4 - outside again

Lost and Found

After a half hour of getting ready and eating a quick breakfast, Taemin and I left the house and began walking down the street. It took me awhile to remember the surroundings, but Taemin was patient as I retraced a map in my head.

"If I remember right...the shops are this way." I said, moving down a corner. Luckily, nothing changed much. Taemin walked beside me, his hands stuffed in JongHyun's jean pockets.

"So, how long has it been since you've been outside anyway?" He asked and I tried to think back. It wasn't pleasent, but I  wanted to answer honestly.

"A year..." I muttered and he stopped in his tracks to look at me in shock.

"A year?" I nodded. "I don't wanna be nosy, but how come so long? And don't you go to school?" He blinked and was began walking again, slowly.

I felt safe with Taemin for some reason, so opening up didn't seem difficult like it usually was. "I'm home-schooled. I stopped going for the same reason I stopped going outside..." I paused, wondering if this was a good move to make. Taemin was a complete stranger after all...

Taemin, noticing my pause, suddenly said, "It's okay, JiHwae. You don't have to tell me now." He smiled and I felt better. Nodding, I walked with him to the shops, making small talk and getting to know each other more by asking questions back and forth.

Along the way, I had found out Taemin could remember his birthday, July 18th. He remembered his favorite color was White, he liked to eat meat, and he knew how to dance and play the piano.

In exchange for this information, I told him I liked dogs over cats, my favorite flowers are lotuses, my favorite color is green, and I also used to dabble in piano. Once he mentioned dance, though, I was curious and asked if he could show me something.

"Well, I'd like to do it to music so you can get the effect better." He said, smiling timidly and I chuckled and nodded.

"Okay, well, uhm...in here." I pointed to one of the many clothing stores. It was an urban sort of place, playing a song with a very catchy beat. "Is this good?" I asked, mildly unaware I had lead him in by the hand.

Realizing I was holding his hand, I let go quickly and stepped back as he smiled lightly. "Perfect. Now, don't laugh, I might have forgotten how to do some stuff." He warned me. I giggled and nodded, folding my hands behind my back as he seemed to wait for the right beat to come on.

When he felt the rhythm of the song, his body seemed to move on its own. It was like magic, the way he danced. I remember being in school and my classmates would try and try again for hours to do the moves and techniques he was performing so flawlessly in front of me. It was powerful, yet fluid; intricate though he made it look so simple. My brother and his boyfriend dabbled in dance, but never had I seen so much passion put into it.

I stood there in awe, my jaw slightly agape. I hadn't even noticed two people had also stopped by to observe. Taemin noticed me staring the way I was and winked, making me blush a bit. He finished off and asked, slightly breathless. "Any good?"

"Good? Taemin, that was amazing!" I exclaimed, making him laugh. We stopped short, though, as the two people finally started walking over. Almost immediately, my urge to hide away at home kicked in and Itensed. Taemin, noticing my sudden freeze stepped in front of my slightly, sperating these people from me.

"Can we help you?" Taemin asked with a smile. The two epople came more into the light and my eyes widened at the faces. I knew them anywhere.

"Uhm, yes...JiHwae...we sort of know her." Choi MiHa, my best friend up until I gave up the outside world, said, her voice as calm and gentle as always, She had gotten taller, her hair wavy, jet black and shiny. Her big brown eyes were still round and deer-like. She looked shocked to see me.

Beside her was her twin brother, Choi MinHo. They were identical save for the fact their gender was different, his hair was short and straight, and his build was far more athletically built. We three had been friendsfrom childhood days until I cut ties with everyone. His face was also less expressive then his sister's as I couldn't read what he was thinking.

I was brought back as Taemin's hand found my wrist and lightly tugged. "Do you, JiHwae?" He asked quietly and I nodded.

"Uhm, yes. MiHa and MinHo...we used to go to school together." I said and waved to them lightly.

They seemed almost hesitant as they waved back, an awkward smile on MiHa's face and barely any grin on MinHo's. "Nice to meet you. My name is Taemin." Taemin said to them and bowed a bit, receiving bows from them as well.

"J-JiHwae...how have you been?" MiHa asked as if I'd break if she didn't word it right. It was a bit annoying, seeing as how this behavior was one of the reasons I turned to home-schooling, but MiHa had my interest at heart. If I felt bad about leaving anyone behind, it was her and Minho.

"Fine...I'm fine. You and Minho-yah," I tagged on the "-yah" out of force of habit. It hadn't occured to me I even used it, but Taemin must have as he got a bit fidgety after I referred to him like that. "...you're really tall now." I smiled a bit. MiHa grinned wide and nodded with a laugh.

"Y-Yeah, ahah...." Minho didn't say anything, just nudged his sister in the side. MiHa glared at him a bit, but waved to me again. "Sorry we can't talk some more. Uhm, it was nice...seeing you again." MiHa said and left with her brother.

My two best friends...they were pretty much complete strangers it seemed. Taemin looked back at me and asked with concern,
 "Are you okay?" I blinked and nodded, smiling weakly at him.

"Hm? Oh, yeah. I'm fine. Just a bit surprised..Uhm, anyway." I said, looking around the shop. "We came to get you clothes, so let's do that, huh?" I asked, faking a smile and leading him over to the men's section.

"O-Okay...but," and he stopped me in my tracks. I didn't notice, again, that our hands were linked. I must have grabbed it to lead him away. "...are you sure you're ok?" He asked with genuine worry. I sighed and was planning to unhook our hands, but he squeezed mine when he felt me loosen my grip.

So, we stayed like that for a bit before I looked up and said, "Not...really..." I admitted. "I'll tell you why, just...not here, please." I pleaded. Seeing my resolve, he nodded and squeezed my hand gently again before walking up beside me.

"Alright. I understand, JiHwae" He smiled and finally looked down at our hands. At first, I thought he was going to let go, but his bright brown eyes just met mine for a brief moment. After that moment, he pulled me along lightly. "For now, let's do a fashion show~"

I blinked as he pulled me along. "Er, fashion show?"

"I'll try on something you choose, then you have to try on something I choose." He said excitedly. I laughed a bit, happy he was obviously trying to get my mind off of what had just occured.

"Sounds fun, let's do it~" I wanted to forget what jsut happened. At least for a little while. I wanted to pretend like that moment hadn't happened because it was starting to bring back memories I shied away from. And I didn't want any of it...All I wanted right now was for Taemin to help me forget, if only until he brought up again himself.

-------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR : Hope you all enjoyed this chapter (:

Next we'll find out a little more about JiHwae<3

So stayed tune and remember to comment, loves ;D