Chapter 15: 0910

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

Sooyoung stood outside her neighborhood gates waiting patiently for that familiar roar of an engine as the brisk wind blew through the crisp fallen leaves ruffling below her feet.

She stood there waiting…

She resembled that of a porcelain doll as the well lit moon shone a distinct silver halo above her, reflecting off her pearl white skin. Like a fragile porcelain doll –waiting for the right delicate pair of hands to hold onto her.

 

She looked at her beloved cell phone she held. She didn’t quite know when exactly that piece of electronic device eventually represented something so important to her; for reasons she didn’t quite know. It was as if by instinct she always made sure that the phone was by her side as if permanently glued to her at all times.

From the phone screen, she read the time: 8:20PM.

She had been already waiting there for at least twenty minutes. She flipped the phone open and close constantly as she wondered where he was, for she knew that he was dead set on going with her to the pub.

She checked her inbox, but only to see that no new messages arrived.

She checked her call history, but saw that she missed not one single incoming phone call.

She checked the battery life of her phone and the connection, but saw only full bars displayed.

 

There must be something wrong with it she thought to herself as she began to carefully tear the thing open. Her fingers began to scramble around as her hands became occupied with so many compartments of the cell phone which led to some pieces eventually falling to the ground.

She bent down and hastily tried to retrieve every single part when another pair of hands entered her line of vision.

She knew right away who they belonged to…for those hands, the hands of Shim Changmin, couldn’t be mistaken for anyone else ---hands that were both strong, yet all the while held the most soft touch one could ever ask for.

It was a trait that Sooyoung only had discovered earlier that day.

 

They both stood up after picking up the pieces.

“Hmmm so what exactly are you doing?” He playfully lifted an eyebrow as he handed over the pieces he had collected. 

“qwertpid-eown…uhm nothing…” Her words jumbled out as she accepted the parts.

“If it’s the type of model, I can assure you that it was the most recent type that just came out. If you’d like something different you can just tell me freely, no need to take it out on the poor thing.” He smiled brightly while jokingly teasing her.

 

After successfully putting the thing back together, she glanced once more at the time. 8:30 PM.

“Yah Shim Changmin! Do you know how late you are?!?!” She abruptly shouted into her quiet neighborhood.

His eyes widened as her sudden loudness took him by surprise. Don’t get him wrong, he was actually glad to see the same Sooyoung before his eyes.

“Didn’t you see how many times I called you? How many times I sent you a text message?” Sooyoung lightly hit his chest with her fist.

She was cutely huffing and puffing at that moment, a sight that Changmin had grown accustomed to already; a sight that nonetheless also made him happy on the inside.

 

“Reply to every single text message I send you. Answer every single phone call I give you…”

She was restating the terms he had drilled to her that one night where they both went on a thrilling drive.

 

“I understand that I didn’t quite follow that before…but don’t you think you should at least comply with your own little rules?!?!?!”

Sooyoung was now fully bursting out her complaints at the top of her lungs, screaming at him as if he was hearing impaired.

Although many guys would have expected to see someone become softer and reserved after an event they had experienced like theirs, Changmin felt differently. He enjoyed Sooyoung’s natural personality of flaring up like a hot air balloon…he didn't want her to change.

After all, it was that strange charm about her that had him hooked the first day he had laid eyes on her during that bus ride.

All that he could do was smile at her in response. Even though she wasn’t trying to, the girl was simply too adorable for him to handle.

Realizing that the guy wasn’t going to give her a straight answer, Sooyoung simply sighed. “Fine then…” she folded her arms.

 

Finally simmering down, Sooyoung turned her head in all directions searching for his lavish grand automobile which people would naturally die for, but she couldn’t spot the little beauty.

“Where’s your car?” She curiously asked. When she thought about it, she never heard the aggressive motor approaching her, the screeching of tires, or the foul smell of the rubber burning on the road.

“I didn’t bring it.”

“…”

“A little something different today, but all the while something kind of familiar.”

“B-But we’re late! You told Minho 8:30 and we’re not even close to the pub yet!” She was starting to feel a little weird.

 

Surprises weren’t Sooyoung’s forte since they never came out to her liking.

Her parents' divorce = surprise

Her father’s death = surprise

Sunny and Sungmin dating = surprise

Ever since, she wanted to desperately demolish that word out of her personal vocabulary.

 

“Minho’s likely there right now so we should just-”

“Just let him be.” He cut her off as he turned around, now having his back towards her.

She stared at the back of his head somewhat lost.

“So what if we arrive late? If he really wanted to meet with you, he would still calmly be there.”

“…well you never know…I mean after all, how would you know…” her voice was quiet as she wasn’t sure whether or not she wanted Changmin to hear her reply.

“I know because that is exactly what I would do...”

“…” She looked at him as his figure slowly ce more to face her.

“Before, I did come across quite impatient with the whole answer in five minutes, but don’t misunderstand…that’s only because I was eager.” Their eyes finally fixated upon eachothers.

“…”

“If there ever is a time when you’d willingly agree to meet up with me, I’d gladly take that opportunity even if it meant waiting an extra 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, a week or even a year.”

“…”

“Just knowing that one day I’d meet you because YOU WANTED it to happen…I can wait endless amounts of time for it to occur.”

 

Sooyoung could feel her palms slowly become slightly sweaty and her cheeks flushing.

She always imagined such lines coming out from a man’s mouth from movies and novels that people would curl their fingers to, but never did she expect that someone would actually say such indescribably kind words to her.

 

“…Ok then so we he she I what where time and…” She awkwardly said out loud before her mind could functionally make out a sentence that a normal human being could comprehend.

 

Changmin shot her the hundredth smile, reached into his pockets and held out two tickets in his hand. He grabbed the girl with his free hand and dragged her to the spot that often played in his head when the two of them barely knew each other.

He dragged her to the familiar bus stop in which Changmin watched Sooyoung carefully get down from during their first meeting.

As if on cue, a bus stopped just seconds upon their arrival.

He pulled the girl onto the bus as he placed the two tickets into the pay machine. He led her to the back of the bus and seated her in the right spot before occupying one himself.

 

They sat on the bus in the exact same seating spots that they both were in during the day they had met.

Sooyoung couldn’t help, but feel moved by his actions. She knew very well now that their meeting was somewhat like an act of fate.

After all, on the chosen day that ‘The Shim Changmin’ agreed to step foot on the bus was the exact same day that she’d lay eyes on the tall individual with Eunhyuk’s deadly smelly sneaker guiding the way.

He had the money to get in a cab or even call a maid to fetch him up --heck he even had the money to buy the entire bus if he wanted to…yet somehow, the guy who could shower himself with cash had coincidentally decided to live like a normal kid that day.

 

It was that day in which unknowingly, his tough walls which he built up inside him slowly began to tear away because of her presence, gradually welcoming her in.

 

Shim Changmin sat in the chair just in front of Sooyoung’s, just like before. He closed his eyes and reminisced upon that special past day while she just stared at the guy before her eyes.

Although he was still physically not in the best appearance, she knew now without a doubt that he was handsome. She understood now why girls worshipped the floor he walked, why girls crazily tried capturing a picture of his presence on their cameras to reserve.

 

What now replayed inside her mind like a broken record which has no end was a question she had asked him that first day…

"Besides, who are you to me?"

That was it…who exactly was Shim Changmin to her?

Before she was able to say that he was:

1)      Yuri’s friend

2)      A school junior

3)      The inconvenience in her life

4)      The tall ugly freak of nature

5)      The annoying individual who wouldn’t disappear

6)      A mere colleague

But now, as she looked at his face before her eyes, she found it difficult to answer.

 

Just then he spoke out softly as his eyes remained closed.

“This is where it all started….” His face was completely peaceful.

“Where it all started…?”

“…where I first began to sincerely care for someone else beside myself...where I found something to look forward to waking up for next day.”

“…”

“Words cannot describe how glad I am that I met you that day. Glad, that I found you here….” His voice trailed off as he finally softly opened his eyes and looked at her.

He lightly grabbed hold of the hand nearest to one of his own and rubbed the top of it with his fingers.

“….on the random bus?” Sooyoung asked innocently as she attempted to finish off his sentence.

“Nope…” He shook his head just a bit.

“Not a random bus…but from now on, OUR BUS.” His voice exclaimed lightly as cotton.

"It is no longer the 2560 NamChon line bus...it is now from today onwards formally known as  0910 NanChon line bus..."

"0910....?" She didn't quite understand.

 

"I bought the bus service with more than half my inheritance bank money...."

"Why would youuuu-"

"It's worth every single penny." He reassured Sooyoung who stared at him in disbelief.

"..."

"It is now 0910 as in September 10....the day we first met on the bus. I renamed it after us.."

 

At that instant Sooyoung gripped a tad tighter onto Changmin’s hold; both then closing their eyes--allowing their bus to lead them wherever it chose...all the while still holding onto eachother's hands.

There it was, an individual with the right pair of delicate hands holding onto the porcelain doll like girl.

 

__________________________

A/N: Just about 3AM down here...couldn't quite fall asleep (hmmm maybe it's bxuz I'm sleeping with one eye open kekeke Addie) so I present to you another update...which again was on my phone so sry for any mistakes that have occured.

This is just a random chapter that I thought of on the spost while my insomnia was taking over ahaha. Is it good?!?

 

0910 = my birthday actually ahahaha, but thought it would be fine to use here since they meet somewhat around that time.