Dominance Issues

When the Sun Goes Down

OMO~ Last introductory chapter! :D

This is nikkisolove's character, Lee Jiyoung!

Hope you enjoy! ^0^


“And that ends our class for today.” The professor yelled out so everyone could hear in the lecture room. Immediately, all the students got up to leave. Jiyoung started organizing the notes she took from the lecture. She left the same time as the professor did.

“Miss Lee, I’m glad to see you so involved with your studies.” He complimented.

“Thank you, Professor Kim. I really hope to open a restaurant business and I want to do it correctly.” She told him.

“Well, it’s good to see you trying so hard.” Professor Kim chuckled. “Have a good night, Miss Lee.”

“You too, Professor.” She said with a smile. When the professor was out of ear-shot she muttered, “It looks like you need it more than me.”

She didn’t mean it rottenly. It just really looked like Professor Kim needed a good night. With a woman, especially. He always looks so grouchy during his lectures but he’s really nice, like from just before. Jiyoung knew he favoured the girl students more than the boys, and that only helped prove her point. Professor Kim really needs a nice night with a woman.

She smiled to herself as she walked to her father’s restaurant. As soon as she walked in, she was greeted with the nice chatter of customers and the thick aroma of delicious foods being cooked. Jiyoung sat down and waited for a familiar waiter to serve her.

Once she ordered, she decided to take out her lecture notes. She studied them for a while and highlighted some of the key points. She was still waiting for some food when the door opened quite dramatically.

Joon rushed in, panting but with a huge smile, and looked around. He caught sight of Jiyoung and waved.

“The usual, Joonie?” A rather attractive waitress asked. He nodded but other than that, ignored her.

“Jiyoung-ah! It’s been too long!” He grinned. Jiyoung mirrored his smile and nodded.

“Yeah, it has been! What have you been doing?” She asked loudly. She could barely keep in her excitement. Joon hasn’t been around lately, and they’ve been close friends since high school. Of course she was going to be happy!

“Hard to say one thing specifically.” Joon grinned. “But, mainly, I’ve been hanging out with my ‘wolf pack’ we like to call it,” He made quotations marks with his fingers. Jiyoung grinned.

“And that’s supposed to help you get better at dancing?” She asked with a smirk.

“No… But my life took a turn and I ended up not being able to go to a dancing university.” He explained with a slight gloomy tone.

“Aww~ It’ll be okay, just be happy with what you have to do, okay?” She smiled her reassurance. Joon sighed.

“It’s kind of hard to do that at the moment…” He mumbled. “Especially since our ‘wolf pack’ is going through some dominance issues.”

Jiyoung couldn’t help but laugh at that. It sounded so typical. Boys going through dominance issues.

“What happened this time?” She asked.

“We’re having trouble accepting the intrusion of… bottom feeders that are going to brew up a storm on our territory.” He explained, all in what seemed like guy code. Jiyoung nodded, trying to understand what is being said. What she got from it was ‘There are a bunch of no-good players trying to pick up our crushes’. She hoped that she was right.

“Well, show them that you’re the boss, Joon. Having dominance issues is natural and since it’s your ‘territory’,” Jiyoung made quotation marks with her fingers, “You should show them that you can’t mess around with you and your wolf pack.”

“You’re right.” Joon said his face thoughtful. “It’s going to be way harder than it sounds though.”

“So?” was her simple question. Joon chuckled and shook his head.

“You’re a great friend, Jiyoung-ah!” He exclaimed. The same waitress from before showed up with Joon’s meal and winked at him. He didn’t seem to take notice. He was staring straight at the food. Jiyoung saw the waitress’ disappointment as she walked off.

“That’s not fair! You arrived before me and yet, your meal is ready before mine!” She exclaimed and pointed at his dish. Joon smirked.

“That just shows who the better customer is.” He said cockily. Jiyoung rolled her eyes.

“It’s just because that waitress over there has a crush on you.” She glared at him.

“Oh, jealous now, aren’t we?” Joon crooned. Jiyoung’s glare worsened.

“Lee Joon, take that back!” She exclaimed.

“No! Because you know it’s true!” He grinned. Jiyoung shook her head.

“That is not true! I’m not jealous and I’ll prove it!” She stuck her tongue out at him.

“How?” He said, satisfied with the new dare. She thought for a moment.

“… I’ll go on a date with someone I really happen to like.” She smiled with a hint of mischief. Joon stopped eating and stood straight up.

“And who is that?” Joon sounded really defensive. Jiyoung loved it.

“His name’s Onew.” She chirped happily.

“What about me?” A handsome waiter asked. He was holding Jiyoung’s meal and set it down before her.

“I was just talking to my friend about you. How you’re such a good waiter and my dad should really pay you more.” She explained happily. Onew smiled sheepishly.

“Thank you, Jiyoung-sshi.” He said and bowed to her. Incidentally, he knocked over her drink when he bowed and it got all over Jiyoung. Joon got up immediately and glared at Onew.

“Look at what you did! You got Jiyoung-ah all dirty!” He yelled at the waiter. Onew was constantly apologizing as he wiped up the liquid that was on the table. Jiyoung was giggling. Onew was too cute sometimes.

“It’s okay. I was just planning on going home after this, Onew.” She told him.

“I’ll get you a free drink. I’ll get the ahjusshi to take it out of my paycheck.” Onew suggested. Jiyoung smiled and shook her head.

“It’s alright, Onew. I’ll just order another one.” She said, putting her hand on his arm. “Really, I’m fine.”

“I’m so sorry though, Jiyoung-sshi.” He said, clearly still upset. Joon ate his food rather unhappily.

“Do you really want to make it up to me?” She asked him. Onew nodded childishly. She grinned. “Take me to the movies tomorrow night.”

Joon stopped eating and looked at Jiyoung with a dumbfounded face. Onew blushed and nodded.

“A-all right, Jiyoung-sshi.” He stammered before clumsily heading back to the kitchen. Joon had a poker face on. When he spoke, he had no emotion in his voice.

“I guess you really aren’t jealous then.”

“Nope! And I’m going to have fun tomorrow.” She grinned and started eating. Joon abruptly got up. “Where you are going, Joon?”

“I’m suddenly not hungry.” He gave Jiyoung enough money to pay for his meal. “I’ll talk to you later. And make sure you stay inside. It’s a full moon tonight.”

“I know, Joon. I’ll make sure.” She called after him as he left. Jiyoung sighed heavily. So she wasn’t allowed to be disappointed at Joon taking advantage of people liking him, but when it came to Jiyoung asking someone else out, he was allowed to throw a dominance fit and leave? She groaned as she jabbed her fork into her meal.

Boys and their dominance issues. She’ll never get them.


I hate when boys have 'dominance issues'. My best guy friend comes to me al lthe time and tries to get me to help him but I. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Joon's jealous of Onew? :O

WOAH~ :3

Watch me unnis! I can rawr! ^-^ Rawr, rawr, rawr!