Chapter 2

Shining Star

Chapter 2

The following day, Kibum was at his usual hangout: on the top of a cliff overlooking the sea. When he wasn't at the cafe, his or Soohyun's house, he was there. He loved the peace and quiet there, away from the noise and rush of Seoul.

Smiling widely, he inhaled a breath of salty sea air before sitting down near the edge, his sharp eyes already observing the beautiful scenery below, his pencil already beginning to sketch the faint outline of the sea. He had drawn this particular scene hundreds of times before, yet each time, it was slightly different from the one before.

"Hey." a voice said, a shadow falling over Kibum from behind..

Kibum turned around to see Kevin -was that his name?- settling down into a cross-legged position next to him. He was wearing the same hoodie as before, this time with the hood pulled up to slightly cover his face. "Hi. What are you doing here?"

Kevin didn't answer for a while, instead staring out at the sea, glinting a crystal clear blue in the sunlight, his fringe ruffled by the cool breeze. "Do you come here often?"

"Yeah. To draw and relax..." Kibum turned back to his uncompleted sketch, his pencil moving furiously once more.

"Ah. Me too." a pause. "I didn't get to thank you for the drawing. It was really good, with all the details and everything."

Kibum shook his head, giving Kevin a grin. "Nah, its okay. It's my hobby, doesn't take too much effort to do a portrait."

A nod. They sat in silence for a long while, Kibum sketching and Kevin just sitting there and closing his eyes, as if sleeping.

"You draw too?" Kibum asked, breaking the now-awkward silence after he had finished the sketch, now flipping to a new page.

"Used to. I don't anymore."

"Why?" Kibum couldn't comprehend how someone would just stop drawing. To him, it was his passion, his life. As he frowned at Kevin, he suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around him, soft locks of hair brushing his neck.

"Kibummie hyung~"  a sing-song voice called. "Come see my new sketch. Tell me if its good."

Kibum blinked, shaking his head as if to clear the blurriness in his mind. What was that?

"Kibum? Are you alright?" Kibum blinked again and the fog went away, as he realised that Kevin had called him a few times already, his hand now gripped around his arm. "You just blanked out..."

"Uh, I'm okay. Just tired." he lied, before quickly changing subject. "What were we talking about again?"

~

An hour passed, and Kibum made his way home after Kevin left, saying that it was getting dark. Turning his key in the lock of his front door, he frowned as he recalled what had happened earlier. Perhaps he should get more rest, even though he hadn't been doing anything much for the past few days.

"Hey hyung!" Eli yelled from where he was sitting on the sofa, next to Alexander and Kiseop.

"Kibum hyung!" Kiseop ran and hugged Kibum dramatically. "Finally you're home! You just saved me from being the third wheel~"

Kibum laughed, even as Xander stuck out his tongue at the younger boy. "Yah. No one asked you to come back from work so early! Kibum, wanna eat? We were planning to eat out today."

"Mm, anything's fine with me." Kibum hung up his coat in his room, dropping his bag on the ground.

"Why so happy?" Kiseop asked curiously, before picking up his older brother's coat. "Did you use glitter again?"

"Met someone and we had a talk..." Kibum murmured vaguely as he took his sketchbook out and slid it onto his shelf. "No, why?"

Kiseop's brows crinkled as he inspected the particles of glittery stuff on the arm of the coat (he had always been kind of OCD), brushing at it cautiously. "Must've been left from the last time you used it... Oh! Really! Did you get his number? I wanna see who he is, you've been single too long!"

"Go away!" Kibum shoved Kiseop playfully, pretending to be angry. "Its none of your business! You're beginning to sound like Xander hyung..."

"I'm going to tell Xander hyung you said that!" Kiseop pouted before bouncing out of the room. "Oh Xander hyung~!"

Kibum laughed to himself once more. However, he knew Kiseop was right. It wasn't like him to open up to a stranger so fast, he didn't have that kind of character. He resolved to get Kevin's number the next time he saw him.

~

Hello everyone!keke... Sorry for taking so long to update, I was kinda lazy(holidays started^^)... Just wanted to clear up the relationships in this fic:

Dongho and Soohyun are Kibum's good friends(2shin!ahahaha~). Kiseop is his younger brother and Eli is his other good friend who is kinda like his housemate. And of course, Xander is Eli's boyfriend:)))

Another thing, this fic is gonna be short. like maybe 6 chapters?cause i don't really have the whole storyline in mind, just writing as I go...

Thanks for reading! I LOVE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBERS VERY VERY MUCH!!!:)))*hinthint*