8 - the rush

Lost and Found

Warning~ This chapter contains adult themes and some strong language. Read at your own risk ;0

And yes, the image for this chapter is Yoona, not JiHwae. You'll see why ;D


Taemin's POV

"I am on a roll!" I exclaimed to myself as I left JiHwae at the tables, ignoring the strange looks people threw at me as I walked with long, carefree strides. Finally, I was feeling more confident about where JiHwae and I were heading. I could barely contain how happy I was without looking like a psycho.

"What can I do for you kid?" My mind was in flight and I barely registered his question, making him growl, "Hey, you gonna order or hold up the line?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry~ Two hot dogs and a large soda, please." I smiled pleasantly and reached into my pocket to pay for it. I blinked and looked through them, turning them inside out and saw I didn't have enough. "Aw, crap...Uhm, ahjusshi, you think I can--"

"No discounts, pretty boy." He said roughly and began pulling the food away. Urgh, no~ my lucky streak...

"T-Taemin?" A voice, light and gentle. I could have mistaken it for JiHwae's....But it wasn't. When I turned, my head started hurting when I saw the female watching me, ever so closely, so fondly....Something in my lost memories finally came out from hiding.

I knew her name. "Yoona... Noona....?" And I knew I had loved her.


YOONA'S POV

No! What was he doing here!? "Taemin! You have to get out of here!" I pulled him from the line by the elbow. He wrenched arm from me and we came to a halt.

"Wait, wait, wait! Why!? And who the hell are you!?" What...?

"You know very well who I am, Taemin, you even said my name just now. Now, let's go before he sees you." I said worriedly and reached for his hand. He retracted it quickly and I looked at him. "I know you hate me, Taemin--"

"Why would I hate you? I don't even know you." He mumbled.

"But you...Stop joking, Taemin. You were lucky the first time, but if he catches you again--"

"You...must be someone I knew."

What was he saying!? Did he get beaten so bad he was crazy or something? "I...I don't understand, Taemin-ah..."

"I recently lost all my memories, well, most of them, and haven't been able to remember anything else until now...." Oh God... "Your name just popped into my head all of a sudden and since you know me, too, it's obvious you were part of my life at one point." He really didn't remember anything that happened between us and...? Maybe this was for the better.

I sighed deeply. "It's probably best you did forget....Just, trust me, Taemin, You have to leave." I warned him, ready to plead for him to leave. Suddenly, there was a bunch of noise and Taemin and I turned to see people watching and trying to stop a fight that seemed to be going on. "Oh. no...Taemin, please, just go!" I begged and saw he wasn't even paying attention to me. His eyes were on the riot happening. My eyes fell on my husband who was knocked down, then a tall, teenage boy, and a girl....

My heart nearly cracked in two. Kim JiHwae - the young girl my husband a year ago.

I turned to tell Taemin to leave, but instead, he ran right to the scene. "Taemin, no!" I yelled and followed after him.


MINHO'S POV

I was sick to my stomach when I saw him touch her, even if it was just against the skin of her face. I wanted to kill that man. I wanted to give him the punishment he deserved. Why did they seem so far away? Why did it always feel like time was against me, the crowd was against me? No one saw them, but me!?

I came in time, when he grabbed her wrist forcefully and was pulling her closer. I didn't care who saw at this point. This wasn't going to happen again. My hand gripped that bastard's arm tightly and he looked at me with vexation. "Get your ing hands off her." I said dangerously and practically tore his hand from her wrist.

"Minho-yah! Don't!" JiHwae cried. I ignored her and threw my fist forward, punching the guy straight in the jaw. "Minho, stop!" She screamed again and I felt her pull at the back of my T-shirt. My breathing slowly began to calm down as I watched the guy lay unconscious on the floor and heard JiHwae starting to cry into my shirt.

"Taecyeon!" A woman shrieked and bent down next to the swine. Next, I turned my head to see my sister there, watching with disapproval. From her side emerged that Taemin guy and he ran towards JiHwae, but I quickly began to lead JiHwae out of the place, out into the quieter streets. Nothing but one street lamp was on out there and I led her to a bench, sat her down, then kneeled down, my hands on her shoudlers gently.

"JiHwae-yah...Yah, look at me." My eyebrows knotted together as she sobbed into her hands. She shook her head and I felt useless all over again. "JiHwae--"

"Please, leave me...alone...Minho..." She muttered between her crying. I stayed frozen for a moment and finally got up. I wanted to hate her....She was pushing me away again. I though I had saved her this time, but she seemed more upset then ever.

I stood, my hands leaving her shaking shoulders and saw Taemin come from the dark. He looked at me lividly and I looked back with a cold stare. Without a word to each other, he brushed past me and sat next to JiHwae on the bench, putting an arm around her and muttering in her ear. What was he doing right, that I was doing wrong? She was so close to this other male, this...stranger. I wanted nothing more than to hate JiHwae....But I found I loved her too much.

I turned and walked away.


JIHWAE'S POV

I felt horrible for making this wall between Minho and I. But what he did triggered even more horrible memories: ones about my father. I was aware Taemin had come to sit beside me and I flinched slightly when his arm s around me,

"It's okay, it's me, JiHwae..." He said softly into my ear. I clung to him, letting my second sob fest of the day flow out. "I shouldn't have left you. I'm so sorry..." He didn't even know what he was apologizing for, but I felt the sincerity in his words.

I finally began to calm down again and pulled myself from him, wiping my tears. "You don't even know why I'm crying, Oppa..." I said and he pulled me closer as his arm stayed around my shoulders.

"Then why don't you tell me...?" He asked and I looked up at him, our eyes meeting.

I sat up straighter, his arm leaving my shoulders at last as I took a deep, slow breath. "It's a long story, Oppa..." I stalled. He blinked and said,

"But I want to understand you, jagiya." He said earnestly. "I want to know why you were crying so that I can make sure you'll never cry about it again...." A pause. I sat, conflicted. I trusted Taemin Oppa. Maybe it was time he knew.

"I'll tell you..." I finally said and he nodded, his hand finding mine again. He laced our fingers and finally started the story.

"When I entered high school with MiHa and MinHo, we would pass by this house every time when we walked home. A guy lived there, Ok Taecyeon, and he was really friendly to us. But...every time I walked by alone without MiHa and MinHo he'd be a little too friendly...

The first time he...touched me was when I was 15. I didn't tell anyone because he threatened me after, so everyone went along not knowing, Eventually, he started stalking me altogether, showing up wherever I went, leaving me letters slipped in from my window...

One day, I was visiting MinHo and MiHa's house. MinHo usually took me home if I stayed late, but that night he said he and MiHa were too busy babysitting their new nephew, So, I left by myself. On my way home, though...." I swallowed hard, trying to contain the tears from recalling the event. "...on my way home, he caught me and forced himself on me."

I took a pause, taking another deep breath as Taemin's hand gripped mine protectively. I was able to keep the tears away for that long, but as I went on, they threatened to spill over. "I-I told my family and we took him to court....He came out innocent after his wife had an alibi for him...After that my father...."

A single tear rolled down my cheek, but was wiped away by Taemin's free hand. "My father was furious and beat him up right in court....He was put in jail for assault and attempted battery...." I squeezed Taemin's hand as I held back the pain. "That's part of why I got upset with MinHo....And those are the reason's I've been unable to leave home for so long...:"

I gasped a bit when Taemin stood and pulled me a into a full embrace. "That's horrible, what happened to you..." He spoke softly. "I know I don't remember anything from before your mother found me, but it couldn't possibly compare to what you've gone through. Jagiya," He pulled away and smiled at me. ", you never deserved any of it and it never should have happened to someone as wonderful, kind, and beautiful as you." I felt the heat crawl up to my face and I smiled, our hands still linked together.

"Thank you, Taemin Oppa." I said and he nodded. We stood like this for a bit and I felt something setting between us. Slowly, achingly, Taemin began moving his hands up my arm, closing the space between us.

"I'll never let anything like that happen to you again..." He assured me as he stopped moving in, as if asking for my permission.

Our eyes were locked onto each other's and his eyes flickered to my lips for a second before he leaned in. I leaned up, my eyes fluttering closed when--

HONK! HONK!

"YAH!!! KIM JIHWAE AND BABO TAEMIN, GET YOUR ASSES INTO THE CAR RIGHT THIS INSTANT!" Yelled a very angry Key in the passenger's seat with a megaphone and a very pissed off looking JongHyun driving the car. We both jumped, Taemin holding me in place when my first reaction was to break away from him.

Taemin sighed noisily, annoyed we didn't get to finish what was starting. He looked down at me and we smiled at each other. "We better go." I said to him, and he nodded. We both walked back to the car, my stomach filled with butterflies and my mind filled with both bitter memories, an unburdened load, and....what I could think love would feel like.

"I swear, teens these days are so rebellious! I can't believe you--" And he went on and on. I got in the back with Taemin, my head leaning on his shoulder as our hands couldn't stay detached for long and meshed together. I felt him kiss my hair and I smiled to myself, falling asleep the whole ride home despite Key's constant scolding.


AUTHOR: New chapter already!? Yeah, I wanted to get it out of the way (:

So, to all who thought MinHo was the stalker/, he wasn't xD He's just a misunderstood, unrequited love interest ;_;
There'll be more on him later. I have nothing against Taecyoen, I swear! I really like that guy xD But him and Yoona are sort of the...bad guys(?) here?
It's all fiction, so don't be offended xD Taecyeon's story you know now, but Yoona's will be coming up (:

I really hope you guys enjoy what I write >.<;; I would really love some more feedback. Having 40+ subscribers and only, like 7, comments a chapter really
kinda bums me out xD; Not to sound needy or anything, Anyway! Comment and subscribe if you haven't! ILY YOU GUYS~!

P.S.- Doesn't Key for cutting off their almost-kiss-scene? XDD!!