Chapter 14: Shim Residence

[HIATUS] A Complicated Kind of Love.

"Yah Sooyoung unnie, what the hell are you doing?" Yuri was forcefully dragging her older sister up the driveway of a massive house.

They weren't kidding when the others said he was loaded with cash...Sooyoung thought to herself as her eyes dilated at the beauty of the thing while still digging her long legs down into the pavement.

A well kept green lawn with various plants and flowers accenting the area welcomed them before their eyes. The bright sun shimmered down just nicely over the whtie clean slate brick walls of the place.

 

"You were kicking and pulling me yesterday asking if we could go to his house and now you're totally different!" She sighed at her as she reminisced yesterday's events.

She recalled how Sooyoung had returned home with the most blank expression one could have on.

She remembered Sooyoung waking her up in the middle of the night asking how Changmin was, but after answering that she hasn't talked to him; she could have sworn that a small tear dripped down her face.

She remembered her older sister constantly glancing at her phone during breakfast as if expecting a call or a text, not even paying attention to the little jokes Key played on her.

Even more oddly, she remembered seeing her hugging the pillow randomly once more...

 

"I can't go! I can't go! I change my mind!" Sooyoung pulled back Yuri's hand.

Something about going into the Shim residence made her feel a bit out of place...she wasn't quite ready.

Before she knew it Yuri's thin index finger pushed on the buzzer. "Too late." Yuri stuck her tongue out teasingly.

"YAH!" Sooyoung screamed.

Naturally, she began straightening her shirt trying to get rid of every little crinkle. She ran her fingers down her hair while now regretting the fact that she didn't straighten it that morning. She was rumaging through her purse searching for her tube of lipstick --often Sooyoung would never be caught wearing lipstick, but today was an exception. It was as if that fresh light red colour was a necessity to put on that morning. But before she could apply it on, the large elegant door opened.

Her heart skipped a beat as she expected to find the tall guy standing there right before her eyes.

"Gloriaaaa~ Hi!" Yuri sang out as she warmly greeted the woman with a light hug. "The maid" she mouthed to her sister.

Maid?!?

"So this must be Sooyoung!" The stranger dressed completely in black asked as she gave her a sly smile.

How the hell did she know?

"Our Changmin has been talking about you non stop these past few days."

Yuri nudged her sister lightly at the shoulder while eyeing her happily with what was just said.

 

After much twists and turns down the vast hallways and up stairs of the mansion, they were finally led to a grand chocolate brown coloured door with a golden brass handle.

"I shall leave you now then..." the woman exclaimed. "It was nice finally meeting THE MISS SOOYOUNG."

Sooyoung awkwardly smiled back. What is up with 'THE MISS SOOYOUNG?'.

She turned her head to watch the maid walk neatly back down the stairs and further away from her line of vision. When she finally brought her head back to the front she realized two things.

1) Yuri was no longer standing there.

2) The door was open.

She quickly walked inside the room and met up with her little mischievous sister once again. The girl was jumping on the king sized bed as a large lump lay hidden underneath the covers.

"SHIM CHANGMIN GET YOUR LAZY UP!" It amazed Sooyoung at how Yuri felt so comfortable in this place, yet she herself didn't want to lay one finger on any object.

Yuri pulled the covers off Changmin's head and immediately she stopped jumping as she fell onto the floor.

"Omo." Her voice was dead serious. "W-w-what happened?" She asked as she forced the rest of the covers off the boy, revealing every little purple bruise and deep cuts imprinted along his face.

After numerous hours of worrying, Sooyoung finally caught a glimpse of his face...but was not expecting to see it in that bad of a condition.

Sooyoung felt her heart tighten as if someone grabbed it with their hands and tightly squished it.

"Sooyoung unnie where were you when this happened?!" Yuri shot her head to her sister.

"The wife left her husband while she ran off with another man" Changin's voice softly said.

Another sharp pain towards her heart surfaced at that moment like a thousand pins poking at the poor thing.

"Is that true unnie?"

She hysterically searched for the words to explain what exactly happened, but couldn't really form proper sentences.

"I'm just joking Yuri. I was just being my stupid self when some kids attacked me randomly." He stared at Sooyoung and gave her half a smile. "Is there such a thing of a wife ever leaving her husband for another man if he got attacked?"

"Yah! Why then why say such jokes you idiot!" Yuri laughed out loud. "..of course Sooyoung unnie would act like a good wife."

 

Suddenly silence took over the room.

"Don't you have to go somewhere with Eunhyuk?" Changmin finally asked, breaking the ice.

"Bwoh? Eunhyuk? I don't think so..." Yuri replied back as she scratched the top of her head in confusion.

He let out a deep sigh and tried once again. "Don't you have to go somewhere with Eunhyuk?" This time he gave the clueless girl a sly wink hoping that this time it would get through to her.

"Oh, oh, OHHHH~ Yes, Eunhyuk that's right!" Finally she caught on to his genius plan.

She hopped off the bed and slowly backed off to the door. "Unnie, I forgot to tell you that I had something planned with Eunhyuk so...yeah BYE!" The girl quickly ran off as fast as a cheetah, closing the bedroom door behind her and disappearing before their eyes even before Sooyoung could protest.

 

There they were...two young adults in their prime locked up in a magestical large sized room.

Sooyoung had so much to say to him, yet at that moment nothing was popping into her head. She began to brush her feet back and forth along his cherry wood floors as her eyes followed along.

"Are you trying to wax my floors or something?" His voice called out.

He smiled at the girl before him. The way she cutely acted when she got nervous made those butterflies in his stomach flutter.

"Aren't you going to ask me if I'm alright?"

She abruptly stopped her fidgeting and looked up at him. "Mmm...Shim Changmin, are you alright?" She softly asked.

"Hmm? What did you say?" He crunched his eyes.

"Are you alright....?" She replied back, taking a few steps closer and this time asking a bit more louder.

"Hmmm? What was that?"

"I SAID ARE YOU ALRIGHT?!?!" She found herself completely in front of him screaming at the top of her lungs.

He smirked at her. Her annoyed facial expression was just as cute. He lightly grabbed her hand and pulled her down to his bed, seating her right beside him.

"I'm perfectly fine." He calmly said to her as he gazed into her big pupils that he missed seeing.

"YAH NO YOU'RE NOT!!" Sooyoung exclaimed sternly. As she now had a better vision of the damage upon his face...she realized that the guy had suffered more than what she thought.

Immediately she dumped the components within her handbag onto the bed and tore open a packaged alcohol swab. She then pulled his head gently with her hand and began taking care of his wounds.

He never knew the day where he would feel the indescribable warmth of her hand on his face would occur just then. He wanted time to freeze at that moment, erasing all troubles that surrounded their lives.

"Look at yourself...your poor handsome face...." those words escaping quietly as she carefully continued to brush his face with the medicine in her hands.

A warm smile plastered over Changmin's face instantly. 

"Bwoh?!" Sooyoung stopped as one of her hands was now in mid air. She looked at him curiously. "What are you smiling about like an idiot?" She raised an eyebrow at him as she placed her other hand on her hip, releasing his head. 

"...you said I was handsome..." he replied back with those puppy dog eyes she had once seen a while ago...eyes that would cause a frenzy...eyes that would cause girls to melt.

 

OMG...what is this feeling?

Why can't I move my hand to slap that foolish smile off his face?

Why can't I lift my leg to kick him hard?

Why can't I open my mouth and retaliate at his crazy remarks?

Why do I feel my blood rushing through my  body??

 

She sat their beside him completely frozen as if paralysis overtook her entire body. Her eyes didn't even dare to blink.

"Sooyoung?" He called out to her concerned as he lightly touched the top of one of her slender long legs.

The slight touch of his hand caused her to feel nailed to the floor out every little energy away from that particular leg.

 

Finally, her eyes gave in. She began to blink furiously.

"Handsome?!!? When did I...Why would I....YAHHH~" She unknowingly began to attack his face with the alcohol swabs, stinging his cuts.

"Sooyoung! Sooyoung!" He desperately called out, trying to stop the girl as he blocked most of her attempts with his own set of long arms. However, he secretly enjoyed it --hoping that it wouldn't really end.

 

Was it some kind of sick erted feeling since he was in the 'prime of manhood'...who knows? All that Changmin knew was that he enjoyed the little petty skinship of their hands briefly touching over something nonsense like that.

 

After failing more often as Changmin became accustomed to her moves, Sooyoung became more aggressive as she pounced harder aiming for those cuts.

Somewhere along the line, both of them began laughing stupidly like a pair of hyenas at eachother and at themselves.

 

"Get over here Shim Changmin!! Pshhh, handsome??! More like an ugly tall freak of nature!!" She was giggling nonstop while flailing her hands with the alochol swab.

"Why are you so strong?!? Is this how you're suppose to treat the injured?!" He was smiling crazily at her as if he wasn't even one bit hurt.

 

"You're dead now! I gotcha!!" She fully went forward trying to attack his face when she suddenly lost her balance.

"No you don't SOOYOUNGIE!" He laughed at her as he grabbed the off balance girl by the wrist and lightly pinned her down on his bed.

Sooyoungie?!?  It had been quite a long time since someone had called her that...the last person calling her by that nickname was her father...An odd sense of warmth shot down her body....a feeling of comfort.

 

She laid there completely flat on the soft mattress, the one in which he would fall asleep on every night.

He found himself directly on top of her with both hands firmly gripped on her small wrists.

She let go of the alcohol swabs that were once tightly held within her hands as if they were the last pieces of food on Earth.

Their bodies were perfectly over eachothers as they both felt their hearts pounding rapidly. Oddly though, their hearts' pounding coincided with each others, matching every single second.

Their eyes met as they stared deeply at each other both not knowing what exacltly to do.

 

As their faces were just inches away, Changmin saw her long and perfectly full set of curled eyelashes batting furiously.

Why is she so gorgeous? Every little thing about her...why is it like a work of art? A priceless work of art...

Meanwhile, Sooyoung watched his Adam's apple go up and then down in nervousness.

He isn't such an ugly tall freak of nature afterall....Handsome...he really is quite handsome....

 

She noticed his head gradually moving in towards her.

She couldn't control her heart as it pounded madly along her chest walls as if it was a snare drum.

Sooyoung allowed her eyes to naturally close just like that previous time....but at this moment however, she anticipated the end results.

 

~!@#$%^&*

Just then, the musical sound of Sooyoung's ring tone whipped through the moment like lightening, causing both of them to freeze and eventually pull themselves away from each other. With fingers twitching Sooyoung nervously searched for that damn cell phone along the various objects placed on the bed.

Shim Changmin's hand held it under her nose. Sooyoung lifted her head up and looked at him while she slowly grabbed the piece of technology from him; her hand ever so slowly grazing away from his warm hand.

"H-H-Hello?" Her voice quivered.

"Noona! It's Choi Minho...where are you? Let's meet up." His bright voice boomed out from the cell phone.

She glanced over to Changmin, knowing that he heard it all.

Changmin let out a soft sigh as he reached over for her phone taking it away from her.

"Lucky Star Pub on NamChon Road. 8:30PM. She'll meet with you....but so will I."

With that being said, he simply hung up the phone and carefully handed it back over.

 

___________________________

A/N: I just wanted to take this time to say THAT I LOVE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU THAT LEAVES COMMENTS! & OF COURSE TO ALL THE SUBSCRIBERS =)