Chapter 5: Entering the Enemy's Territory

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

Rays of sunlight beamed into the windows, bouncing off every square inch of the tiny room.

Sooyoung sat upright in her small bed. Her head throbbed of the worst headache one could ever possibly imagine. She was turning her head furiously searching for the stone brick that she was comvinced whipped her across the head which caused her to be in such a state. Like a vampire, she cursed the light that shone directly reflecting off her morning face. She pulled the blankets over her head, trying to escape the brightness of the early morning.

“Noona!” her little brother called out to her as he pulled on her blankets.

“Yah! Get away!” she shouted back. His voice irritated her ears more so today than any other day; like the sound of nails against the chalkboard.

“Sooyoung noona! We all need to go to school! Yuri noona won’t give me my bowl of rice until I get you out of here!” Key exclaimed as he continued to desperately tug at the sheets that kept him away from his delcious rice.

She would usually win at such trivial games, but for some reason this little head ache of hers got the worst of her. She felt so weak…she finally let go of her grip causing the boy on the other end to fall onto the carpet.

 

Her youngest sibling Key, rose from the ground and peeked at Sooyoung. He was a few inches away from her face. He stared at her with curiosity.

“Noona why do you look so frightening different today?” He poked his sister’s face with his index finger. Although, he hadn’t seen her in a couple of years, he had never witnessed her in such a state.

“Are you going through one of those girl stages?”

Sooyoung annoyingly stared at her little brother.

“What’s that suppose to mean?”

“I mean you know…those gothic stages…you’re eyes are SCARY noona!” his pupils widened as he brought his face closer, examining the living figure that resembled a zombie.

Sooyoung lightly pushed her brother away as she extended her foot.

“You little twerp! Try and say that again!” she threatened as she held her pillow up in the sky.

“OK OK! I got it…it’s you’re time of the month isn’t it? Sheesh you and Yuri noona are the same. If I didn’t know any better I would have called the cops on you both and have you locked up for you’re craziness!” It amazed Key at how his sisters would be sane one day and totally psychotic the next. Girls were truly scary beings in his mind.

Sooyoung whipped a death glare at him.

“Noona, so that’s not it?”

He only had one other idea why she was looking the way she was.

“Well then….Halloween is still far from now and besides, you don’t have to try so hard to look scary. Unfortunately for you that’s just the way you naturally are.” He stuck his tongue at his tall sister.

Sooyoung grabbed her brother and started whacking him with her fluffy pillow, hitting him left and right. “You want scary, I’ll show you scary!”

“Noona wait! Stop. Do you smell that?”

“…” Sooyoung let go of her grip and sniffed. “What?!”

Key brought his nose close to as his eyes widened.

“Noona! Are you an alcoholic?!?!” He shouted in a high voice.

“Key shut up!” Sooyoung quickly covered as she watched the little brat of a brother run out the room with his hands over his head exaggeratingly flailing them in the air.

“I’m telling mommm~” he cooed as he made his way out.

Damnit! She cursed under her breath. Sooyoung swung her legs out of bed and ran after the little kid. It was not long after that she grabbed hold of the noisy boy in her arms as she roughly messed his hair.

“MOM! Sooyoung is trying to capture me. She said she wants to feed me to those kangaroos down in Australia!!!”

Yuri walked over to the two and slapped Key lightly across the head. “WTH?! Feed you to the kangaroos? Key, now even I would have never said such a ridiculous thing.” She shoved the boy’s bowl of rice into his hands.

Yuri looked at her sister. “Unnie, you don’t even have your uniform on yet? It’s your first day. We need to go to school soon!” She dragged her sister back into the room. She refused to be late because of her sister’s stubbornness to change.

 

~

He walked down the school hallways confidently. In one hand he carried a small box of pizza while the other was coolly placed into his pant pocket.

Girls immediately swarmed around him, gawking at his handsomeness that graced their presence. His grey uniform distinctly set himself apart in the pool of navy blue uniforms that surrounded him.

Each step he took eluded such an intimidating persona. He smirked at the attention he was getting.

He fashionably wore his uniform like no ordinary student. The elders may find his attire repulsive and disrespectful, but the reaction was the complete antithesis when it came down to the youth. Three buttons of his inside shirt were ed, teasingly revealing a little hint of his firm bare chest. The girls held their breaths at every little bit of wind that blew his way, causing the shirt to open just a tad bit more.

Although he wasn't 'one of them' he was loved by just about every single female student as they dreamt of his touch. Without a doubt, he resembled a walking model straight out of a runway --each curl in his hair so perfectly placed at the top of his head, bouncing at every single step he took.

The guys that were aligned against their lockers were ready to swing at the cocky little jerk that dared to walk into their school, yet they didn't have the guts to initiate a fight with one of the best.

That was the impression that he portrayed. He was that kid that everyone envied yet secretly wanted to be.

Choi Minho was entering the enemy's territory.

 

 

Sooyoung was seated at her desk waiting for the day to start. She was lost in a daze as her head continued to throb from the hangover. Damnit I don't even remember drinking that much...

"Noona!" A voice called out to her from behind, snapping her back to her senses.

She turned her head towards the doorway. He stood there with the biggest smile a person could ever put on a face and walked his way towards her.

“Noona, you remember me right?” Minho placed the box of pizza down onto her desk and seated himself in the empty seat in front of her.

“You have to remember me; it’s only been a little while since I last seen you.”

“Minho?.....” Sooyoung replied as she was confused as to why exactly he was here.

THAT’S RIGHT! Choi Minho.” He pulled out a coke bottle from his inside jacket and eagerly offered the carbonated treat to her.

Sooyoung stared at her desk. She didn’t understand what he was doing.

“Uhhh…are you here to see someone?”

“Mmm. YOU.” He answered in a ‘matter of fact’ tone of voice.

“Me?” Sooyoung replied as she pointed at her nose.

Minho smiled back at her.

Sooyoung’s female classmates pushed their way near to them. “It’s Choi Minho of DongWon High!” They all screamed excitedly as they admiringly looked at the gorgeous boy in front of them. They felt like their heart were about to explode with every little smile that formed on his heavenly looking face, every little movement he made.

Dumbfounded, Sooyoung looked back at her peers. Is his presence really such breaking news?

She turned back to face the boy she barely knew. He was already opening the box of pizza, reaching out for a slice to eat. What is he doing? Is he allowed to be here like this? She stared at him oddly, trying to figure out who exactly the kid was.

“Why is he sitting with this new ugly freak of nature?” a girl sneered from the back.

Sooyoung flinched at such hatred words coming from people she never even spoken one word to. She was about to talk back when she heard his voice, beating her to the punch.

“Yah! Would you like to repeat what you just said?” His stare was frighteningly scary. “Who are you calling ugly to? Hmm?” he called out to them with a stern strict voice. The girls embarrassingly lowered their heads down.

“If you dare say anything like that again I will handle you myself. I’ll make sure that it won’t happen…” he slammed his fist down onto the wooden table, causing everyone in the room to flinch at his sudden action.

Sooyoung’s eyes moved towards Minho’s and in an instant they suddenly became soft. Those puppy brown eyes reappeared within a snap.

Just then a crowd of boys pushed their way into the classroom.

CHOI MINHO! YOU’R DEAD!” they all screamed simultaneously as they filled into the doorways.

Minho sighed. He knew that it was his time to leave. Again, he was reluctant to, but it was for the best. He turned to the reason why he made the sudden visitation, “Noona, I gotta go now. I’ll see you again soon.”

Sooyoung gave him a slight nod. She was still unable to comprehend the situation.

The crowd of boys began to walk closer towards their enemy, waiting for the perfect time to attack. Minho caustiously watched them as they surrounded both his sides. He backed off slowly, taking steps back.

Like in the speed of lightening, the boy was gone. He jumped out from the window, landing perfectly onto the ground below showcasing that the two stories was no problem. He stood up and brushed the dirt off his shoes before turning to look back up at the numerous students crowded by the windows.

Eunhyuk was about to jump out as well when a firm hand pulled him back. Shim Changmin finally appeared as he poked his head out the window and stared at the individual who caused such a commotion at their school.

He set his eyes on the poodle haired boy. The kid that enjoyed running in the rain…just like Sooyoung.

“Shim Changmin!” Minho called out. “Idiots like you should pay attention in class!”

Changmin his teeth. This kid has a lot of nerve walking into my territory, polluting our land with his filthy presence. He watched his enemy walk away.

“Yuri, Minho seems to be head over heels for your sister.” Eunhyuk teased. Yuri punched the boy hard. She had the strength of a professional boxer hidden beneath that small little frame of hers.

Eunhyuk winced from the pain she caused him. He rubbed his shoulder and looked at Changmin. “Dude, don’t you think that guy has weird taste?” Changmin just smirked at his fellow friend as he made his way to the doorway in order to return to their classroom.

 

He stopped in front of Sooyoung’s desk. The girl was staring at him profoundly.

“Did you enjoy that?” the words escaped his mouth naturally.

“This right here…” he flung his hand onto the cardboard box and tapped it. “A little romantic picnic from your admirer I’m guessing.”

Sooyoung stared at Changmin. What a jackass. He’s younger than me, yet he has the balls to talk to me like this?

“What? Speechless from his kind acts? Or have you finally taken in how good looking I am?” He leaned down on her desk. “I told you not to get excited.” He said to her as he directly looked into her eyes. "But don't worry if you slip up, I'll be on that bus with tissues prepared. I'll even bring a couple bottles of soju since you love it so much. Don't whine to me because I'll just tell you I told you so." He winked.

"..."

“Don’t you dare take a bite of that pizza Sooyoung.” Changmin walked off while Eunhyuk and Yuri awkwardly followed behind.

There it is again, this damn feeling...WTF is wrong with me? This time it was pounding a little more faster, a littler more harder. He lightly hit his chest trying to get rid of the annoying sensation as he continued his way out.

 

Such nerve this kid has. She wanted to pop that massive balloon of ego he had. She stared down at the delicious warm baked pizza. Her eyes didn’t widen, didn’t salivate…for some strange reason she didn’t feel like eating it.

“Don’t you dare take a bite of that pizza Sooyoung”

Was his words really getting through to her? Was he playing some sick hypnotizing game on her? She didn’t understand, but the thought of pizza drove her mind out of control. Farking retard totally killed my appetite…

~

Sooyoung walked out the school as she sluggishly dragged her feet down the concrete floor.

“Unnniieee~” Yuri ran to her sister and latched onto her arm. “Where are you going?”

“Home…” her voice was so dull and lifeless.

“Whose home? Choi Minho’s?” Yuri asked playfully.

“…”

“WHAT THE HELL UNNIE I WAS JUST JOKING! GET  THESE THOUGHTS OUT OF YOUR MIND!” the sudden silence of her sister was not the response she had hoped for.

“Why would I go to his house? I don’t even know where he lives---” her voice trailed off as both of hem set their eyes on the curly haired boy who was now in front of them.

He leaned casually on his parked motorcycle. Minho instantly smiled upon seeing her figure appear.

“What the hell are you doing here? Has stalking my sister become a part time job of yours?”

“I’m here to take her out.”

 

An arm swung around Sooyoung’s shoulder…the feeling was familiar. Her eyes followed the arm up until she gazed into his eyes.

Shim Changmin.

“Stop hitting on my girl. Sooyoung is mine.”

The girl began to squirm from his hold, trying her best to release herself from his strong grip.

“S-s-sooyoung?! Changmin, don’t you have any respect? She’s older than you, learn the word noona alright?” Minho was disgusted by Changmin’s formal talk.

“Whatever.” He hissed back. “She has no time to meet with you. Her schedule is full. I would say sorry, but I’m not the type to lie…so yeah, I’m really not sorry.”

“What kind of nonsense are you spouting Changmin?” Sooyoung exclaimed in a loud voice. She was still struggling to get away from him.

He pulled her closer to his face and whispered into her ear, “Sooyoung, if you continue to squirm, I’ll only hold on tighter. I have eyes like a hawk so if you try to run away to where I can’t see you, I’ll pounce on you the moment I find you like a predator finally capturing its prey. Don’t you understand? This tug of war thing we got going on…just know that I will win.”

“She doesn’t want to go anywhere with you. She’s coming with me.” Minho clutched his hands into a first at the sight of him so close to Sooyoung.

Changmin looked up.

“Oh yeah? Try to get her then. Know your place boy. This is my territory .” He confidently said as his hand fell down to her waist. He grabbed onto her small self.

He wasn’t going to let go.

He wouldn’t let go.

He didn't want to.