Opposite - Part 2

KonJae Drabble

 

Later when they got back to their trainees’ dorm, each one them all didn’t say a word, there’s no giggling Seungjin that could always make him laugh, there was no nagging from Yunyoung or even a sound from the ever so talkative Sungmin. They all had their head down, dragging themselves to the dorm, not wanting to go back, so afraid of what others will said, and was honestly feeling embarrassed. It will be a lie if they didn’t feel proud about their debut, it will be a lie if they said that they didn’t talk about it, it will be a lie if they said that they are being humble about it.

Maybe some of them did it unintentionally, but nevertheless they didn’t keep the news of their supposedly debut as secret, and they most definitely didn’t try to be cool about it either.

“Ah… what should I tell omma? She would be disappointed…” he looked up looking at Seungjin as he pouted and slumped to the floor. Urs and mine kid, he thought to himself.

When they were in the subway, going back to dorm after their usual practice routine, his mind was full and occupied with conjuring ways of how he could gently break to his family about this, he seriously don’t want to disappoint his mom again. She has always been a great supportive mother that respect and support whatever he wanted to do but he knows that she is worried for him. Their debut date was his salvation but now even that…

He scratches his head not wanting to dwell much longer on it, grudgingly he walks to the pouted kid that is still mourning on the floor and patted his head. He seriously dunno what to say, if he wasn’t in the same situation, he might have some comforting  words, but being in the same boat, he also has lost hope and can clearly see the start of the sinking of everyone’s morale and it ain’t pretty.

“Yah Ham Seungjin! What are u doing? Get up and stop pouting!” He quickly take his hand that was patting that lil kid back, surprised at the sound of the omma of the group, walking in, scolding and didn’t even stop to greet him. Maeng Yunyoung, when he first meet this kid, he quickly become close with him, he was witty, nags a lot and always say whatever he wanted to say. But he also cooks and cleans up, which he totally admired.

Even before their group was formed Yunyoung has always been known as the omma for the trainees, mainly because he nags a lot, but after the group was formed, Yunyoung devoted himself to take care of his newfound family, especially the two maknaes that is still in high school, funny since he is not much younger than the youngest one, only two years of the age differences.

He smiles watching Yunyoung rustles around, taking the bags that both him and Seungjin had throw on the floor and started to sort out clothes into the dirty laundry basket, he doesn’t know why, but watching Yunyoung running around doing things making him feeling a lil better. He tapped the shoulder of Seungjin and waited for him to look at him, he smiles at him and gestures him to get his off the floor. Seungjin reluctantly get up and walk up to his bed, he is still pouting though.

“I told u to stop pouting, u are cute when u pout, but this is not the time.” It seems that omma has done cleaning and now moved to the next task, that is to console the sad son.

“But I am sad, hyung…” Yunyoung sighed and sit next to Seungjin, he stays a lil farther than those two, just close enough so that he can watches, but far enough so he didn’t interfere any conversation that is going on between them.

He watches as Yunyoung half hugging the other guy and started to soothe him. It took only minutes, he swear it happens in just a blink of an eye right in front of his eyes and he didn’t even blinked, the pouting sad, devastated Seungjin was gone and was replaced with a the old happy child just like that.

“Now go take ur shower, cause u reeks right now. And then we can tackle those homework that u have.” The younger just eagerly nodded and complies with what the other one said without saying anything. As he walks to the shower carrying his own toiletries and towel, he stops when the other one shouted instruction to take Seungyeob the other maknae of the group for shower also, giving salute to omma, he grinningly said yes.

He just watches Seungjin walks almost prancingly toward Seungyeob’s room to pick up his friend for a round of shower, as he watches the kid skipping toward and then disappear into a corner, he turns to the other guy in the room, who is also watching Seungjin walking off but with a smile on his face, looking like a proud mom and seems happy that his baby is back to his old self again. He turns toward him, still smiling.

“U should get a rest too hyung, I know u have taken ur shower at the studio, so why don’t u lie down on ur bed for now. I will get something yummy for u later after Jinnie and Yeobie done with their shower. I’ll call u when I get everything all set up.”

“How did u do that?” He just has to ask, he is still in awed.

Yunyoung just smiles, “Do what?”

He looked at him, and then gestures to where the shower room is, “That! How do u manage to say the right words at the right time and miraculously makes everything all right?”

This time Yunyoung just laughs, he closes his distance with him. Standing in front of him, he put his left hand on his chest, “Love hyung, all I did was love…” with that he left.

Amused and bemused, he watches as Yunyoung walks off leaving him behind, as he was about to turn into a corner, he calls out to him, “Yah, Yunyoung ah, I love him too! Do u know that? It’s not just u that loves him!”

The other guy stops and turn to look at him, “U should love him too hyung, u are his appa after all.” With that he leaves the older guy behind waving goodbye as he turns away from him and walks off.

APPA… that was it, he is their appa, not just a member of the group, or someone they know, he is not just their leader, above all, he is their appa. If he is down and loose hope even before the battle began, then what will happen to his kids? That thought was enough to make him laugh, a good hearty loud laugh,

“Yes Kim Hyeong Kon ah, as their appa, this is not right attitude to have, u need to be their pillar of strength, they may crumble into pieces but u, u have to stay strong for them.” He was mumbling to himself, it’s something that he always does. Self motivation work in so many different ways, he can’t help it if he gains encouragement from talking to himself.