S I X

Shut Up, Flower Boy!

 

"Where'd this come from?" Hyuna asked, plucking the collar of Minkyung's jacket.
 
It was Myungsoo's but that was besides the point.
 
The bubbly girl sat on a table in the lecture hall and swung her legs. "Can I borrow it?"
 
Minkyung just shook her head with a smile. Hyuna pouted with an audible sigh.
 
"Hey nice jacket." Myungsoo said mockingly. "Am I ever getting it back?"
 
"Wait it's his?" Hyuna pointed but was ignored.
 
"Nope." Minkyung grinned at him. "I like it too much."
 
Myungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"Minnie why do you have his jacket?" Hyuna asked, wide eyed.
 
"Are we going again today?" Minkyung asked, returning her eyes to her laptop to review her notes.
 
"Going where?" Hyuna started sliding off the table slowly.
 
"Yeah but later." He replied to the previous question, smirking. "I don't want you skipping class again."
 
"You skipped class?" Hyuna fell into her chair with a thunk. "You, of all people, skipped class?"
 
Minkyung waved either her or Myungsoo off. "Your wants are different than mine."
 
"We'll go after classes are done for the day." He smirked. "And I'm taking you out for lunch."
 
Hyuna screeched. "He's what?"
 
"Miss Kim you have a lovely voice. However you are not a banshee." Mr. Lee projected evenly.
 
The class sat at rapt attention.
 
"And Mr. Kim, I understand Miss Jo is lovely but I would appreciate if you remained in your designated seat for the duration of my class."
 
"Must run in the family." Minkyung smirked at her professor and he returned it. Myungsoo strode over to his seat in the front of the room silently.
 
Mr. Lee continued on with his lesson and Minkyung hardly paid attention.
 
When the bell rang, she gathered up her things and scurried up the aisle to meet Myungsoo. Hyuna was close behind her.
 
"Oh no, missy. You have some explaining to do!"
 
Minkyung shook her head at her.
 
"Min, how's Jae been?" Mr. Lee asked. Hyuna's face broke and she let out a dramatic sigh on her way out.
 
"Maybe you should ask her yourself." Minkyung raised her eyebrows. Mr. Lee pressed his lips together and nodded.
 
"Ready to go?" Myungsoo asked. She nodded and he grabbed her hand, leading her off campus.
 
"You're not sick of coffee, are you?"
 
"Never." She laughed.
 
He brought her to a nearby family-owned coffee shop, finding a table before leaving her to order. She rubbed her hands together, the friction chasing the chill away.
 
He finally returned, delivering two lattes and taking a seat across from her.
 
"So what's the plan for today?" Minkyung wrapped her hands around her cup and took a small sip.
 
"I was thinking after classes we could go back to the studio for a bit and I can show you something new I wrote." He picked up his cup and swirled its contents.
 
"You wrote something?" She tilted her head to the side.
 
"A duet." Myungsoo gave a sideways grin. "So I need you. If you're up to it, I mean."
 
"Of course!" She sputtered. "Can't we just skip school again?"
 
"Somebody's excited." He chuckled but shook his head.
 
Minkyung pouted with a loud "hmph!" and leaned back in her chair. She sipped her latte and tried to assess how she'd get through the whole day waiting to return to their secret hiding place.