Chapter 4

Married with Benefits

 

"What?!" Tiffany choked the air as her eyes almost bulged out of her eyes. How can a mere stranger ask her for marriage. As far as she can remember, this wasn't the type of proposal she imagined as a child. Obviously, there are no flowers, fireworks, hot air balloons or even a damn ring for goodness sake!
 
The guy shook his head while a grin was still plastered on his face.
 
"I really need to repeat it, don't I?" He smirked, his face full of humour.
 
"I said... Will You Marry Me?" The way he causually said the words looked like it was the easiest and most normal thing to say to a girl you just met the night before.
 
"You're seriously nuts aren't you?" She chuckled, eyes twinkling with humor as she fought back the urge to punch the guy in the  face. 
 
She can still remember how she wanted to be in his arms a while ago. But now, she badly wanted to criple those thick, mascular and warm arms of his.
 
"You know what, just give me back my bag and I'm out of here!"
 
"Hear me out first will you?" She was stomping her way out of the kitchen when he spoke and had an automatic reaction from her. Tiffany turned her heels and threw him the deadliest glare she could muster.
 
"What more do you want?" 
 
"Give me a few minutes and hear out my proposition" She pondered for a while and soon nodded her head.
 
"5 minutes. That's all I can take before I rip your crazy head off you body" 
 
Unsure of why she did accept to talk with him but somewhat interest sparked within her and she was curious of what a 'stranger' could offer.
 
She sat to her supposed seat opposite to his and patiently waited for him to speak up. When she was properly sat, the guy dabbed a napkin on his lips and drank a gulp of water.
 
"Be my wife for at least a year" Tiffany raked an eyebrow as she listened to him.
 
"And why do you think I would accept that?" She questioned.
 
"Our marriage in exhange of what you badly need" Her ears perked up after hearing what he said.
 
"I would give you your freedom in exchange for a year of your life with me under marriage"
 
"How?" she eagerly asked. 
 
"A ticket back to California, a scholarship to continue college, a two story house, and a bank account" he spoke with a confident grin. 
 
"Do you honetly think I need those?" she chuckled. She IS Tiffany Smith, the sole heir of Smith's International Corporation and part of one of the most influencial and richest families in Korea. She was very well informed of that since she was young. After few kidnap attempts and unsuccessful ambush cases, it just couldn't easily get out of her system.
 
The guy rose a brow at her and seem to inspect her as silence slowly drifted unto them, leaving the sound of the tickling clock the only thing heard.
 
"I'm not yet done. There's still one more thing left" His grinning face was back and Tiffany again felt the urge to punch him in the face with the show of arrogance and dominance.
 
"I would also give you a new identity. That's what completes the package right? If people know you as Tiffany Smith, they would get every chance to have you in their hands. You name is one piece of gold, isn't it?... but I can give you a new one... a new identity people wouldn't care about"
 
She bit her lower lip, hard. The offer is tempting. She couldn't remember how long she had been wishing for a normal life. A life away from the glamorous and complicated living she had grow  into. Tiffany wants to live how most of the girls her age are living. 
 
No paparazzi, no luxurious cars and houses, no company parties, no known name, and of course... two-faced people who only wants her family's power and money. She hated it and she couldn't think of anything she wouldn't do to live another life... a new life.
 
"So what's your say?"
 
Tiffany felt pressured as she rolled her fist on a ball. That is one hard question. Its a matter of having her freedom and marrying a stranger.
 
"Who are you first?" she questioned while half of her mind is pondering if she would accept the offer.
 
"Taecyeon. Ok Taecyeon of Ok Corporation" He replied with a shrug.
 
Tiffany glared at him and she knows she already know her answer. She had heard that name somewhere and she couldn't be mistaken of it.
 
"So Mr Ok...I already have my answer" She grinned with confidence overflowing in her.
 
 
 
 
"I decline"