Ddeokbokki

When the Sun Goes Down

Another update! Woot woot!

This is ... VVIP-ily's character, Han Kiro!

Hope you enjoy it! :)


Kiro smiled happily towards her friends. It’s been a while since she actually got to hang out with them, mainly because she was so busy working at her parents’ convenience store.

Kiro frowned slightly. She hated working there because she always got stuck working the late shift. It gives her the shivers. She ignored the creeping sensation that started in her lower back. Kiro definitely wanted to have fun today.

The mall was busy as usual, filled with people shopping and selling. First thing she wanted to do though was to get something to eat. She went to the food court and immediately found some ddeokbokki to eat. Her friends found some of their favourite food and they all sat down to eat. One who didn’t eat, however, was Minho.

“Yah, aren’t you ever hungry?” Kiro asked with a smile.

“I make a mess whenever I eat, so I don’t eat in public.” Minho explained. His expression was sincere, so Kiro knew that he was telling the truth.

“Well, that’s too bad.” She said sympathetically. At the same time, a bit of sauce from her ddeokbokki fell on her shirt. “Aigoo~” She pouted and started to dab at it.

“Maybe you should follow my example.” Minho grinned. Kiro mehronged him and ignored the messy patch.

“Kiro, what happened to your shirt?” SeungHo asked. Kiro jumped and Minho stiffened.

“I dropped ddeokbokki sauce on it. And hello to you too.” She said.

“Oh, sorry. Forgot.” He smiled apologetically. “Hello, Kiro!” He bowed formally before sitting down beside her. SeungHo was ignoring Minho the whole time and vice versa. They both acted like the other wasn’t there. It was sort of bugging Kiro.

“So how was your day so far?” SeungHo asked. She looked at him curiously but answered anyways.

“Fine. I was working at the convenience store this morning, visited my grandmothers and then came here with my friends.” She told him. “And how was your day?”

“Okay, I suppose. This morning I had breakfast with my family, then I went to the park with my friends, and then I came here.” SeungHo explained. Minho snorted. The older man glared at him.

“I’m sorry, but aren’t you too old for the park?” Minho asked with a hint of attitude.

“You grow older, but that doesn’t mean you have to grow up.” SeungHo grumbled, even though it was a happy quote. Kiro huffed and went to go order some more ddeokbokki.

She couldn’t believe it. Why did SeungHo even have to come anyway? She puffed her cheeks as she grabbed the food she ordered. It’s not like she invited him. He just shows up out of nowhere and immediately expects her to drop everything for him. She sighed as she sat back down.

The two men were having a glaring contest and didn’t notice Kiro sit down. She made a racket by setting the plate and utensils down. That didn’t catch their attention. She tried chewing noisily and rudely but that still didn’t grab their attention. She couldn’t take it anymore.

“Yah!” She yelled. “Stop it with the awkward atmosphere!” She hit the table with flat hands to show how annoyed she was. Both SeungHo and Minho looked at her.

“Sorry, Kiro. I promise I won’t do it next time.” SeungHo apologized.

“I’m sorry too, Kiro,” Minho said as well, “Though I wish there wasn’t a next time.”

“You’ve got something to say, leech?” SeungHo growled.

“Not in front of a lady, mongrel.” Minho seethed. Kiro yelled in frustration.

“All I wanted to do at the mall was eat ddeokbokki happily and shop for some new make-up. Not too much to ask.” She exclaimed. “Apparently it is.”

SeungHo looked really upset. Minho couldn’t look at Kiro anymore, he felt too guilty. She pouted. Great, instead of a fiery tense atmosphere, it’s an awkward sad atmosphere. She sighed. This has to stop!

“Omo~ How about we forget any problems we had and try to get along with each other.” Kiro suggested. “I don’t care if you guys are sworn enemies or whatever, it’s just one day. Do it for me, please?”

They seemed to consider this for a moment. SeungHo looked at Minho. Then they both nodded at the same time.

“We’ll do it.”

“Just bear with us. It’s hard to get along for us.”

“Whatever works.” Kiro chirped. “Now, let’s eat!”

SeungHo and Kiro ate somewhat awkwardly because Minho still refused to get anything. When they were done, the three headed towards a make-up store. Both men didn’t want to go inside so Kiro went in by herself.

She browsed around the store. Eventually, she found sparkly brown eyeliner that she just had to buy. When she bought that and also a soft purple eye shadow, she headed outside. She expected to see Minho and SeungHo banging their chests.

However, they weren’t. Instead, they were smiling and laughing with each other. Kiro grinned and decided to surprise them. She hid behind a board sign advertising a new perfume. She was close enough to hear the conversation.

“You’re actually quite funny. If only you weren’t a huge hairy beast that is able to kill me.” Minho laughed. SeungHo laughed along with him.

“And if only you weren’t attacking people on my territory, then I’d totally be friends with you.” SeungHo smiled. Kiro was instantly confused. What? Surely, they must be joking.

“If only, if only.” Minho mumbled. Now it seemed like it was their own inside joke and Kiro extremely hoped it was.

“Hey guys! Ready to go somewhere else?” She exclaimed. Minho and SeungHo both nodded. Kiro tried to ignore the small conversations he heard but couldn’t seem to. If it was code for something, what did it mean? Were they telling the truth? She just couldn’t wrap her head around it.


Some creatures are so stupid...

Why talk about that in open public? Tch, monsters. :3

Watch me unnis! I can rawr! ^-^ Rawr, rawr, rawr!