Rainbow Ice Cream

When the Sun Goes Down

I feel so bad~ I haven't updated in a week? Six days? A LONG TIME~

Studying's catching up to me and so is my... well, my life. XD

But her's to xforevax's character, Jung Minah!

I kind of morphed your stories into one, okay? :)


Minah did the final touches to her painting. It was an abstract piece, filled with vibrant swirls and bold colours. She decided, a few days back, that she was going to paint what she felt like. It turned out amazing, because she pretty much felt the same way all the time. High spirits, bubbly and bright.

She heard a knock on the door. She washed up and went to go get it. Minah grinned widely once she saw who it was.

“Kevin oppa!” She exclaimed and hugged him. He smiled and hugged her back.

“Minah, where’ve you been hiding?” He asked.

“I was just painting on the balcony.” She explained. Kevin rolled his eyes.

“I mean, where have you been for like… ever?” He asked, a bit more diva-like.

“Studying?” Minah answered, though it sounded more like a question. Kevin shook his head and made a ‘tch’ noise.

“If this is going to work, honey, you can’t be studying all the time.” Kevin answered with a smile. Minah slightly blushed and hugged Kevin again.

“I promise I won’t!” She chirped. Kevin chuckled.

“That’s my girl.” He said.

“Oppa, do you want to see my painting?” Minah asked. Kevin smiled.

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I?” He said cheerily. Minah grabbed his hand and led him to the balcony.

“See? Isn’t it wonderful?” She asked him. Kevin furrowed his brow and concentrated on the painting. Minah frowned. What could he possibly be thinking? Is it not good to him? She started to worry.

Kevin noticed and grinned.

“I love it, Minah! You’re such a good artist!” He exclaimed and bear-hugged her. She let out a groan as she was being squeezed by him. Kevin laughed and put het her down.

“Thanks, oppa. It really means a lot to me.” She thanked him. Kevin’s grin grew wider somehow.

“You’re welcome!” He yelled. “Come on; let’s go get some rainbow ice cream!”

“Rainbow ice cream!” Minah chirped. “That’s so yummy~”

“Well, come on then!” Kevin said. He grabbed her wrist and led her to the door. They walked happily, as any couple should, down the sidewalk. There was an ice cream shop just at the end of Minah’s block, which she was incredibly thankful for.  They always had rainbow ice cream, sometimes just for her.

Once they had their cones, they went out for a walk, hand-in-hand. Most girls gave Minah jealous glares but she just shook them off. Why feel bad about that since they want what she has? It shouldn’t be something to be sad over!

“What are you doing tonight, oppa?” Minah asked sweetly. Kevin furrowed his brow.

“Tonight’s… not a good night…” He hesitated.

“W-why not?” Minah faltered. He sounds so nervous! She didn’t know what to do. Why wouldn’t it be a good night?

“Because. My mom says it’s not good to go out on a full moon.” He explained half-heartedly. “Monsters might come out.”

Minah frowned and hung her head. Why did that… It shouldn’t have… The words that came out of Kevin’s mouth reminded her of her umma. Poor umma, she always said things about monsters in the full moon.

"Remember, child. When the sun goes down, beware. The darker side of things show, and make the kindest man into a beast. He who gives you candy at the shop could be your demise when the moon rises. A warning, never go out after sunset. Never forget."

She sighed. Minah remembered the words crystal clear, as if her umma was saying it to her from a distance.

“Minah, are you okay?” Kevin asked, putting a hand on hers to show comfort. Minah was brought back to reality and nodded.

“Yeah, I was just thinking.” She told him, “So what would be a good night? I was thinking we could go watch a movie.” She smiled cheerily, trying to get rid of her sad thoughts from before.

“How about tomorrow night? We’ll just have to go to the early one, okay?” Kevin suggested. Minah mulled it over in her head. Finally, she agreed. They finished their ice cream together. Kevin walked Minah home.

“Are you sure you can’t do it tonight?” Minah tried again. Kevin smiled.

“No~” He said. “Despite how much I want to… I can’t.” Minah pouted.

“Okay.” She said, cutely sad. Kevin’s smile grew bigger.

“Why do you have to so cute?” He asked and hugged her. “I’m sorry it can’t be tonight.”

“It’s fine. Now I don’t know what to do though.” She said, trying to guilt trip Kevin. He shook his head.

“I know what you’re doing. And it won’t work. Not this time.”

“Aw~ Oppa!~”

“I’m serious, Minah. For your own safety, please stay indoors.” Kevin said, losing his cuteness and playfulness.  All she could do was nod. Kevin kissed her forehead and left with a small, reassuring smile.

She sighed and collapsed onto her couch. Why did Kevin sound so… serious? He usually never does that. She just couldn’t wrap her head around it. It boggled her mind. Kevin’s so free-spirited and happy, what would make him go all… stoic?

Minah really wanted to know. Especially since Kevin was like this every month. It was as if he had a period and had mood swings. She sighed. She decided to look at her calendar. Today… was a full moon. No other special markings were made on the small little box.

She felt like it was a big thing for his mood swings to happen around the full moon. Really, REALLY big. But she couldn’t place why. It was starting to bug her. The one word echoed through her head over and over again.

‘Why?’


One more personal chapter! :D

Then we get to intertwine our stories! Let's see how that goes since I usually do a lot of people... but this time it's only six. :3

Watch me unnis! I can rawr! ^-^ Rawr, rawr, rawr!