Chapter 6

Shining Star

Chapter 6

"Not good... Not good..." Kibum murmured, throwing another T-shirt on his already very messy bed. This shirt had too many holes. The other shirt had dried-up, leftover paint on it. That pair of jeans had a rip across the knee. That other pair was too tight...

Kiseop looked on in amusement, as his older brother went through his whole closet, trying to find something acceptable to wear. "Hyung, calm down. This isn't your first date..." Kibum turned to glare at him, before going back to sorting out his clothes. "And, you haven't told us who is this mysterious person yet..."

"He's someone I met." Kibum answered vaguely.

"Name?? Age?? Uh, profession?" Kiseop leaned forward, suddenly excited by his hyung's answer. He was rewarded with another glare. "Whaaaat. I was just asking!"

"Kevin. Twenty, and I don't know what he does."

"K... Kevin?" Kiseop suddenly paled, like the other time.

"What's wrong. You don't like that he has an English name? And, are you sick or diabetic or something, because you keep on having the same reaction when I tell you something."

"Nothing. Nothing!" he shouted frantically, falling off the bed in his panic (and clumsiness). "BYE HYUNG!" And, like the previous time, he got up before running out of the room in a hurry.

Kibum was about to go after him, when he caught sight of his watch. "Damn!" He was going to be late.

~

It had gone well. Very well.

Kibum hadn't been late after all, and they'd spent the dinner enjoying each other's company. Kibum grinned happily as he strolled into the house, his sketchbook for once left in his room. He revised mentally all that he knew about Kevin (from past sessions of Twenty Questions).

Kevin was from San Francisca, California. He was born on 25th November, a year after Kibum. He loved singing, drawing and playing the guitar, and he had an older sister named Deanna. He came to Korea to try out a career in the entertainment industry, but had decided at the last minute that he didn't want to go for the audition. He --

"Hyung, please, don't do this anymore!"

"Stop acting like you care."

"Please, it doesn't you any good. Please stop..."

It was back. After such a long time, The Voice was back. Kibum paused in the middle of the corridor, much to the annoyance of Eli (who was behind him). "Yah, Kibum hyung, even if you're really happy after your date you shouldn't stop so suddenly like that..." He was shocked when Kibum turned around, grabbing him by the shoulders roughly.

"Eli. Answer me truthfully."

"Um. Okay...?" Eli was getting freaked out by the intense eyes boring straight into his. When had Kibum become so... Unpredictable?

"Who is Sunghyun, what happened to him and why are you all talking about me behind my back?"

Eli gulped. He blinked, once, twice.

"Tell me!" Kibum's fingers tightened on Eli's shoulders. "Ellison Kim, if you're really my friend, you wouldn't hide anything from me."

The younger boy swallowed hard again, looking around the house to check that no one else was around, before leading Kibum to Kiseop's room, pulling open a drawer and shoving a photograph into Kibum's hands.

"This... This is Sunghyun."

Kibum stared in absolute shock at the photograph. Wasn't that him with... Kevin? He recognised the boy beside him in the picture, even though his face wasn't half-hidden in the picture. His mind whirled, piecing together thoughts one by one trying to figure everything out. Eli's next words, however, messed up the almost-complete jigsaw of memories in Kibum's mind.

"And... Hyung, he died two years ago."

~

 

Ahaha:) Sorry for being so evil and leaving you guys with a cliffhanger (kind of!) and short update (that went at such a fast pace T.T) after such a looooong time not updating... Wasn't able to update due to writers block and some personal reasons.

And so, I shall be even more evil and ask for comments:) It just takes a few seconds to type a comment, so PLEASE leave some for me to read:)

Also, please also support my other two fics:

UKISS World -- http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/60384/ukiss-world-dongho-elixander-kemaru-ukiss-

And We All Have A Hell (to be updated in a few days time, sorry for the long wait T.T) -- http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/56532/and-we-all-have-a-hell-songfic-eli-elvin-kemaru-kevinwoo-kimkibum-ukiss-