A Gift~

LuHan's World

          ***English is blue, Korean is black, and Mandarin is red***           

 

 

 

 

 

 

           “Maybe we should go back inside. It’s long past sunset at this point.” LuHan chuckles lightly.

           “Sunset?” I wonder out loud. He nods and slides off the fence, brushing off his pants and hands before reaching a hand up to me to help me down.

           “One of my favorite things…” He grins, steadying me while I got down.

           “Only one? Will I get to hear the rest?” I smile, hoping I would. He leads me to the porch and releases my hand, turning to face me.

           “Maybe one day you will.” He nods, a small sparkle shining in his gaze as he watches me. He reaches up and sets a hand atop my still damp hair, saying, “I’m going to get ready for bed, though. Stay healthy.”

           “Y-yes…See you soon.” I reply. He nods and strides into the house, leaving me with my thoughts. I push a hand up to my hair and frown gently; why did it feel like something was wrong?


 

 


           “JoJo!” A loud voice booms, jolting me from my peaceful slumber. I groan and roll over, burying my face in the blankets…I just want to sleep.

           “Jo…Jo!” The loud voice yells out again, this time it’s accompanied with a large lurch on the bed as whoever it was jumped onto the bed excitedly. I already knew who it was and I really didn’t want to be woken up by him…

           “Drew… Not now…” I mumble into my blankets. He gasps and glomps me, cuddling close to me through the covers.


           “But…I have a surprise JoJo!” He whines into my ear.

           “Eh? Drew?” A sweet voice pipes up from the bedroom door, making my heart leap. I sit up quickly, shoving Drew off me and onto the floor.

           “G-good morning, LuHan!” I bid nervously, my cheeks slightly warm.

           “Morning Ju-ah.” He coos, smiling lightly at me. A groan is heard at the side of my bed.

           “JoJo…” Drew moans from the floor. He stands slowly, rubbing his . “Good morning Lulu…”

           “Morning.” LuHan greets, watching us slightly amused.

           “Anyway~” Drew chuckles, looking between us. “I’ve got a gift for Ju Rin! Go…Get dressed!”

           “A gift?” LuHan and I say in unison. He shrugs at us and grins a wide, innocent grin.

           “We leave in ten! I’ll also ask for your driver’s services, Lulu. I’ll behave today~” He exclaims, skipping around the bed and passed LuHan, disappearing down the stairs. LuHan shakes his head as he chuckles softly, bowing to me.

           “See you in ten, then.” He waves and disappears after Drew.

           “A gift, huh…?” I wonder, trying to imagine what it could be. I slide out of bed and rummage through my clothes. I put on a short, blue skirt, a matching, loose-fitting blouse, and knee-high socks. I braid my hair into two long braids and pin an adorable little flower clip into my hair before I skip downstairs to join the boys, slipping on my shoes.

           “So, where are we going?” Ju Rin huffs at Drew, watching him impatiently. I can tell he was woken up as well, which wasn’t a favorite thing of Ju Rin’s… Drew sneers at him and hands the three of us tickets.

           “Amusement park~” He sings, winking playfully.

           “Amusement… Park?” LuHan mumbles under his breath.

           “You truly are my best friend!” Ju Rin yells out, throwing his arm around Drew’s shoulders. He gazes at his ticket happily – I haven’t seen him look so happy in a long time. “Too bad Dae isn’t coming.”

           “He’s meeting us there.” Drew announces happily. “He’ll be coming back with us, there’s no way he’s missing your birthday-anything!”

           “Dae? Who’s Dae?” I ask. It isn’t uncommon for my brother to gain new friends, but this is the first one that’s been invited anywhere with Drew and me around. Almost 17 years with the same person, Ju Rin and Drew were like brothers, attached at one another’s hips. They were popular in school and among people, but when it came to outside school activities, they kept to themselves. And they especially didn’t like any of their friends to meet me; they were both fairly protective of me. Or is possessive a better word for it…?

           “He’s our new friend! You’ll like him!” Drew grins, opening the front door. He winks at Lulu and strides outside with Ju Rin. I glance over at LuHan to judge his reaction. He stared out the open door, a small smile played on his lips. His gaze seemed so distant and alone… I wondered where his mind was and it was beginning to really worry me – was he always like this?

           “LuHan? Do you want to go?” I ask, grabbing his attention.

           “Ah, that’s fine.” He answers, widening his sad smile.

           “If you don’t want to, I’ll stay here with you.” I try to reason with him.

           “No… Let’s go!”


 



           DANDY~!!!” Drew howls once we arrive at the park, waving to a boy standing near the entrance. The boy waves back and walks towards us.

           He was a cute boy – his hair was well kept and naturally curled. His lips were full and curved and accompanied with big eyes and pretty pale skin. He was dressed more reserved than the other three I was with; a vest, button-up shirt and dark jeans were topped off with big glasses. He looked like he would be put under the ‘nerd’ label, but as he got closer, he had a certain air about him that pushed that thought away instantly. He was…different.

           “You’re finally here.” He tells Ju Rin and Drew, his voice high but cool and even. His face didn’t break from his cold, strong stare as he looked between the four of us.

           “This is Dae?” I ask. He seemed so different from Ju Rin and Drew. In fact, he seemed like the exact opposite. While Ju Rin and Drew were loud and playful, he was reserved and insightful. He almost came off like a rich kid playing amongst the more common folk to observe how we live.

           “He only hangs around girls, so we’re bringing him out into the world.” Drew tells me.

           “And we’re hoping he can help us score with the ladies~” Ju Rin wiggles an eyebrow at me.

           “Yah! That’s only you! I just need my JoJo…” Drew pouts, wrapping an arm around me. Dandy’s eyes widen slowly.

           She’s JoJo?”

           “And my sister~” Ju Rin declares proudly, pulling Drew off me.

           “Wah, noona… Nice to meet you! I’m Daejung.” He introduced, looking me over with a sweet smile. I gasped slightly; it was a smile almost sweeter than LuHan’s! And that ‘noona’… Is he trying to kill me??

           “Daejung, huh? Daejung… Jungdae…” I look over at Drew, watching him closely.

           “Right? Isn’t it amazing?? It’s fate~~~” Drew coos at Dandy, pinching his cheek playfully. “It was meant to be!”


           “But… Ignore his advances… And let’s go!” Ju Rin yells out, grabbing Drew and Dandy, pulling them to the entrance. I couldn’t help but chuckle, they were all too cute… And I think I now know why he’s their friend!

           I turn around to find LuHan, who was still standing beside the car, quiet and distant yet again…I didn’t like it…It left a pit in my stomach. Maybe I should have made him stay home with me.

           “LuHan?” I call out to him, waving him to me. He smiles another sad smile at me and steps over. “Ready?”


           “As ready as I’ll ever be.” He nods, stepping around me towards the park entrance.
 


 

 



           A couple hours into this ‘gift’ and I was ready for the end. The three boys dragged poor LuHan and me on just about every ride. If it wasn’t Drew latching onto me and constantly declaring his love, it was Ju Rin fighting with him about it. Dandy didn’t help either; he was like someone completely different when talking to the boys versus me…

           “I’m going to rest a bit…” LuHan finally speaks up, making the boys pause in their war-like path.

           “But all the good stuff is ahead.” Drew pouts.

           “You three go ahead, we’ll catch up when we’re done.” I wave them off. Hopefully, a few minutes away from them will calm me down. They scowl at us before reluctantly running ahead, disappearing into the crowd. I sigh and turn my attention to LuHan. He looked so worn out…but who could blame him?

           “Are you okay?” I ask. Seeing him so down was really getting to me…

           “Just tired.” He smiles meekly. I didn’t quite believe it. I sigh, ready to admit defeat. If he didn’t want to tell me, I shouldn’t pressure him so hard… Maybe if I try one more time, get some alone time with him from the crazy boys…


           “Oh! Come with me!” I bid him, coming up with an idea. I grab his hand gently and lead him to the Ferris wheel.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

This chapter was edited by the amazing Sapphireyes!

Please, give her some support as a thank you~~

 

 


Another character has been added~!

 

 

Park DaeJung/Dandy

16 years old

A new friend of Ju Rin's and Drew's (doesn't know Ju Ah)

Drew calls him "Dandy" to , but he doesn't really care

Drew became his friend due to their names being very similar

"It's fate~~~" Drew often jokes

Playboy

"Blank" personality most of the time (meaning he is often quiet and not caring unless he's with females he's got an eye on)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Please leave feedback!

If I hear from you, it helps me continue to write~

Don't forget to show my C/A some love! She's writing this EXO fanfic of which I am super excited for! If you like mine, I have a feeling you'll love hers. Go check out her Sweet & Spicy~~~~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you want to read Kris's side, please go read Kris's World!


CA:ohhhh!  Amusement parks are the best!!

Everything is getting interesting, and I wonder why Lulu is acting so distant? Maybe he is thinking of how to throw that party!

leave some love for the authornim! Comment, subscribe, and upvote! 

~jmskitten04