An Early Sunset

When the Sun Goes Down

Joon was kicking a small rock on the sidewalk when something fast rammed into him. That something was knocked down and it let out a groan. It had stopped moving to reveal a smaller/cuter girl version of SeungHo, also known as SeungHee.

He lent out his hand and she took it gratefully. When SeungHee finished dusting off her clothes, Joon looked at her expectantly.

“What?” She asked simply. Joon raised an eyebrow. SeungHee sighed.

“If you really want to know, I was running to find Kevin or Dongho because I didn’t want to go to the park alone. A note was left for me saying to go there but I’m pretty sure it’s a set-up of some kind.” She said with a slightly forced tone. Joon smirked.

“Why do you go to the other pack all the time?” He asked. SeungHee looked at him weirdly.

“You always call them ‘pack’, along with SeungHo oppa. I find it kind of odd.” She muttered. Joon shook his head.

“You’re so analytical.” He told her. She shrugged.

“It’s easy to pick out the liars that way. I find it amusing to watch them as they get told their own ‘fool-proof’ plan.” She smiled. Joon rolled his eyes.

“You watch too many crime shows.” He said and ruffled her hair. She pouted and shielded her hair from him.

“Yah~ Go see that one girl you always talk about… Jiyoung-sshi!” She yelled. Joon hung his head. SeungHee stopped and tried to get him to look at her. “Did I say something wrong?”

“Never mind, SeungHee dongsaeng. You don’t have to worry about it.” He said as he saw the opportunity to ruin her hair once more. She groaned in frustration and stamped her foot.

“Stop doing that!~ And please talk to Jiyoung-sshi if it’s bothering you so much.” She said. Joon sighed heavily and straightened his back. He nodded and said good-bye. SeungHee looked at his back as he was walking away. Without him looking, she mehronged him. She turned and headed towards her friends’ dorm.


Minah sighed. Yesterday was so boring after Kevin left. She hated full moons because she was always alone. She decided to go see him and his friends that he lived with. She reached the apartment no problem. However, she arrived at the same time as a younger girl.

“HEY!” All the boys yelled. Both girls looked at them with smiles.

“Minah!” Kevin yelled and hugged her immediately. The younger girl ignored the couple and went straight to Dongho.

“Yah, come with me to the school playground at six.” She said right away. Dongho looked at her with a face.

“Now why would I do that?” He asked her.

“Think about the environment, Alexander!” Kiseop yelled and turned off the tap. Kevin, Minah, Dongho and the small girl all looked at the two.

“You should know by now that I when I wash dishes, I think about CLEAN dishes, not the environment.” Alexander said.

“Still!” Kiseop exclaimed. Kevin rolled his eyes and shook his head. He smiled towards Minah.

“Are you ready to go to the movie?” He asked her. She nodded excitedly. Then she looked at the younger girl, who was bickering with Dongho. Minah told Kevin that she’d be just a moment. She smiled and waved at the girl.

“Hello, I’m Jung Minah.” She said sweetly. The younger girl nodded.

“Mm, I’m Yang SeungHee.” She said with a soft smile. The two shook hands.

“Why do you need someone to come with the park with you?” Minah asked. SeungHee slightly frowned.

“I’ve received a note to go there at six. But the note says it’s from my… former best friend. However, it’s nothing like his writing.” She explained. Minah nodded in understanding.

“Sounds like a problem.”

“I still won’t go with her!” Dongho yelled. SeungHee’s frown grew deeper and she sighed.

“I’m scared to go… But I want to know why someone would pretend to be my best friend…” She said sadly. “But no one wants to come with me… I think I’ll just go by myself.”

Minah tried to talk SeungHee out of going. However, the girl was being incredibly stubborn. She gave up and went to Kevin.

“Oppa, do something.” Minah pleaded. Kevin sighed heavily.

“She always comes to our pack…” He muttered under his breath. Minah still caught it. It dangled in her mind idly as she watched Kevin go talk to Eli.

Eli. Minah straightened her back and held her chin high. She couldn’t help it. At first, she had a crush on him. That’s why she came to their dorm every day but now that she has Kevin… But her feelings couldn’t go away just like that… She sighed and slouched. Screw Eli, Minah thought, I don’t need him; I’m completely happy with Kevin.

Eventually, Eli left with SeungHee. Minah could feel herself relaxing. She was only there for a few more moments before she left with Kevin. His smile was dazzling. She smiled happily and clung onto his shoulder.

“What movie are we going to watch?” She asked. Kevin’s smile dimmed.

“Actually… I was thinking about dinner… I’m really hungry.” He said uneasily. Minah smiled. Why would he have to worry about something like that? She didn’t mind, being hungry is totally natural.

“Sure. It doesn’t matter. Where would you like to eat?” She smiled. He chuckled and took her hand.

“It’s a surprise.” He said with a hint of playfulness.


Jiyoung decided that Onew would walk her home, since Joon had left so abruptly. She was having fun giggling at his body gags. However, the sun was starting to set. That always made Onew change. But Jiyoung couldn’t tell exactly what changed about him.

She smiled wryly as Onew suddenly toppled on top of her. She felt him reach for her neck but pulled away.

“Onew, you’re acting like a ert.” She said without hesitation. Onew stepped back with guilt all over his face.

“Sorry, Jiyoung-sshi. I don’t mean to…” He hesitated. “I just… think I have something wrong with me…”

He hung his head and sighed heavily. Jiyoung patted his back. She didn’t mean for him to feel bad about it. It was just that he was acting like a ert. She had to do something about it.

They walked in silence. A heavy, dense, awkward silence. She tried talking but couldn’t form words. So instead, she let out a huge exaggerated sigh. Onew took notice.

“Maybe I shouldn’t walk you home.” He said, mostly to himself. Jiyoung shook her head.

“No. Who else is supposed to protect me?” She asked sweetly. Onew half-heartedly smiled.

“Jiyoung-sshi, I know that you can protect yourself. And I might get you hurt.” He told her.

“Just because you have two left feet doesn’t mean that I’ll get hurt.” She countered. Onew cracked an actual smile.

“If only I could tell you more…” He muttered under his breath. Jiyoung could barely hear it. So she just ruled it out as her imagination.

She sighed and they continued to walk in silence. Suddenly, she saw Onew tense.

“What is it?” She asked. Onew’s jaw locked as he stared straight ahead. Jiyoung looked to see a couple.

“They’re onto us.” The simple sentence the man spoke visibly shook Onew.

“Jiyoung-sshi, I’m sorry but I really have to go.” He told her. Jiyoung nodded and watched as Onew left with the other man. Now all that was left was her and the other girl.

“Hello…” The other girl said quite awkwardly. Jiyoung acknowledged her presence.

“Do you know what that was about?” Jiyoung asked the girl. She shook her head.

“No. I don’t.” She answered. “I’m Han Kiro by the way.”

“Lee Jiyoung.”

“So Jiyoung, how do you know them?” She asked. Jiyoung looked at her questioningly.

“What?” Her question came out quite rude but she had no intention of being impolite.

“How do you know Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, Key and Taemin?” Kiro asked.

“I only know Onew. Even then, I only see him when he works at my dad’s restaurant.” Jiyoung told her. “How do you know them?”

“My grandmother requested I did so. She said it would’ve made my grandfather happy to be friends with them. I don’t know how my grandfather would’ve known them. They look so young.” Kiro explained. Jiyoung nodded in understanding.

“What time is it?” Jiyoung asked. Kiro checked her watch.

“It’s quarter to 6.” She answered.

“That’s weird.” Jiyoung said. Kiro looked at her with a confused face.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean that it’s only quarter to 6. And the sun’s already setting. Last time I checked, the sun doesn’t set until 8 in June.” Jiyoung stated. Kiro looked back at her watch.

“Maybe my clock is really slow. Or broken.” Kiro said, slightly in a panic.

“Kiro, what’s wrong?” Jiyoung asked. She wasn’t given a direct response but it was enough to make her neck hairs stand on end.

"Remember, child. When the sun goes down, beware. The darker side of things show, and make the kindest man into a beast. He who gives you candy at the shop could be your demise when the moon rises. A warning, never go out after sunset. Never forget." Kiro said, as if recalling a memory. “My grandmother used to tell me that all the time.”

“You’ve heard it too.” She muttered. “My brother used to tell me that too. I always thought he told me that just to spook me. I guess now I know he was being dead serious.”

“This is kind of scaring me.” Kiro muttered. Jiyoung sighed heavily.

“Yeah. I think we should go home and lock the door. Something’s not right.” She said. Kiro nodded and bowed her good-bye. Jiyoung did the same. However, she couldn’t help but think that the sun setting so quickly was the reason why Onew and the other man left so hastily.


Yuri looked out of her living room window. The sky was darkening and the first few stars shone through. She smiled as Silver came up beside her and rubbed herself against Yuri’s legs. She petted the dog.

“Hey, girl. Did you want some food?” Yuri asked. The dog wagged its tail and stuck its tongue as the response. Yuri grinned. She went to the kitchen.

Once Silver was fed, she went back to staring out the window. She couldn’t place what was so different about this time. After all, the full moon was yesterday. That was the day things usually feel all mystical and out-of-place like Yuri’s feeling now.

Unexpectedly, her phone rang. Yuri looked over and contemplated whether or not to pick it up. She finally decided to.

“Hello?”

“Hi, Yuri-sshi!” Ka Ri said rather excitedly on the phone.

“Ka Ri-sshi? What are you doing?” Yuri asked, quite surprised.

“I was wondering what you were doing later. Maybe around 6?” She asked. Yuri looked at the time.

“It’s almost 6 right now!” She exclaimed.

“Oh, I didn’t even notice. Well, I suppose you can still help me.” Ka Ri said.

“What is it, Ka Ri-sshi?” Yuri asked her.

“Do you know the Yang family?” She asked. Yuri thought a little bit.

“It depends on which Yang family we’re talking about. I know a Yang SeungHo.” Yuri told her.

“Yeah, that’s the one. Do you know his family?” Ka Ri exclaimed.

“All I know is that his cousin that was the same age as him died and he has a younger cousin that lives with him.” She told her. “Thunder, his friend, told me.”

“Oh. Okay then. Do you know if Mir would know more?” Ka Ri asked.

“Probably, they are really close friends.” Yuri answered.

“Okay then. Thank you, Yuri-sshi!” Ka Ri said and hung up. Yuri sighed and put the phone back in its cradle. She started playing with Silver after that.

Ka Ri sighed. She got almost nothing out of Yuri. Just the fact that SeungHo’s cousin died. She didn’t even know that and it really surprised her. She got up from where she was sitting.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Her brother asked. Ka Ri held her chin high and straightened her posture.

“Out.” Her single-word response lit an interest in her brother.

“Where?” He asked rather rudely. Ka Ri glared at him and pushed him away.

“Since when did you ever care?” She seethed. He looked down in Ka Ri’s hand and saw she was holding something. A note. His grin was almost evil as he tried to take it from her. Ka Ri immediately moved her hand away from his.

“What are you trying to hide?” He asked mischievously. He tried again only to have Ka Ri dodge him.

“What does it mean to you?” Ka Ri exclaimed. After a rather large dispute between her and her brother, he finally grabbed the note. He opened it up and read it over.

Ka Ri’s poker face was good as her brother’s eye brows furrowed.


So so so so sorry for not updating in the longest time. 

But I hope you like it! It took me a while to write this. Mainly because I'm a procastinator. :3

And thank you so much for making the poster, xforevax! 

I love it! ^-^