Christmas Special

My One Year Deal

Author's Note: This chapter will not  go by the original story line of My One Year Deal. It is purely a Christmas special. 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

"I’m sorry, SooHyuk. I can’t help myself," I whispered through the door.

"HaNeul! Open the door!"

"I'm sorry!" I screamed and screamed until my lungs had no more air in them and my screams slowly died out, being replaced with sobs, as I sunk to the ground. I could feel him pounding on the door, yelling at me to open it.

 

 

I stood by the curb for five minutes, the cars racing by creating a cold wind, whipping the ends of my trench coat around me knees, before he came out looking for me. “HaNeul, what are you doing?” He asked tightening his scarf around his neck.

"What does it look like?" My breath coming out in clouds in front of me.

"You can’t leave yet, the party isn’t even half over," he reasoned, pulling me away from the street. I let him lead me to the front of the building before stopping, pulling my arm out of his grip.

"I’m not going back to the party, SooHyuk," my hand tighten around my clutch. "I’m not feeling well and you keep ignoring me whenever I tried to tell you." SooHyuk looked at me, confusion clearly written on his porcelain face. I sighed running my gloved hand through my hair.

"You didn’t tell me you were feeling ill?" He placed the back of his hand on my forehead trying to feel my temperature through his leather gloves.

"I tried to tell you but you wouldn’t listen," I stepped away from his hand, leaving it hanging there for a few seconds before it fell back down to his side. "So I told JongHyun to tell you I’m leaving."

"How were you going to get home, hm," his voice raising with every question. "By taxi? Who was going to pay for it? I know you didn’t bring any money."

"Yes, by taxi!" Other guest from the party looked up startled from our loud voices. "How else would I get home? Everyone in there is too drunk to drive me and you obviously weren’t going to do it!" I yelled.

"Oh yeah?!"

"Yeah! Now go back to your party, because I’m going home!" I started back to the street.

"Yah! You’re not going back by yourself!" I heard his footsteps jogging towards me before I was whipped around and pulled into his chest. "Yah, I told you, you’re not going home by yourself," he said into my hair. I would have stood there, in his arms, for a little bit longer if I was freezing in the short red designer dress, I had requested especially for tonight. My body shock every few seconds and I just wanted to get home.

"Then let go and drive me," I mumbled into his chest and pulled, away missing the warm from his body. SooHyuk lead me to his car after going back in to get the rest of his things and tell JongHyun we were leaving. Inside his car he blasted the heat but even in my leather gloves my hands were still cold. The street lights flashed light into the dark car showing glimpses of the interior. My body still shock in my seat, heat hitting me from every angle. SooHyuk reached behind him into the back seat, while still keeping his eyes on the road, and pulled out a knitted blanket. He placed it on my lap, glancing between me and the road. I smiled to myself, wrapping my legs in the blanket. Looking at SooHyuk his face must have matched mine, pale with hints of pink from the cold. 

In several minutes we were at our door. He pressed a few buttons into the keypad unlocking the studio apartment door with an approved beep. We both shuffled in tired from the cold weather and the tension from the Christmas party. I peeled off my layers of clothing, leaving them on the floor as I walked through the apartment, ahead of SooHyuk, until I left only with my dress. I looked behind me, SooHyuk doing the same, until he was left with just his pants and an ed shirt. I stared at him, mesmerizing his vampire figures. “Hmm?” He asked walking through the apartment to get a bottle of water.

"Nothing… Just I’m so tired and the fight," I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "And you still look like a ing porcelain doll." He stared at me from the kitchen, before slowly walking over, keeping eye contact.

"I’m not the only one that looks porcelain," his thumb rubbed ly against my arm. "You look so beautiful tonight. Everyone wouldn’t stop talking about you. You would have noticed if you were feeling better."

"I’m sorry," I breathed. "I didn’t mean to ruin your night." I turned away, fixing an already straight vase. "I just wasn’t feeling good."

"Was it dinner?" I could feel him hovering over me.

"No, dinner was fine."

His voice shifted, “Your plate would have told a different story.”

I turned around startled, “What are you keeping track of my food again?”

"I wouldn’t have to if you didn’t bottle everything up. Stop punishing yourself. You look beautiful to me."

"I don’t feel beautiful. And I don’t mean to it just…. it just happens. It’s a reaction for me now." 

"Let me help you again," he reached out for my hand, interlocking our fingers. "I don’t want to see you hurting anymore." He kissed the back of my hand. All I could do is look at him with teary eyes and smile, before felt a familiar turn in my stomach. I squeezed his hand then slipped mine out of his.

"I’m sorry," I rushed to the bathroom, locking the door behind me. I heard quick footsteps following me when he realized what I meant.

"HaNeul, don’t. HaNeul," he yelled through the door but it was too late. My body naturally positioned me on the floor in front of the toilet bowl. "HaNeul you are stronger than this!" Every heave brought burning in my throat and more tears to my eyes. I gagged a few times when nothing else would come out then wiped my mouth and flushed. SooHyuk stopped banging on the door as he listened to my movements in the bathroom. "HaNeul....HaNeul?" I didn't answer but instead rinsed my mouth out with water from the faucet. In the mirror my face was pale and sick looking. I splashed cold water on my face but it didn't help. And the tears were still coming. I moved towards the door listening to SooHyuk breathing. "HaNeul....open up for me."

"I’m sorry, SooHyuk. I can’t help myself," I whispered through the door.

"HaNeul! Open the door!"

"I'm sorry!" I screamed and screamed until my lungs had no more air in them and my screams slowly died out, being replaced with sobs, as I sunk to the ground. I could feel him pounding on the door, yelling at me to open it.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

I'm putting this up right now because I don't know if I will have time tomorrow. In that case an early present from me! It's short but it's only a Christmas special and I might use this for a future chapter so don't be surprised if you see it later on. I hope everyone is having a lovely holidays for those of you that celebrate and for those of you that don't just have a good day.