Chapter 10- The night of the gala

Married with Benefits
 
 
 
Chapter nine's recap:
 
Taecyeon told Tiffany about the event where they would go to and would also be attended by her mother and step-father that really gave her jitters. 
 
On the latter part, Seohyun continued her investigation towards the myterious man her Tiffany unnie married. In a very unexpected timing, Yonghwa also came to visit her and told her about the breaking news that caused her an outburst. When the papers fell on her hands, YongHwa saw Taecyeon's name and stated his close relationship towards the guy.
 
 
 
                      Chapter Ten
 
 
 
 
The carpet felt so soft against her skin as she glided her feet through it. Tiffany sat on the end of the queen sized bed with her heart beating erratically. The sun was already setting as she watched it through the ginormous glass window and the sky is already the color of burnt amber as the night gradually comes.
 
"Not ready yet?" Taecyeon was on his way to get his keys when he stopped walking when he caught a glimpse of Tiffany on the slight opening of her door. A solemn look was shown on her face like she was pondering hardly about something with her head slightly tilted up, staring at the sky blankly.
 
She snapped her head and saw the gorgeous looking man on the door, feeling the familiar rush of blood through her cheeks as she checked him out. His custom-made tuxedo was the color of deep black like the color of the sky at midnight and his hair was properly gelled up like a very respected bachelor.
 
"I'll just get my bag and I'm done" She managed to blurt out with a higher pitch than usual. 
 
"By the way, you look totally gorgeous" He spoke with a boyish yet embarassed grin on his face. Tiffany turned redder, if possible.
 
When he was out of sight, she grabbed the thousand dollar channel bag and walked out the room.
 
 
 
 
The trip went smoothly and quietly. There wasn't really much noise expect for the classic ballad song that Taecyeon played. It gave out a very relaxing vibe but Tiffany just couldn't make herself relax.
 
Without her noticing, they already arrived in front of the hotel were the event would be held. Taecyeon was unbuckling his seat when Tiffany felt her body froze on the spot. The nervousness was too much her body turned so stiff.
 
"Are you okay?" Taecyeon asked as he leaned and tried to figure her out as she stilled on her spot.  
 
She nodded her head. It took greater effort just to make that move.
 
Taecyeon wasn't convinced so he gently raised her right hand and covered it with both of his, trapping her within his security. 
 
"I'll be her beside you so easen up. I'll be your shadow and never leave your side for the night" He softly murmured, his voice sounded so convincing. It soothed her for a minute and she felt the nervousness ebb away, even in the littlest amount.
 
She slowly moved her head to the side and met his eyes. Tiffany nodded her head and squeezed his hands that were wrapped around her. She's putting her trust to the man who was only with her because of a piece of contract that would soon have its end.
 
"Let's go" She murmured and tugged her hand back. Never in her lifetime she thought of meeting a person like him. When she was with Taecyeon, it felt like she wasn't her self... or she wasn't the girl she thought she was. 
 
She was stubborn, rebelious, and hardheaded. She doesn't take or follow anyone's order except for her own. She isn't easily affected by compliments or men's words don't make her blush. She isn't Tiffany Smith, the heiress, anymore.
 
Taecyeon surely did a great job in bringing out the things she never thought she had. He could make her follow, obey, and do things just because he said so. When he told her to say home, she stayed. When he told her it wasn't time yet, she waited. 
 
His words affect her in more ways than one and its truly making her question herself. What is happening to her? Few weeks ago, they were fighting even about the simplest things. Now, they're acting way too good as married couples. The pretentious act is turning into something more.
 
Tiffany successfully went down the car without ruining her red dress, of course, by the held of Taecyeon who did the courtesy of opening the door. As soon as she was fully out, Taecyeon wrapped his arms around her slim waist. 
 
"Like what I promised... I'll be here by your side" he leaned closer and whispered closely to her ears, the warmth of his breath giving her goosebumps. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"What are you saying?" Seohyun asked with a baffled feeling as she scrutinized the poor guy sitting across her.
 
"Why do you think would Tiffany unnie marry the son of her father's worst enemy?" She muttered, too irritated by the newly aquired information.
 
"I don't know. But what I am sure of is Taecyeon and Uncle Ok, I mean his father, they hate the Smiths... especially Arnold Smith" He spoke, his mind starting to understand Seohyun's sudden outburst.
 
"How is that? I mean are they related or how did they become enemies?" She question. Seohyun never had been this clueless of such thing. She was used to knowing even little about many things. She surely did not see this coming.
 
"I'm not sure but I remember TaecYeon hyung mentioning once that his father and Mr Smith were bestfriends before like brothers even... but something happened and that they started to despise each other" One lazy afternoon, Taecyeon told him about the story of his father and his archenemy. Taecyeon even said that he never thought that his father's unfortunate fate could also be his. The friendship that turned into an ugly thing just because of someone's doing.
 
Seohyun nodded her head and her mind started to ponder. It felt like fixing a jigsaw puzzle for her. Each piece needed to be intently viewed and be placed on the right spot to succesfully create the image.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Young master, welcome back" The aging man greeted with a warm smile on his lips. His arms extended on the side as he ushered him on the luxurious mansion that seem to be missing it sole heir for quite some years now.
 
The young man smiled with the most angelic face and waltzed his way inside. His light footsteps making the barest noise as his designer shoes hit the marbled floor. 
 
Home Sweet Home.