Mad - Part 2

KonJae Drabble

The house was eerily empty, too quiet for his liking. He admits that it is already late, almost 2 am in the morning already, but usually even when he got home earlier than that, he would be welcomed with some kind of noise. Usually from their phone that never seems to switch off. It wasn’t much a surprise there, since that is all the basic entertainment they have. With no television or laptop to keep them company.

Most of the time, the boys spend their time on their phone or their mp3 player.

But he was too tired from all the work that he has done today, to really care about the silence. In fact he actually welcomes the silent, since it would mean less work for him before he can take his shower and go straight to his bed. No need to go through each room to turn off the phone or check up on the boys.

He fumbles with the light switch when he enters the house, it was strangely dark in here, there’s no light at all. Another strange thing that he realized, but trying so hard to ignore it again.

He almost cried a whelp when he saw him sitting solemnly at a corner of the living room. Okay this one, he can’t ignore anymore.

                “Hey, what are u doing there in the dark? U almost give me a heart attack just now.” he tried to laugh at his own joke, but it falters awkwardly when Jaehyung only gave a hard look at him. He sighs, what now? He is too tired to handle another problem now, too tired. He was barely standing. “Look baby, I am sorry for whatever I did this time, but can we talk about this tomorrow? I am too tired now. I just need some sleep.”

                “Where were u?” Jaehyung totally ignore his plead and instead he asked himthrough his gritted teeth.

                “Where else?” he is offended by that question, “I was busting my off doing my work. Where do u think I was?”

                “I called a few times tonight, why weren’t u answer ur phone?” another attack, instead.

                “I left my phone with manager, I don’t want to be disturbed.”

                “Oh so now, I am a disturbance?”

          “No!” Hyeongkon is seriously tired and he can’t afford to fought with him now. “Why are u saying that? I was working and I don’t want to be disturbed by anyone.”

Jaehyung slowly rose from his seat, walking toward him. Anger is still radiating from him, loud and clear.

                “Don’t worry, I won’t disturb u anymore after this.”

                “Fine. That’s great news to me.”

                “What? What did u just say?” Jaehyung glared at him now, he is beyond furious now. Trying so hard to hold back his tears.

             “Jaehyung, I don’t need this. I work my off for this whole day today. I am tired, freaking exhausted. I don’t need u to hover over me. I seriously don’t need this now.”

That was it, his flood gate couldn’t hold back his tears anymore, wiping away his tears than is running down like a waterfall, he gritted his teeth, determine.

Hyeongkon was taken aback when he saw the tears flowing down from his eyes, realize he has been acting too harsh on him, he take a step forward, offering his apology. But one again he stops midway, when Jaehyung quickly refused him.

                “Fine…” his voice is now chocked with tears, quivered and tremble with anger and sadness, “I never know that I was such a nuisance for u. Sorry for not realizing that, and thank u for telling me. If not I wouldn’t have known.” He looked straight into his eyes now, ignoring the tears that are still streaming down, he looks so resolved, Hyeongkon was frozen in his step, only able to look at him, trying to plead with his eyes.  “I will try not to be a nuisance anymore, I will try my best to be the best group member u will ever have, I will support and encourage u as a group member. Don’t worry, I won’t be in ur way anymore, I will try to be as invisible as possible.”

Hyeongkon shakes his head, trying to say something, but he is also chocked on his own sadness now, he can see where is Jaehyung heading with his statement, but he can’t believe it. He still doesn’t want to believe it. They love each other, right? They care about each other too much. Jaehyung won’t do that to him, Jaehyung can’t live without him, he won’t leave him, right?

                “Happy 1 year anniversary, u . And goodbye!” with that Jaehyung throws a box to Hyeongkon, before he swiftly walks away from him, heading straight to his room, slamming the door when he enters it. Hyeongkon can clearly hear the double click from the room, a sign that Jaehyung has locked the door, a sign that he don’t want to speak or see Hyeongkon.

At least not for today.