6 - it's gotta be done

Lost and Found

JIHWAE'S POV

It had been about two weeks since Taemin started living with us. By now, he and JongHyun were a bit more warmer to each other. Even Key seemed to like him - you could tell because he always babies the people he likes...

I mean, I'd seen Key fuss over my oppa many times. Anyway, today was a Friday and I was sitting in my room with Onew Oppa and Taemin Oppa ( ever since he met Onew Oppa, Taemin Oppa never leaves me alone with him... ) doing a math problem.

Taemin was also doing work, but it was English. Onew insisted he at least get tutored, too, if he was going to sit around with us. With no extra cost and being a mother, my umma urged the idea. Taemin took it all in a stride and agreed. I was sort of happy, I hadn't had anyone to suffer in school with and now I could talk to Taemin along with Onew.

"Aish, I don't understand this Oppa. Do I have to do this one..?" I asked, staring at the problem joylessly.

"JiHwae-yah, it's the only word problem on there. I know they aren't your strong point, but you have to do them." He told me softly, his smile making me feel so at ease. He reached over, taking my pencil from my hand and began showing me step by step.

Yes, I do have a crush on my teacher, but it's not like it's a big deal, right? I blinked as Taemin suddenly asked, "Hyung, how do you say this?" Onew Oppa, who was halfway done teaching me said,

"I'll be right with you, Taeminnie. Can you do the rest on your own, JiHwae-yah?" I nodded, thanking him as he walked to where Taemin was sprawled out on the floor.

The lesson went on for another hour before Onew Oppa started getting ready to leave. After assigning us some short weekend homework, he started gathering his things, only to clumsily trip on the last step and drop it all along with knocking over a vase.

He picked up the unbroken vase and put it back. "Oops, sorry." He laughed as Taemin and I began helping him. JongHyun Oppa and Key Oppa, hearing the noise came out of JongHyun's room hurriedly, my mother asking from her bedroom tht she had been restrained to staying in due to her poor health lately, "is everything ok?"

"Neh, umma, everything is...." I looked down at the papers in my hand and stared at the picture at the  top. It was of Onew Oppa and another girl on a summer afternoon with his arms wrapped around her and smiles on their faces. Suddenly, i felt my heart sink.

"Thanks, JiHwae-yah." Onew said gratefully after collecting the rest from Taemin Oppa. I didn't give it back to him yet, looking at the picture some more before asking,

"Who's this, Oppa?" Please, don't be what I think this is.

Onew blinked and looked at the picture as he took the things from my hands. He smiled and laughed nervously a little, saying, "She's just a friend." My mother, who had somehow overheard from her room said,

"Oh, Onew, you have a girlfriend?" He blushed a little and laughed. Taemin jumped in, asking,

"Is she, hyung? She's look like your type." He joked and Onew smiled.

"Aigoo, what am I gonna do here? Haha."

"I was waiting for you to finally hook up, Onew hyung. Good luck~" JongHyun and Key, who had gotten a bit bored apparently, retreated back in Oppa's room to do...whatever it was they were doing. I hoped Taemin washed his sheets before sleeping in Oppa's room again. Ew~

"Is she, Oppa?" I inquired further, wanting to know so badly. I prayed it wasn't true.

Onew, to my dismay and sadness, nodded enthusiastically. "She is. Her name is EunSun and she's the most wonderful girl I've ever met." He looked fondly at the picture of him with her and I knew he was in love. I'd seen it when my mother looked at my father or when JongHyun Oppa looked at Key Oppa. Why couldn't Oppa look at me that way....?

I could practically feel my heart tearing itself apart. "Oh...S-She seems amazing, Oppa." I smiled, disguising my feelings. "I'm so happy you found someone! I wish I could meet her!" What a lie. I didn't want to meet her. But I did want Onew Oppa to be happy.

"Maybe I can bring her along next time then! I really would like you to meet her, too. All of you~ Burt for now, I have to get outta here. My fried chicken awaits~ Bye, JiHwae-yah." He grinned. I nodded and Taemin and him talked about her all the way to the front door. I quietly tagged along, staying behind them some so they didn't know I was  still following.

"How long have you been dating, hyung?"

"About a year, actually....I'm thinking of asking her to marry me." Was he serious?

Taemin seemed just as surprised. "Really? That's awesome, hyung! I hope she says yes~"

"I hope so, too. I can't imagine myself with anyone else other then EunSun..."

I couldn't take listening to Onew Oppa talk so fondly about this woman anymore, so I started walking back to my room. I sat on my bed, organizing my homework just to try and distract myself. I heard the door open and Taemin came in like he usually like to do after lessons.

"What's wrong?" He asked and I felt a bit annoyed by him.

"Don't ask me that, you know what's wrong. You know I like Onew Oppa...." I said, glaring from him to my papers.

"Well, yeah, but why does it seem like you're getting mad at me?" He asked, not in an angry way, but in a concerned way. I shook my head and looked back at him. I didn't know why I was getting mad at him. It was unfair of me to be angry at this sweet Oppa. But I found I was too hurt to think straight.

"If you knew I liked him, why did you have to get him talking about his girlfriend like that? Don't you know that it hurt me to hear him say those things? I want Oppa to be happy, sure, but you didn't have to have him rub it in my face!" I could feel the tears beginning to form and they stung at my eyes, blurring my eyesight til they overflowed. I shook my head again, biting my lip as I couldn't help but bury my face into my sleeves.

It felt like someone was squeezing my heart then chopping it up as I began to sob. I felt warmth envelope me and I accepted it. I openly wept into Taemin's chest as he pulled me into a comforting hug and said, "I'm sorry, JiHwae...I didn't mean to hurt you. It was just...Onew hyung seemed so happy." He couldn't seem to find anything else to say that might have made me feel better, but I began to calm down as he the back of my neck gently.

I finally found the voice to speak again and said against his chest, "No...I;m sorry for yelling at you. You didn't do anything wrong....It's all my fault anyway." I said, pushing myself away from him. He blinked and looked at me, his hand swiping tears from cheeks as he pulled his legs up on my bed.

"Huh? How is it your fault, weirdo?" I smiled a little at his comment and hit him lightly with one of my pillows.

"I didn't tell Onew Oppa how I felt. I mean, I guess I couldn't anyway because he's my teacher and it'd be awkward..." I sighed, playing with my hair. "But now I sort of regret not being able to say anything..."

TAEMIN'S POV
"I didn't tell Onew Oppa how I felt. I mean, I guess I couldn't anyway because he's my teacher and it'd be awkward..." Yes, it's good you didn't tell, otherwise this Oppa would lose his chance. "But now I sort of regret not being able to say anything..."

I blinked as I hugged the pillow she threw at me earlier. She had a point...I didn't want to make that mistake either, but I didn't want to spring my sudden rush of feelings about her so soon. I had a feeling she wouldn't respond to them the way I wanted at the moment. However, despite how I hated seeing her sad and hurt by Onew hyung's news, I found this as a perfect way to show her I can be there for her, I can be the one to make her feel better, I'm the one she should be so fond of.

"There's only one thing a girl should do after being hurt like this." I told her, smirking. She raised a brow and crossed her legs so she was sitting indian-style.

"And what exactly is that, Taemin Oppa?" She asked suspiciously.

"You're going to have to get over him and move on with you life. Forget everything about him!!"

"...............Have you been watching Key Oppa's dramas?" She asked. Darn, I forgot she watches those, too...

"Er, that isn't important! What's important, is you're getting over hyung and I'm going to help you." I said proudly, climbing off her bed, taking her by the wrist to bring her along. She stopped our way the door and asked with a nervous grin,

"W-Wait, Oppa, where are we going? It's already 7 PM! And JongHyun Oppa said I can't leave after dark..." She cried, obviously worried about numerous things that could go wrong from here.

"You'll see when we get there, JiHwae-yah~" I grinned from ear to ear, my hand moving from her wrist to her hand. I gave it a squeeze and said, "Just trust me."


-----------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR: LOL, I . Again, you don't know diddly-squat about JiHwae in this chapter xDDD

Next chapter, I SWEAR, will have some more info on her! I'm 100% sure, ok? So, just be patient xD

I know this chapter was a little boring and uneventful :/ But next one will be better. Promise~

Anyway! Like, dislike? What should I change? Blah blah blah. Comment and subscribe away~ I LOVE YOU ALL ;D