Chapter 3

Shining Star

Chapter 3

"Hyung! What are you doing?!" 

"Go away! Leave... Leave me alone..."

"But--"

"I said go away!" the sound of a slap ringing through the room, a loud scream of pain.

"Hyung...!"

Kibum jerked awake, trying to catch his breath as he sat up in bed. His dream... What was going on? Well, it technically wasn't a dream since he could only hear voices and not see anything, but it still left him confused. The "hyung" in his dream, it sounded alot like him.

And that other voice, the pleading voice... Why was it so familiar? He realised that it was the same voice as the one before, the voice he had heard during his conversation with Kevin.

He sighed, ruffling his already messy hair in frustration, getting out of bed. It was only three in the morning, for God's sake. And he was now officially awake, troubled by this dream that was haunting him. Kibum pulled his sketchbook from his shelf, frowning as he d around his desk for a spare pencil. "Aish, I have to get a new book soon, this one is almost full..."

So, he started to sketch, not thinking at all, his mind almost a complete blank. He always did that when he was stressed. There was a lot of erasing and redrawing, a lot of shading, but he was finally done after an hour or so. Kibum looked down at his new piece, immediately shocked.

The portrait he had drawn was of Kevin.

~

Kibum yawned a good morning to Dongho as he stepped inside the cafe the next day. "Hey Dongho."

"Morning, hyung!" Dongho chirped brightly as Kibum sat down at his usual table. "What would you like?"

"Mocha latte and a blueberry muffin, thanks." he replied without even looking at the menu, hands reaching into his backpack to take out his sketchbook.

"Okay, coming soon~" Dongho paused as he noticed the book. "New sketchbook?"

"Yeah, I finished the last one yesterday." Kibum said, as Dongho went off to give his order. To tell the truth, his old book had about a quarter blank pages left, it was just that seeing his latest drawing really freaked him out. Seriously, of all people, why Kevin? He barely even knew the guy.

"Sup, Kibum!" a voice greeted suddenly, its owner dropping into the seat beside his, an arm slung casually around his shoulders. 

"Soohyun," Kibum said as way of greeting, barely looking up at his friend. "No practice today? Where are all your fans?"

"Day off," Soohyun explained. "Besides, my baby was complaining that I have no time for him... I wanted to prove him wrong. And the fans? They're outside my house in Seoul. I stayed over at my parent's place last night."

Kibum tsked in disapproval. "How bad, ignoring your fans now?"

"Nah." Soohyun tapped his sunglasses, pulling down the mask over his mouth. "They'd recognise me anywhere, anyway even when I'm like this. A guy needs peace you know..." A grin crossing his face, Soohyun leaned closer. "Kibum, you found someone?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," Kibum pretended to be busy drawing.

"Liar! You've got that kinda spark in your eyes... So who is it?"

"...No one."

Soohyun rolled his eyes, deciding not to press any further, Kibum was really stubborn when it came to this kind of things. He pulled back his arm and sat back in his seat, face lighting up as Dongho came to serve Kibum's breakfast. "Dongho ah~"

"Soohyun hyung!" Dongho gasped in a surprised tone, before looking around to check if anyone was watching. He then gave Soohyun a quick kiss, as if he had forgotten Kibum's presence totally. "I miss you~"

"Miss ya too," Soohyun returned his kiss. "What time's your lunch break? I've booked a room already..."

"One to two, but I always come in later." Dongho's grin nearly split his face into half as he heard the last sentence.

It was Kibum's turn to roll his eyes, moving over to the other side of the table to give them some space. "? In the middle of the day? Really, guys."

"Shut up!" Soohyun retorted, kicking his leg under the table. "Talk to you later, neh?" He kissed Dongho once more, smiling. "Don't want anyone to get suspiscious, the paparazzi are everywhere."

Just then, Kibum spotted a familiar hoodie near the back of the cafe. "Hey, Dongho, hold on." he pointed Kevin out, "Does he come here often?"

Dongho squinted a little to see, before nodding. "Yep, he's been a regular since a few months ago, he usually comes after you leave and always sits at the same table. He's early today..."

"I see." Kibum didn't say anything more, already going through the details in his head.

Had their meeting really been a coincidence?

~

Sorry, this is a boring, dialogue-ish chapter...I don't even know what I'm writing=.= been kinda sick lately, my inspiration has been like zero...

Anyways, thanks for reading and please comment~~^^