Not as good as me

The Secrets of the Necklace

989369nkhwxrd6yq.gif

As soon as Myungsoo set foot in their home, he totally knew his mother was there, with her friends that he treats as his real aunts. He entered the house and saw them in the living room, they happily waves at him as he slowly approached them.

“Hyelim imo, Yoonjo imo, Yooyoung imo, Nara imo, Nara imo…and?” He smiles seeing an unfamiliar face. The middle aged woman laughs, “Of course you don’t know me, son. I’m Seo Haein. We came from Busan and it’s been a while since I’ve been on Seoul.” Myungsoo bows, as he sat beside his mother. “Wahh. All my aunts are really pretty! I wonder how you guys looked like during my age.”

They all exchanged glances and ended up laughing, His mother pouted. “Only your aunts? How about your mother?”

Myungsoo pats his mother’s head, “Umma you know you’re beautiful.” He smiles, “I need to rest now umma, imos.” He bows politely before heading to his room.

Yoonjo heaves out a sigh, “He totally looks like you Sooyeon unnie and he has this calm look from Joonmyeon oppa.”

Sooyeon nodded, “How I wish she saw him grow up too..”

“I miss her. She was the one who saved me from everything.” Haein looked down,  “I wonder if she’s listening?”

Nara smiled, “I know she’s watching us. Her death anniversary is on Wednesday. And my birthday party is this upcoming Saturday. Let’s put smiles on our faces!” Nara exclaimed.

She was trying to make the atmosphere light, but it wasn’t that easy to forget her. Myungsoo was resting on his bed when he heard a knock on the door. “Addeul?”

Myungsoo stared at the door and saw his mother approaching him, “Is there anything wrong umma?”

“Nothing. I just want to say there will be a party on Saturday. It will be a formal party, you should bring a date.”

He sighed, “Oh Nara imo.” He lightly chuckled before lying on his bed again, “Date? Can I just come with my beautiful mother?”

She frantically waved her hands, “No no. Someone named Kim Joonmyeon had asked me already, young mister.”

“Eh? Appa did? Tsk.”

She lightly chuckled, before giving a peck on his forehead. “Sleep well my son.”

“You too umma.”

He watched as his mother closed his door, he wanted to sleep but he kept on thinking who’s the most suitable for that party. “Naeun?” He smiled, but then it faded a few seconds after. “Oh she’s Taemin’s girlfriend.”

“By the way son, the theme is BLACK AND WHITE!” His mother shouted through the door, “Okay!”

He scratched the back of his head, “Should I ask Yuna?”  He felt something weird in his heart; it’s beating faster than ever. And he knew automatically why. He is inlove. He gulped before taking his phone from his pocket, He clicked her number and placed his phone at his ears.

“Hello..? Myungsoo?”

“You sound sleepy.” He chuckled.

He can hear her groan on the line, “Duh. It’s 10 in the evening, you psycho.”

“Psychic not Psycho. Anyways, you free on Saturday?”

“Joohee? Are we free on Saturday, Oh okay. Yeah, why?”

“My aunt’s birthday party. And I need someone who I can come with. Theme is black and white, don’t disappoint me!” He ended the call not wanting to hear her complains. He can’t help but smile.

Yuna’s POV;

So basically, Myungsoo called me at 10 in the evening asking me out on Saturday. Black and white? Shoot. I need to get a tomorrow. Joohee was watching me while she had those kind of so what happened? Grin of hers. My mother suddenly entered my room, “Yuna-yah.”

“Nae? Anything wrong?” I stared at Joohee then at my mom, “Do you have plans on Saturday?”

“Actually I do. I have a party to go to.”

“Oh really. Take care, are you going to buy a new dress?”

I nodded, “I have money mom.”

“You sure?” I nodded in response as I approached her and kissed her cheeks. I watched as my mother closed the door. I immediately ran towards Joohee, “Joohee. Let’s go get some dresses tomorrow okay?”

She nods, “Sure. But you need to sleep midget!”

“Eh?”

“What?!”

“Okay. Okay! Night night Joohee~~~”

“Night!”

<< >>

Classes passed by so fast, and Myungsoo wasn’t present at all. Joohee was by my side all the time and I’m glad no one has abilities like Myungsoo or else I’ll be dead. After classes, me and Joohee went to the mall to check on dresses. It was hard to find a perfect dress, but Joohee and I had the same taste so yeah, we found the most perfect dress few minutes after.

 

<< >>

It was Saturday already, Myungsoo said he’ll pick me up at 7:30 pm and It’s like 6:25 already, I’m still doing my hair and makeup.

“Yuna? I need to go now. I’ll help my friends with everything so I need to be early. Go home okay and be a good girl!”

I looked at my mother; she was wearing a white glamorous dress, “Ohhh wow! Mom you look awesome.”

“Oh please. I know.” She chuckled before waving goodbye. I allowed my hair to flow freely; it was curled at the ends. I didn’t wear any accessories except for Joohee’s necklace, she chose not to come because she said she wanted me to enjoy.

“Yah! Stop complimenting yourself, its 7:15 and you haven’t worn your dress. Are you going in underwear?” Joohee was sitting on my bed, with her eyebrows raised. I stood up and took the dress from my closet, “Will I look good on this?”

“Yeah. That’s pretty y!” She teased; I rolled my eyes before going to the bathroom to change clothes. I felt uncomfortable after I wore the dress. I took one last look at the mirror. I took deep breaths and smiled. “I look decent enough, I guess.”

large.png

As soon as I stepped out of the bathroom, Myungsoo was there looking extremely hot and handsome with his tuxedo. I smiled at him, as I see him looking at me. “How did you come in my room?”

He chuckles, “Who else? The prettiest ghost helped me to.”

“That’s right!” Joohee showed off thumbs. “Anyways, you both look good, not as good as me though.”

“Tsk. Fine.”

Myungsoo scratched the back of his head, as he grinned. “You look hot.”

“Thanks. I was wondering if this dress is okay.” I shyly smiled, “That’s more than okay! Then, Shall we?” He offered his arms to; I nodded and locked arms with him. I looked back at Joohee who looks like a happy ghost watching something ! “Be nice okay?”

Joohee nodded like a happy kid, “Have fun you two!”

“Myungsoo take care of Yuna!”

Me and Myungsoo laughed at her reminders, she was really really happy and she’s so funny. I wonder how my life could have been if I haven’t met her, and I’ll really do everything just to fulfil my promise, to bring her back to heaven, where she belongs. But, I’m getting closer to her, it might be hard to let go. 

989369nkhwxrd6yq.gif

(A/N: Hello everyone~~ Chapter twelve is up! And this story still gotttttt a long way to go. Please shower this story with all your support! I really love my subscribers and it doesn't matter if it's few or not . I also love seeing your comments/opinions so keep them coming! They cheer me up a lot!)