Chapter 9

Married with Benefits

 

The next morning the two were sitting opposite to each other on the sleek black table that was covered with mouth watering breakfast. The only thing was, neither of them was touching it. They sat straight on ther seats amid the eerie athmosphere. The akwardness almost tangible for the two.
 
"I'm sorry for last night" Taecyeon started as he replayed the pictures of what happened last night. He was afraid that if he didn't say his apology, Tiffany would think he took advantage of the situation.
 
Tiffany snapped out of her trance and saw the wistful look on his face. She just nodded her head and took a littlest bite of the pancake. Certainly, it was her fault too as she knew what was happening but did nothing to stop it. 
 
After that breakfast, a week had passed and a lot of things happened. Tiffany is yet to talk to her parents but few news that reached her said they were utterly displeased of what she did and is talking the issue seriously. She was actually elated by hearing that. Now they know that they don't have the rights to control her life as it is her own.
 
She wanted to come out after she heard that they were already searching for her in every corner of Korea. Tiffany asked Taecyeon about the issue but all he said was that their will be a time for that. So up until now, she was trapped in the apartment complex doing everything to entertain herself.
 
"I can't see you yet, Jess" She sighed, staring blankly at the white ceiling while she lay her back comfortably on the black leather sofa.
 
"Seriously, that fake husband of yours is getting on my nerves" Jessica whined on the other line. Just like what Seohyun knows, Tiffanys had also probably said everything to Jessica about the deal and such things. It was part of the contract. Only people who you think who 'necessarily' need to know about the deal would only be the ones to know and being almost like her sisters, she seem not to break any law.
 
"I know. Just be patient" She sighed, running a hand through her auburn hair. "Gonna hang up. He's home"
 
After hearing the footsteps getting nearer, she hung up her phone and stood up.
 
"Evening to you" Taecyeon greeted with a slight smile as he handed Tiffany his suitcase.
 
"How's your day?" She helped him removed his suit while Taecyeon started babbling about his day. It was a very hectic day atthe company and his father had been urging him to place his annoncement for the marriage. 
 
But actually, there wasn't really an actual wedding. It was just a piece of paper signed just to say they were wedded. And that was a fact. The two are husband and wife by law   but nothing more.
 
"And by the way, there's a party tomorrow night. Almost all established companies would have a representative to attend it. That's the time" Tiffany knew what he meant by that. Tommorow night they would be officially a couple in the eyes of everyone. She felt a sudden nervousness and her palms started to sweat. Is she prepared for this?
 
Nodding her head she brought a pair of comfortable slippers near his feet. It may have only been more than a week since they started living together but for them, it felt like they've been doing those things for a while. 
 
They would most likely eat breakfast together every morning, Tiffany would wait till Taecyeon comes home then they would eat dinner together again, watch evening shows together, and another day comes just like yesterday.
 
They felt all comfortable with that kind of living and Tiffany is starting to think that she's liking this life. A life not as Tiffany Hwang but being just herself, Hwang Miyoung. 
 
"Your parents are gonna be there" He gently spoke as she felt her heart fasten its beating. This is what she's waiting for, isn't?
 
 
 
•••
 
 
 
Seohyun was scrutinizing the poor papers on her hands, reading each and every word carefully and leaving not a single thing unread but when she felt warm arms wrapped around her figure, her head snapped back.
 
"I missed you" The young bloke murmured as he buried his nose on the crook of her neck. She smells like strawberries and vanilla, as always. He really missed that.
 
"Yonghwa? what are you doing here? don't you have your exams on going?" She felt inexplicably confused.
 
Yonghwa pulled back and a straight and serious look appeared on his face. He seem to be having an internal battle and she patiently waited for his respond. He held a long sigh and scratched the back of his neck.
 
"I stopped. A company agent gave me a really good offer. I'm a trainee now" His eyes seem to lit up as he the word trainee came out of his mouth.
 
"What?! Jung YongHwa, are you crazy?!" She fumed, waving her hands on the air as she confounded the idea and the papers fell effortlessly on the ground. They knelt down in unison and started to pick it up.
 
Yonghwa froze on his spot but his attention seem not to be focused on Seohyun but what she was holding.
 
"Wait. Did I read right? You're investigating Taec?" He look dumbfounded as he held a piece of paper on his hands.
 
"You know him?"
 
"Know him? He's like my hyung"