Chapter 1

Shining Star

Chapter 1

"It's not fair, hyung!" Dongho pouted, leaning over and examining the sketchbook on the table.

"What's not fair?" Picking up his pencil, Kibum darkened the outline of his sketch.

"Life is! Soohyun hyung is on hiatus from his singing but he never comes here..." he complained, his frown deepening. "Hyung, can't you go talk to him?"

Sighing, Kibum put down his pencil and looked up at the seventeen-year-old. "You know what he's like. He's already preparing for his new album, so he needs more time practicing his dance and recording the songs. Patience, Dongho."

"But Soohyunnie hyung hardly has any time for me even on his off days!" Flicking his long, white-blonde bangs from his eyes, Dongho nudged his hyung's shoulder.

"When has he had time for anything?" Kibum murmured, putting the finishing touches on the sketch. "Yes! Done!"

"Yah!" Dongho exclaimed, nudging him harder. "Are you even listening to me??"

"Huh?"

"Aish! No one ever does. You , hyung!" Dongho stamped his foot slightly, lips forming into a pout once more. He huffed off to the counter, resuming his shift as one of the cafe's waiters.

Kibum rolled his eyes. How many times had Dongho said that to him this week? He would always be back talking to him in a few hours' time anyway. Humming to himself softly, he flipped to a fresh page in his book and started planning his next drawing. Although it was scorching hot outside, the temperature in the cafe was pleasantly cool and it was filled with rays of warm sunlight, streaming in from the many windows. Smiling to himself, Kibum took a mouthful of soda, tapping his temple lightly with the blunt end of the pencil.

Just then, there was a tap on his shoulder. "Excuse me, may I sit here?" The person gestured to the empty seat across the table from him. A distinct American accent, Kibum noted. He had always been good with details.

"Yeah, go ahead," he replied in English. "No one's sitting there."

A bright smile in reply, "Thanks!"

There was a creak as the guy sat down in the metal-framed chair, a slight thump as he put a porcelain mug of coffee down on the table. For a long time after that, Kibum would always remember the scent of the coffee, strong and thick; the way the stranger was wearing a long-sleeved hoodie even in the burning summer heat. A stranger, yes, but why did Kibum have the feeling of seeing this guy before?

Unknowingly, he found himself drawing a portrait of the stranger: his heart-shaped face and delicate features, long black locks falling over sparkling eyes, cherry blossom lips and sharp nose. The way he was bent over a book so that his bangs almost brushed its pages. The way he held his coffee mug with two fingers delicately.

He looked up,"Why are you staring at me?" His stare was made more intense by the dark colour of his eyes, each deep-brown orb framed by insanely long lashes.

Kibum felt his cheeks colouring, embarrassed at being caught. "I just find you... familiar... Have we met before?"

He tilted his head to the side for a moment, before his eyes crinkled up at the corners in a beautiful eye-smile. "I don't think so! I'm Kevin, what about you?"

"I'm Kibum. Allen."

Kevin nodded, a thoughtful look on his face. "Ah, such a nice name..." Kibum just gave a small smile back in reply.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, before Kibum tore the page with his new drawing from his sketchbook. He slipped it under Kevin's coffee mug carefully, the latter too absorbed in his book to notice, then left the cafe.

~

Hey everyone! Hope you like my new story:) I wrote this on my phone, so please forgive me for any typos, spacing and the shortness of this chapter.my fingers and eyes are killing me, so I'll update another time:) If you like it please comment and subscribe~ Thanks for reading~

Btw, please support my first fic, Gone, at this link:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/35681/gone-2shin-kemaru-kpop-ukiss Gomawoyo~