Chapter 8

Shining Star

A/N: this is gonna be short. Cause I love short last chappies^^

 

Chapter 8

"I want you to know that I'll always love you... Kibummie..."

"Sunghyun!" Kibum's eyes flew open, he sat up, arms embracing the air. He was back at home, lying on the sofa in the living room. I'm at home...? I thought... I was with him...

"Hyung, you're finally awake!" Kiseop exclaimed, smiling as he turned from where he was eating in the kitchen,

"Kevin. Where's Kevin?" sitting upright, Kibum rubbed the sleep from his eyes. Had it all been just a dream?

Kiseop frowned, eyebrows scrunching together. "Weren't you out with him? Dongho said you both went off from the cafe in the early afternoon. Anyway, you were already sleeping when I came back."

But, Kibum didn't remember anything about leaving or coming home, his last memory was of the kiss... His eyes scanned for the clock hanging on the wall. 8 PM. Wait. 8PM?! He had left the cafe at around noon. So... He had been asleep for about six hours.

"What's wrong?" Kiseop asked curiously. What happened between the both of you?" his eyes widened as he jumped to conclusions on how his hyung was behaving. "Did you guys break up??"

Kibum ignored him, standing up and going to his room. He caught sight of himself in the mirror. A thin sheen of sparkly dust covered his lips and the front of his shirt, wherever he had had contact with Sunghyun. He paused, remembering Kiseop's comments about his jacket having glitter. Had it been because of Sunghyun?

Still thinking about this, he sat down on his bed and noticed his sketchbook (which he had taken with him) lying on the bed, open to the last page. On it was a sketch of himself, peacefully asleep. Next to it, written in neat cursive, was a single word:

Goodbye.

~

Kibum's hand was shaking as he slit open the envelope. He had thought about him every single day since he had left, yet in some strange way, this seemed like the first time that he actually was thinking so much about Sunghyun.

A folded piece of paper, crisp and lavendar-coloured, fell out onto his lap. A sweet scent, one that brought back many happy memories to Kibum. And, as he'd guessed, there were small finger-print shaped marks all over the paper. He unfolded it carefully, eyes readin through the many lines of Sunghyun's small handwriting.

Dear Kibummie hyung,

I guess you got my drawing? I'm sorry I had to leave so suddenly, without really telling you everything.

You must be wondering, did I really die, during the car accident? Maybe not, because you could still see me, and I was in a way, "alive".

Well, I died. But I was watching you from the skies, watching over your life and making sure nothing bad happened to you.

Remember the story I told you? The one about the stars in the sky? That was what I was trying to tell you all along. I'm a star now. That glittery stuff on everything I touch, that's stardust. 

I may not be by your side now in human form, Kibummie. But when each night falls, don't forget that I'm up there in the night sky, always shining for you^^

Loving you forever,

Sunghyun

PS.

Look for me. I'll be the brightest star in the sky^^

~

Tears pricked at his eyes each time Kibum thought back about this. But he knew that there was a truth in what Sunghyun had written and he always looked to the sky at night, searching for him. The most bright star, Kibum liked to think of it as HIS star. Sunghyun.

He smiled dreamily as he sat by himself in the cafe. He sometimes wondered if Sunghyun would ever come back. He wished for it, whenever he saw a shooting star.

Suddenly, a hand tapped his shoulder gently, a lilting voice floating to his ears. "Hey, can I sit here?" A slender hand, all too familiar, gestured to the seat opposite his.

As Kibum turned around, his smile widened.

Maybe, sometimes wishes do come true...

~

 

HI:)

And so, this is the last chapter.

Thanks to everyone who read, commented, and subscribed, I LOVE YOU ALL! <3

Hope you guys enjoyed Shining Star, and stay tuned for my other fics^^

GOMAWOYO~

Love,

Me:)