What About Grandmother?

My One Year Deal

*Seung HaNeul POV*

 

They ordered a large pot of different seafood in boiling broth for us all to share and we dug in when it arrived. Everyone had wine except me, I had water. I began to become comfortable half way through the dinner WooBin Sunbae told us about his drama’s ending and his new movie. JiAhn Sunbae told us about her activities and JongHyun told us about his activites and music video he is in as well. I sat back laughing at their jokes and stories they told, finishing our meal. JiAhn Sunbae joined in on the story telling, talking about WooBin Sunbae. Looking more closely at the way they interacted. Everyone was so natural with each other and WooBin and JiAha Sunbaes were so sweet to each other. JongHyun Oppa tried to imitate them with me but SooHyuk stopped him. They asked me how mean SooHyuk was to me and laughed at his reaction. JongHyung asked me if I knew any other models.

“Ani, I only just go into the country so I don’t know anyone besides who SooHyuk introduced me to.”

“Who do you know?”

“Only WooBin Sunbae, JiAhn Sunbae, and JongHyun Oppa. Maybe one or two Sunbaes from the company that I just met today but that’s it.”

 “Wow~ you seem to be in any girl’s paradise,” JiAhn laughed. “HaNeul you should come shopping with me in Apgujeong. A girl’s day without all these men always hanging around.”

“Oh, Sunbae, I would love to,” I smiled.

“HaNeul call me Unni.” JiAhn insisted. WooBin Sunbae smiled at her warm attitude. I looked at JongHyun and he wiggled his eyebrows at them.  

I glanced over at SooHyuk and he smiled at me before look at his watch.

"It's getting late and we should be going. We have a schedule in the morning." Everyone nodded knowingly and we all stood up. I dug in my bag for my wallet but SooHyuk's hand stopped me. "Let us pay," he nodded to WooBin and JongHyun, who were already pulling out their wallets.

"Are you sure?"

"Ne, we're your Sunbaes so let us treat you this time." They put the money down on to the table. "Beside we have a Top Star here with us so don't worry," SooHyuk whispered loud enough for WooBin to hear. We laughed at the face he made while gathering our belongings. We all walked down the low ceiling stairs and out the door. Once again the freezing air hits me and I immediately start to shiver. They all looked around intensely, sunglasses in hand, before doing anything. They all nodded to each other then, JiAhn attached herself to WooBin Sunbae’s arm, shivering a little as well. JongHyun Oppa tried to do the same with SooHyuk but he swatted him away. I laughed at their actions as we walked to the parking spaces.

“It was nice meeting you HaNeul~” JiAhn Unnie and WooBin Sunbae said.

“Ne, it was nice meeting you too~” I bowed.

They both hugged SooHyuk and JongHyun Oppa before walking off to the large car to the far right of the parking lot. A dark tinted van pulled into the parking lot and stopped a few yards away. “Well that’s me,” JongHyun Oppa nodded towards the van.

“Annyeonghi gaseyo Oppa,” JongHyun Oppa smiled and hugged me.

“Annyeonghi gyeseyo HaNeul,” he turned to SooHyuk and hugged him. “Annyeonghi gyeseyo Hyung.” He headed to the van waiting for him. “I’ll see you guys tomorrow.” He climbed into his van sliding the door behind him.

“Hm? Tomorrow?” I looked at SooHyuk as we walked to his car. “Does he have the same schedule as you?”

“Hm. We have the same schedule as him. We need to meet our stylish this week and so do you.” He unlocked the car and we climbed in.

“Your stylish styles for women?” I buckled my seatbelt as he the car, blasting the heat and warming up the car.

“He has to now.” SooHyuk grinned and slowly drove out of the parking space.

“What’s your schedule tomorrow?” We pulled out of the parking lot and to the damp street.

“I have a photo shoot and you have to come.”

“Why?”

“So you can learn how professional models are on set.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that first photo shoot we had was very stiff and awkward.” I blushed at the embarrassment of it.

“Well it could have been more natural if you trying to be so mysterious saving me then disappearing and reappearing shirtless!” I argued, staring out the window. My face feels hot… It’s the heat.

“HaNeul you aren’t going to know who the models are going to work with,” he stopped at a red light. Barely anyone was on the street besides a couple of cars and on or two people walking. “We aren’t always going to be modeling together.”

“I know.” I watched a high school boy walking out of a store with a bag.

“Only until your contract ends.” The light flashes to green and the car accelerates passing by the boy in the uniform.

“I know.” I feel SooHyuk’s eyes on me but I don’t turn to look at him. The rest of the ride home was silent.

It had begun to rain again, harder than before, when we ran inside the lobby and into the elevator. We slipped off our wet shoes and shed our wet coats. My damp pants stuck to my thighs as walked. We were silent as we shuffled around the apartment. Only the sounds rain drops hitting the building and water running along the drain outside, and my occasional teeth chattering together from the cold could be heard. SooHyuk put on a pot of water as I gathered my pajamas and stared the shower. The water was as hot as I could stand and instantly stopped my shivering. “Until my contract is over,” I whispered.

I rinsed off and pulled the curtain unveiling the steamy mirrors. Outside the cold air hit me making me wrap myself in my towel, quickly drying and changing into sweats, a long sleeve and a dinosaur hoodie.

SooHyuk was downstairs watching the news when I came down. “You can use the shower now,” I said plugging in my blow drier. He got up and stared at me for a moment too long then headed up stairs. I heard the water start and I switched on the blow drier. I went through my missed calls as I dried my hair. One from Umma, one my manager, one from my Oppa, and one from my Halmeoni. Oh . I stopped the blow drier and listened to my Umma’s voice mail.

“Hello HaNeul~” It’s Umma. I wasnted to talk to you but Ii guess you have a schedule. Your Oppa will call you later so at least answer his call, alright? Annyeong~” My voice mail talked for a few seconds before going on to the next message.

“HaNeul, I hope SooHyuk already told you about your schedule. I’ll be there to pick you up early since the drive is long. Annyeong~ And don’t sleep in the same bed together!”

Againn the voice mail spoke then, “HaNeul~~ It’s Oppa! You don’t answer your phone to Umma then to me? Are you that busy? Call me back as soon as you can. It’s about Halmeoni. Annyeong~”

The last voice mail played, “HaNeul, it is Halmeoni. Call me tomorrow morning. It is important. Jal jja~”  

Omo. How could they all call? What do they want? I’ll call Oppa first. Everyone else is probably sleeping. He should be awake right now. I dialed his number and it rung a couple of times before he picked up.

“Yebosayo?”

“Oppa~”

“HaNeul! You got my message?”

“Ye~” I hear the water turn off upstairs. “What did you want to talk to me about? Halmeoni?”

“Oh, I’m feeling well thank you for asking wonderful dongsaeng.” I heard his sarcasm as he completely ignored what I just said.

“Ah, Oppa I’m glad to hear that! I was so worried about your health,” I played along. “Now I’m relieved you can study even harder to be the head of a large corporation.”

“Ah, ye~”

“Oppa, seriously what happen with Halmeoni? And what did Umma want?”

“Well since you asked so nicely.”

“Oppa!”

“Ah, alright, alright.” I heard him sigh then a little shuffling on the other side and I turned down the volume on the TV. “Halmeoni wants me to come stay with her over my break.”

“In Korea?”

“Mm. That’s where she lives.”

“Does she want me to stay with her too?”

“Mhm. I think she wants you there too, but you have your contract.”

“Ye, I can’t just ask for a vacation when I haven’t even been here for a month. I’m still only a trainee!”

“I know, I know. Don’t yell.”

“What will my manager say? What will my mentor say?”

“How is your mentor? Is she as tall and thin as you?”

“Oppa, Umma hasn’t told you?”

“Told me what?”

“About my mentor. My mentor isn’t a ‘she’ it’s a ‘he.’”

“What?”

“My mentor is a guy. He’s a male model.”

“And you are living with him?”

“Ne. That’s what the company planned.”

“And you’re not complaining? What about your manager? What is he doing about this?”

“He arranged it and I can’t really do anything.” On the news a reporter talked about a new idol show.

“Do you get your own room at least?!”

“Ye. We are moving soon so he’ll have his own room too.”

“Ah, I still don’t like this.”

“I know you won’t but just don’t tell Appa. Uumma already promised not to so you have to promise too!”

“Alright, I won’t say anything.”

“Not to Halmeoni either!”

“Of course! Do I want to see you disowned? She’s way too traditional and strict.”

“Alright, good. When are you flying in? Do you want me to pick you up?”

“At the end of this week. Halmeoni already booked me a flight before asking. She said she’ll send a car for me since she’ll be working, but you can come pick me up if you’re not busy.”

“I don’t know if I am. I’ll ask my manager tomorrow and tell you.”

“Alright, do to bed and make sure to protect yourself from that flower boy.”

“How do you know he’s a flower boy?”

“Aren’t all these male models flower boys?”

“Maybe but you’re a flower boy too!”

“Of course I am and you are the nation’s angel.”

“Eh~ How did you know?”

“Go.”

“Ye~ Jal jja Oppa~”

“Jal jja dongseang~” I hang up and glanced up to see SooHyuk standing on the bottom steps, his hair still dripping on to the towel draped around his shoulders.

His eyes scanned my face before asking, “Boyfriend?”

“No, Oppa.”

“He’s flying in?”

“Mm, from Tokyo. I want to pick him up but I don’t know if we’ll have a schedule.”

“Mhm~ Ask tomorrow.”

“Ne~”

“Cute hoodie,” he moved closer to play with one of the spikes on back.

 “Are you trying to make fun of me?” I glared at his movements.

“Anyi, I really like it.”

“Mhm,” I got up to turn off the TV, slipping away from his fingers.

“Still lying to your family about me?”  SooHyuk walked into the kitchen pouring himself water.

“Only that we sleep in different beds.”

He took a slip of water, “So they are alright with me being a male model?”

“Mm~”

“And that you are a young woman living with me all alone?”

“Mm…”

“And you are along with me in Korea besides for your Halmeoni?”

“Well my Oppa is coming for a few weeks.”

“How old is your Oppa?”

“He’s the same age as you.”

“Ah,” he placed his mug down and strolled to the staircase. “You are so respectful to him but you are so casual with me.”

“What?! You told me to be causal with you! You even told me not to call you Oppa!”

SooHyuk turned towards me smirking, “Last one up turns all the lights off.”

He likes to mess with me.

After I made sure everything was off I slowly walked up to the second floor where SooHyuk was already comfortably in bed. In the dark I found my way to the bed and slid in next to him. Immediately his arms pulled me towards him and I attached myself to his warm body. I placed my head below his on the pillow and released a deep sigh.

“SooHyuk,” I closed my eyes and breathed in his clean scent.

“Ye?”

“You’re a good cuddler,” I whispered.

“Komawo,” I could hear his smirk. “Jal jja HaNeul.”

“Jal jja, Oppa.” Instantly SooHyuk stiffened. I grinned at his reaction before falling sleep. 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am back from being a lazy piece of poop. Now that summer is here I WILL be updating regularly even if it is a little I will post something for you all. I am really for my long absence. Please accept this chapter as a beginning of an apology.