Chapter 5

Married with Benefits

 

The eerie afternoon in the neighborhood made Tiffany want to shout. It was a hell crazy day and all she wants to do now is to go home and snuggle under her warm blanket. But with the sudden interruption of her phone, she received a call asking for her to come to the company for some 'urgent' matter. She hastily paced faster and hailed the first cab to come in her view.
 
Actually, the guy, Ok Taecyeon had insisted on giving her a ride home. But because of her annoyance and temper, she snapped at the man and again rejected his generous offer. 
 
Few moments later, she was already walking through the building's lobby. All eyes were on her. But who wouldn't take on not looking at her? She was wearing a tight pink mini dress, a blooody red stillettos and her hair is tied in a very messy bun. She was certainly the best to describe a disasted but a gorgeous one to say.
 
Pretending to be oblivious of the loud murmurs and accusations on her back by the employees of the company, she rushed to the elevator. Seeing the metal doors finally closing, she released a breathe she hadn't notice she was holding. She really hated the knowing looks everyone was throwing her like they knew every single thing about her just because she's the owner's daughter and the soon successor of the very company. People and their nonsense.
 
Reaching the twentyfifth floor, she walked out the metal box and found her way around the familiar hallways. She soon reached a certain mahogany door with two stern looking guards standing on each side. She drew a long breathe and made few last minute touches to her hair and dress before knowing what was waiting behind. 
 
"Mom?! what are you guys doing here?" She gasped as she saw her step-father and mother who was supposed to be countries away sitting comfortably on the black leather sofa. She should have known. It was for the first place already suspiscious when she was asked to wait in her step dad's office.
 
"Calm down, Fany. Why don't you sit first and your father's gonna tell you something afterwards" Father? she snorted. the guy was far from being her father. He was just the man her mom married after separating from her true father.
 
She dropped her self on the seat opposite to her parents and crossed her arms in her chest like what she always does when she feels irritated. 
 
"Where have you been?" The guy named Arnold Smith asked to the rebelious looking teen seating in front of him. The man was a powerful one and dominance is something he truly take importance and he always hated how the girl could not be affected by it.
 
Tiffany glared at him but didn't speak a word. She just threw her head on the side and avoided looking at his face like an immature three year old.
 
"I'm asking you, Tiffany Smith. Haven't we said that you are not allowed to leave the house until you learn your lessons?" The icy tone he used wanted to empasize his point being. The guy looked so calm and collected but she could tell that the guy was distessed inside. His jet black hair that was always gelled perfectly on the side had few tangles seen from up close. So not the man he used to know who hated imperfection.
 
Tiffany held her tongue before she could speak unpleasant and disrespectful things to him and just kept her silence as she tried to focus on anything except him.
 
"Your mom and I have talked and thought that there's only one way we could straighten your narrowed mind and be one fine woman who will soon inherit everything we had worked for" He spoke or rather declared as he fixed the glasses resting on the bridge of his nose.
 
"We're getting you married" 
 
"What?!" Tiffany rose into her feet and was unable to control her emotions. What the heck is freakin' wrong with the world and getting married is being a big deal all of the sudden.
 
"The recent trip we just had is the sealing of the contact for the upcoming merging of two of the biggest companies in our industry" He placed a Manila envelope on the coffee table  that was consuming the space in the middle of the room and there was a contract indeed.
 
"I don't understand!" She wanted to run and find her haven but her mind is also asking for a certain explanation from a certain someone.
 
"Mom, what is this?" She murmured quite loudly with a helpless look on her face. Her mom just bowed her head and stared at her pearl white palms.
 
"You're soon-to-be-husband would be arriving few weeks from now to help you with the wedding preparations" She met his cold and dark eyes and she could see that the man was dead serious and fully decided on the matter. She felt her knees turn jelly and every once of energy in her body was draining.
 
"And one thing... could you please for once in your life do something good and be a great wife to the man"
 
"N-no! I... I couldn't. How would I? I don't even know the man!" She stuttered as few drops of tears escaped her eyes. This was a total bull and she wouldn't fall for this kind of ruse.
 
"Hwang Miyoung! Oh, for goodness sake just marry the man!" Her mom who was silent for almost the whole time snapped and was also standing on her height, glaring at her daughter with fury visible on her eyes.
 
"Mom... I-i really can't" She almost cried out loud but held her emotions back. She must be strong. This is no time for weaklings but she should think of a way to escape this.
 
"And why is that?" Tiffany's mother asked with one of her eyebrows arched. The image very identical to how her daughter does.
 
 
 
 
"B-because.... I'm already married" 
 
 
 
 
A/N:
 
😁😁😁