Chapter 6: Wounds...Not Just Physically

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

Tension filled the afternoon as slowly the air became more heavier, making it harder to breathe in.

Sooyoung stood there lost in this new world she found herself stumbling into. She shifted her eyes continuously between the two men vying for her attention. Like hanging on a thin piece of thread, Sooyoung felt so small, so inadequate ---with a single slight move, she was afraid of being woven into the lives of  the two she barely knew; afraid of being entangled in darkness which may lay ahead.  

 

“Oh yeah? Try to get her then. Know your place boy. This is my territory .”

 

Every little word Changmin spoke, every single movement he made provoked Minho as he boiled with anger on the inside.

He brought his foot forward as he made his way towards the bastard with the filthy mouth. It was not long after his first attempt to advance that Minho found himself surrounded in a sea of navy blue after one single motion by Changmin.

 

Minho let out a deep sigh as he examined every body that stood before him, counting the number of enemies against him. In his mind he played the situation, visualizing each direct hit that he would land.

“Shim Changmin,” he called out. “Why do you keep sending out others to do your dirty work?”

 

“..because of the exact words that you just said. Why would I want to dirty my hands on someone like you? I’m glad we finally agree.” Changmin replied as a lopsided smirk formed along his face.

 

“Watch and learn pretty boy…watch and learn how it's done.” Minho began to stretch his neck muscles.

 

“You got a lot of talk there Minho. Count your blessings though because I can guarantee you that you won’t be leaving this place as easily as you walked in….there won’t be a single bounce to that poodle hairstyle you got lying on top of that midget sized head of yours.”

 

He couldn’t take it anymore. He had reached his boiling point and was now ready to burst. Minho swung his fist to the boy on his left all the while dodging an attack by another.

Beautifully the plan that was sketched in his mind was played out to the tee, knocking out all those that approached him. Every punch, every kick had landed exactly as how he imagined, proving his title as one of the best.

 

Minho stood up straight as he cracked his knuckles.

“So what now Changmin? Is that all there is to it? You asked me before why do I keep running…tell me something Changmin, why does it seem like it’s the other way?” He flashed a cunning smile at the SamDong high student as he wiped away the small beads of sweat that fell down his head.

 

“I’ll just go my way with noona, so why don’t you just back off?”

 

He laughed at Minho’s confidence. He had to admit; he never knew that the kid had it in him though.

Changmin repositioned his arm around Sooyoung’s waist, bringing her slightly closer to his body. His tall frame shadowed over her petite sized self. She gasped at his sudden more aggressive move, squirming even more as Changmin tapped his fingertips along her waist like one would softly play the keys of a piano.

He made sure that his actions were visible…making sure that Minho would see.

 

“You’re not going anywhere with my woman…”

With that, Changmin pulled his hand out of his pocket and raised it in the air, signalling for more back up to arise.

 

As the running footsteps of numerous boys began to echo in the distance, Minho looked over towards Sooyoung as if telling her with just that glance that he would be ok.

He then dispersed into the alley as the group of SamDong students appeared left and right. Minho chuckled as he watched them surface.

 

Changmin’s eyes widened as he witnessed the poodle head’s nerve to make eye contact with Sooyoung.

I’m gonna neuter that dog…

 

He cupped Sooyoung’s head with both hands and swung her around as he gently kissed the top of her head.

 

Why did he do that? Not even Changmin knew exactly…but these days his body followed a different beat of a drum. His head was a mess and his heart’s throbbing sensation never seemed to cease like a battery that had kept going on and on.

 

He opened his eyes and fixated his stare with hers. Changmin brought his hands down slowly along her long silky black hair, continuing down until he grabbed hold of her warm hands.

 

That was when he shot her his smile. A smile she believed never existed within such a cold person…or at least a person whom she thought was cold.

 

He began to walk backwards following the crowd that hunted for the blood of the intruder, all the while still holding on to her until it no longer was possible as distance separated the two. As their contact was finally broken, Changmin turned and charged like a wild mustang, heading towards Choi Minho.

 

That smile….that indescribable smile stuck into her head as it engraved into her thoughts. Momentarily she found herself immersed in a random trance --everything around her stood still.

No noise, no madness…..nothing. Around her, everything became blurry but off in the horizon a clear figure stood out.

Shim Changmin.

The back view of his navy blue uniform, his long tall frame, the single strands of his chestnut brown hair --- it was all so clearly visible in her set of eyes. Everything about him was suddenly sharpened as if outlined for only her eyes to see.

 

 

 

Changmin came charging into the alley directly headed towards Minho. Minho was on the floor after a blow to the face knocked him down for a split second. Changmin pushed his peers off to the side as if telling them not to interfere.

 

It was a fight against just the two of them…

A fight against rivals

A fight for Sooyoung.

 

They swung at each other without mercy, both fighting for what seemed to be vengeance. Ruthlessly landing hit after hit across their once blemish free faces…faces that girls all over the city had adored which was now marked with the tint of fresh bitter blood.

 

Fighting was like a game in their minds, something they both played numerous times respectively…something that they both were a pro in.

They knew each technique in the back of their minds.

They knew each trick in the book.

 

Just then, Changmin landed his infamous jump kick across Minho’s body, causing him to fall back. He slowly made his way towards the weakened boy on the floor and lifted his arm ready to take another swing, when suddenly a hand pulled him back.

 

Choi Sooyoung.

 

“STOPPPP!!!”

She stood in between the two with her hands high up to her sides.

 

“WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING?!” His voice was sharp and cold.

 

“Please….Please just stop!”

 

“He knew what he was getting himself into when he set foot onto our territory. MOVE.”

 

He walked around her and brought his first up once again before Sooyoung prevented his actions for the second time.

 

“NO!” She flinched as she was convinced that he would swing, but was surprised when he just stood there in disbelief.

 

“You can’t do this! There’s so many of you against one person…” her voice trailed off as her knees continued to shake from fear of such violence that erupted.

 

Silence spread throughout the noisy crowd in an instant as quickly as a bullet being shot. All eyes fell to the trio that stood front and centre.

 

Changmin stared at Sooyoung. He saw how frightened she was…how she looked at him as if he was a monster that prowled along the earth. His eyes twitched as pain shot throughout his body that moment. He looked at her with an indescribable look.

 

…eyes that were filled with more than one could really ever say. Sadness, disappointment, frustration…Changmin’s eyes portrayed it all ---pouring out every little bit of himself.

 

But Sooyoung didn't notice at all. The pain, the saddness...she failed to see not one bit of suffering that painted his face. She didn't realize that the boy that just once flashed that warm smile was now crumbling into pieces....like fire slowly disintegrating every piece of him away into burnt ashes.

 

Slowly he turned around and began to walk away as the crowd made way; separating a clear path for him to walk down. Everyone watched him in disbeliefdumbfounded by what just occurred.

 

“Changmin ah…”  Yuri called out quietly to her friend.

No response.

“Changmin…” Eunhyuk tried as well, but only to receive the same reaction.

 

It was the first time in history that the great Shim Changmin had walked away.

It was the first time in history that he left the battle field looking so defeated.

 

Although he wasn’t quite physically hurt, his mind and soul felt different.

 

He walked away with footsteps as heavy as a bull dozer and a heart that matched. Slowly off into the distance walked a living corpse.

 

An odd feeling once again entered into his body, but this time it was different than the previous.

 

Slowly, his heart pounded

His heartbeat slowly weakening as it began fading off with every second that passed….

with every footstep he walked away from her….

 

_______________________________________________

A/N:  Yeah, so that's my update...not so sure if it's quite good since I LITERALLY wrote this thing on my phone while I'm on my bed about to sleep...kinda drifted off here and there while doing so actually ahaha fail on my part LOL. So sorry if my structure or grammar in this one isn't up to par :(

I would have updated this thing earlier, but I find myseld SERIOUSLY HAVING TROUBLE LOGGING INTO this site... I can't even load the site in general most of the time...I'm actually surprised I got in right now... o.O

Anyone else have the same problem??               Goodnight~ and good morning/afternoon to other readers LOL ^__^