Chapter 7

Shining Star

Chapter 7

"And... Hyung, he died two years ago."

"What?!" Kibum turned to look at Eli sharply. "He... Died?"

Eli sighed, gesturing for the older man to sit down on the edge of the bed next to him. "It was... Fine, Kiseop is gonna kill me if I tell you this, but I think it's time you need to know the truth." Kibum nodded, fingers unconsciously gripping the plastic frame of the photograph tighter, almost crumpling it, anxious to hear more.

"Kiseop isn't your only brother. You had a hyung, he was almost your twin, you two were that close. His name was Hyungjun. About three years ago, the both of you had a huge fight, I can't really remember what it was about. He got so angry, he took some of his things and left. He never came back, and we still don't know if he's alive or not. You were really affected by it and you blamed yourself for it. That time, you were in a relationship with Sunghyun. After Hyungjun disappeared, you started drinking and coming home late. Sometimes... Sometimes when you came back drunk you would even hit Sunghyun, telling him you wanted a breakup. But he never left you, always trying to help you get over everything." Eli couldn't meet Kibum's eyes, and he murmured guiltily.

"To tell the truth, Kiseop, Soohyun and I, we didn't really like Sunghyun that much, him being from America and all. During that time, we tried persuading him to leave you; we told him that you weren't in the right frame of mind and that you would hurt him even more if he stayed with you. He always smiled, saying that he was sure you would soon be fine. Then... One night, you didn't come home for two days and he went out to look for you by himself. He found you dead drunk in a park. Sunghyun didn't call us, he tried bringing you home alone. On the way... You stumbled across a road, in the path of an oncoming car and he..." Eli bit his lip, wondering how he should continue. "He pushed you away and shielded you from the car. The impact killed him instantly."

Silence filled the room. Kibum didn't know what to say. He... He was the reason someone was dead? And, what did this have to do with Kevin? Each memory floated back to him with each word Eli said. Memories of the past, of everything that had already happened,

"Why don't I remember any of this?" he demanded. Eli's eyes were slightly red, he noticed, when the younger looked up at him.

"When you fell, you hit your head and fell into a coma for a week. When you woke up, you couldn't recall anything about Hyungjun or Kevin, or what had happened. We told you that you'd fallen sick, and we didn't want you to find out..." Eli took a deep breath. "Drawing. You started having a flair for drawing after you woke up. Sunghyun... He used to be an artist. He was midway through a design course when the accident happened. And the cafe you always frequent, the one Dongho works at? That was Sunghyun's favourite place. He would pull you there whenever the both of you were free, to draw and have a cup or two of coffee."

"The ring. What about the ring you guys were talking about? And, Kiseop freaked out when I told him I went on a date with Kevin. Why?" There were so many questions whirling in Kibum's mind, making him even more confused than he already was. He didn't understand. He didn't want to, not if all these memories were going to haunt him.

"On your second anniversary, you had two rings custom made for you and Sunghyun. That day you gave it to him, he was so happy. A week or two before the accident, you flared up at him again, and both rings ended up with Sunghyun. And, about the name..." Eli paused, eyes once more focusing on the ground below him. "I don't mean to scare you, but Kevin is Sunghyun's Christian name. He always asked us to call him Sunghyun though, felt more like family, he said."

Kibum remembered everything now. The scenes flashing back like a video, each one making him almost hate himself even more. How had he been such an awful person, so bad-tempered and narrow-minded? He recalled the strong feelings that washed over him with the flashbacks, the anger, the pain, the love. Hyungjun. Hyungjun was his hyung and because of their fight he was gone. Sunghyun, who loved him so much, was dead. Dead because of him.

Because of Kibum.

Because of what he had done.

He cradled his head in his hands, crying freely now. He wished he'd never asked Eli, because now he had to deal with all this pain.

~

Kibum had been waiting at the cafe for over three hours, waiting for Kevin. Wanting to clear all the confusion, about Sunghyun, about their freaky resemblance to each other.

He waited, but Kevin never came.

~

One day passed, two days passed, four days passed. A week passed and still no sign of the boy in the dark hoodie.

This was Kibum's third cup of coffee that day, as he waited tirelessly, patiently. Dongho had approached him many times that week, asking him if he was fine, but Kibum never gave a straight answer.

Was he really fine? After all that he'd found out, would it be a lie to tell Dongho that he was fine?

Dongho finally gave up on trying, giving Kibum a tight-lipped nod, a murmur of "Your drink will be coming soon" whenever he took his order. Kiseop, Eli, Soohyun, Alexander; they'd all stopped asking if he needed anything, because it was obvious that Kibum only wanted to see Kevin.

Finally, a familiar figure stepped through the glass doors of the cafe, the bell over the entrance tinkling as he did so. Kibum's head snapped up, as he pushed his chair back and stood up so suddenly, his chair fell over and caused everyone to look at him. He didn't care, however, his attention only focused on the person standing before him. "Kevin."

A hand gripped his wrist tightly, fingers cold as ice. "Come with me."

~

"You know."

They were at the cliff again, just the two of them alone, Kevin's fingers still linked with Kibum's. The older man reached out his free hand, fingertips brushing against the other's cheek. "It's you, isn't it? Sunghyun?" Just this small action, brought a wave of emotions flooding into Kibum's mind. The kisses, the hugs, the nights they spent together. "Sunghyun?"

Only a quiet, wordless smile in reply, not denying, not acknowledging anything.

"Why...?" It was the only thing Kibum could think of saying, so overwhelmed by the memories. Tears slipped down his cheeks, even as a hand reached up to brush each tear away as they fell. "Sunghyun, why?"

He didn't get a chance to say anything more, as plush lips suddenly pressed to his own. Sweet-tasting. Familiar.

Nothing else registered in his brain as they deepened the kiss, arms wrapping around each other tightly.

A whisper against his lips, that melodic voice he missed so much. "Because, I did it for you..."

He felt damp on his skin, he didn't know if it was his or Sunghyun/Kevin's tears.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me..."

Arms tightening, in a long forgotten embrace.

"I want you to know that I'll always love you... Kibummie..."

 

~

That's not the end, don't worry XD But next chapter is most likely the last.

Once again, please comment your opinion^^

Also, do check out my other fic (you can request here^^), UKISS World: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/60384/ukiss-world-dongho-elixander-kemaru-ukiss-

Thanks!^^ <3