I Want To Help

My One Year Deal

 

*Seung HaNeul's POV* 

 

 "SooHyuk Hyung!" the handsome man greeted SooHyuk warmly. He looked about my age and almost as pale as SooHyuk. He carried a few shopping bags as well and dressed in boyish style. He placed one hand on SooHyuk's shoulder, showing off his pearly white teeth. SooHyuk stood up, face lighting up when he saw who had called him, and they both gave each other a man hug. SooHyuk looked at me quickly, his eyes telling me he won't forget to get my answer. I stood up waiting patiently as they talked.

"JongHyung, this is my apprentice, Seung HanEul," SooHyuk introduced me. "HanEul this is one of my good friends Hong JongHyun."

"Mannaseo bangapseumnida," I bowed.

"Mannaseo bangapseuminda," JongHyung returned my bow.

"Please sit down," I suggested, gesturing to the chair to my right.

"Aniyo," JongHyung shook his head. "I don't want to intrude."

"Aniyo! You aren't intruding. Sit down," I suggested.

"Ye, I think you can brighten the mood," SooHyuk stared at me while he said this. I averted my eyes and looked at the rings on JongHyun's fingers.

"Ah, arasseo," he pulled out a chair and sat down, placing his bags next to his chair. I sat after SooHyuk took his seat. "You guys must have been shopping all day," JongHyun gestured towards the group of shopping bags under our table.

"Oh nae..." I answered embarrassed and JongHyun smiled. "Um, Hong JongHyun, what do you do?" I tried changing the subject.

"I am a model and actor just like SooHyuk Hyung," he smiled while he talked.

"Oh, so you are my Sunbae," I switched to formal speech.

"Ah, but you don't have to address me as Sunbae outside of work," he laughed nervously.

"Ah, ye," SooHyuk bud in. "That's right you both are the same age, so speak comfortable."

"Ye~" JongHyung and I sung.

"So what do you want me to address you as?"

"When is your birthday?"

"10 June 1990."

"Mine is 7 January."

"JongHyun Oppa then?" I smiled warmly and JongHyun returned my smile.

"What's with that face?" SooHyuk interrupted, eyebrows knit together.

"What face?" I asked turning my attention back to SooHyuk.

"The face you made when you call JongHyun 'Oppa.'"

"I don't know what you are talking about. I made a normal face, right?" I turned to JongHyun for backup. He nodded in agreement looking amused.

"Hyung, I'm going to go. I have an appointment to keep," JongHyun stood up gathering his bags. "It was nice meeting you, HaNeul," he bowed.

"Ye, it was nice meeting you, JongHyung Oppa," I bowed.

"You don't have to leave so early," SooHyuk stood giving JongHyun a hug.

"Ah, I think I should leave now and let you guys continue that serious conversation you were having before I interrupted," he winked. "Hyung, I'll see you tomorrow probably."

"Arasseo. Annyeong."

"Annyeong~" I waved.

"Annyeong," JongHyun waved, opening the coffee house door. The bell rung over his head and sounds of tires on wet pavement entered the store through the door for a couple of second before it was silenced by the glass door. I turned back to our table and met SooHyuk's eyes digging into mine.

"What should we eat?" he asked watching my face carefully. I tried to remain calm as I answered him, but my heart was once again pounding in my chest.

"Whatever you want is fine."

"Alright, let’s just share a piece of apple pie," he smiled warmly and got up to buy it. Once he was out of hearing range I let out a large sigh. I looked down at my hands in my lap and they were lightly shaking.

I thought I was over this... Before a could think up an answer to his questions SooHyuk was back with a saucer with one apple turnover on it and two forks. He place the saucer between us and handed me a fork. SooHyuk's eyes never leaving mine.

"Go ahead and have the first bite. I don't mind," SooHyuk pushed the plate towards me.

"Komawo." I took a piece from the end and put it in my mouth chewing then swallowing. SooHyuk's eyes following my mouth. "It's good."

"Good, eat some more."

"Aren't you having any?"

"I will, I just think you should eat first," his mouth smiled but his eyes were dead serious. I ate the turnover feeling SooHyuk's eyes never leaving me. "Would you like another one?"

"Aniyo, I can't eat so much sweets or my face will be swollen in the morning." I pushed the saucer away and got up. "We should be going now. Manager Oppa is probably waiting for me to tell him I'm home," I grabbed my bags and my cold hot chocolate and headed for the door.

Outside it was raining much more heavy and I stood under the coffee house roof to keep dry as I took my phone from my bag and called a taxi. A minute after SooHyuk finally came outside, serious eyes watching me as we stood waiting. Stop trying to see through me. We waited in complete silence, drinking from our cups every once in a while until the taxi arrived. I hurried to its door trying not to get wet but I had too many bags in my hands. Struggling for a few seconds SooHyuk came up from behind me and easily opened it while trying to block the rain from me. I nodded not looking at him and entered, scooting all the way to the left in the back seat to make room for him. Please be a fast ride.

 

*Lee SooHyuk POV*

 

 HaNeul crawled into the back of the taxi like her life depended on it. This is going to be harder than I thought. I climbed in after her placing my bags on the floor and seat between HaNeul and me. Looking over to her she was sitting as close to the door as possible not even looking anywhere but out the window. I shook my head and told the driver where to go. The drive was long from the slick streets and silent so I took the chance to text my manager we were heading home. I kept glancing sideways at HanNeul to see if she had calmed down from my abrupt conversation. She was still a little shaken but that might be from the winter’s cold air. We finally stopped in front of our apartment building and got out. HaNeul practically ran for shelter by the door as I stayed behind paying the taxi driver. I jogged over as soon as I got a receipt. We entered the lobby together and rode the elevator in silence, HaNeul staying a good distance away from me. I exited first, HaNeul trailing behind me, and dug the front door keys from my pants pocket and unlocked to door.

Inside was the apartment was just as cold as outside and just as dark. I kicked off my shoes leaving HaNeul to close and lock the door behind her. I went through turning on lights and put the tea kettle on for some tea, then took off my jacket. In the living room were our groceries our managers must have brought here after they got tired of looking for us. HaNeul tried to sneak up the stairs but only got half way before I called to her. “Seung HaNeul,” she froze mid-step, her hands full of shopping bags and her bag still on her shoulder.

“Mhm?” She slowly turned her head towards me. Her face neutral but her eyes full of fear.

“We need to talk about you.”

“I’m not feeling well so I’m going to go to bed. We can talk later.” She continued up the stairs.

“I’m sure you are,” I sighed running a hand through my hair. “You can’t run way from this talk. It is either tonight or tomorrow morning with the company.” HaNeul stopped immediately turning towards me.

“You can’t.” her voice shook with fear.

“Then talk to me. Now. Are you back to it?”

“No…”

“Then what about today?”

“Today was a mistake. I honestly had forgotten to eat… With the yelling with our managers and the escaping and shopping all day it slipped my mind.”

“Why were you so hesitant to eat when we were at the coffee shop?”

“I don’t like eating under pressure… And I was afraid you had told the agency.”

“Do they know?”

“No. Their policies is to report it if I had it when I entered but I haven’t for two years.” Her eyes were glued to the floor in front of her feet. She looked like her clothes were too heavy, pulling her towards the ground.

“How did it start?” I asked quietly, after a while.

“I-I always had a habit of not eating all day until dinner then stuff myself. Sometimes though I wouldn’t like dinner so I wouldn’t eat until the next night. It became a habit… Then I saw I had gone down a dress size and people were giving me compliments of how skinny I looked. But of course I knew I had to eat sometimes so I would begin eating none stop for a day then not eating for a couple of days. This went on for a year until I ended up eating twice a week at the most. But,” she let out a shaky breath. “But then I collapsed one day at school. “They uh, took me to the hospital and told my parents everything. That I had collapsed from dehydration and starvation. That I hadn’t been eating for days and it was obvious I had an eating disorder.” The tea kettle screamed from behind me and I quickly took it off then turned back to HaNeul.   

My Appa wouldn’t look at me for a week from the embarrassment I had caused him. 'How would a daughter of mine bring such shame on the family and have an eating disorder?' My Umma wouldn’t stop looking at me like I was going to collapse again. She wouldn’t leave me until I ate all my food every meal. And my Oppa had to fly in from Japan that night at my mother’s calling. He was nearly as mad as my father. It took a year for their eyes to not be full of shame.

When I wanted to become a model my Appa wouldn’t hear of it. He thought it would trigger ED again. He wouldn’t even discuss it until I had nearly signed the contract with the company and had hired my manager. He only let me come to Korea if I signed a contract with him also. If I don’t succeed in a year then he would fly to Korea himself and bring me back home, where I would be forced to take my Umma’s old position at his company, while my brother in heirs it. I don’t want to have an office job. I don’t want that! So please don’t tell the agency. I swear I hadn’t relapsed. Please SooHyuk…” Her tears ran down her now pink face. Her watery eyes begging me, not to tell. My chest tightened at the sight of this beautiful crying girl in front of me I slowly walked towards HaNeul ad took her in my arms, holding her tight against my chest. “Please…” She grabbed two handfuls of my shirt as her body shook with sobs. I lowered us both to the floor when I felt her legs give out.

“I’m promise not to tell the company if you promise to stay healthy.” HaNeul nodded in agreement into my chest and I felt her tears soak through my shirt. We stayed like that for hours, in the middle of the floor, me holding HaNeul tight against me even after her body stopped shaking and only hiccups came from her and even after until she had fallen asleep in my arms. “HaNeul,” I whispered into her ear. “Minahae…” 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

 

Mianhamnida I have been away for so long. SATs and AP have been destorying me plus I was having writer's block. I have to be in a certain almost sad mood to write this story but I have been overly excited in my free time, so nothing came to mind but now that it is fall the ideas should be coming. Again short chapter and I am sorry for this. Feel free to hate me for it I deserve it.

Just for extra feels: 

image