O N E

Shut Up, Flower Boy!

 

"Jo Minkyung get your out of bed before you are late!"
 
"Wha-?" Minkyung rolled off the futon and hit the cold floor. Her room was still dark except for the sunlight seeping through the bottom of the curtains that hung on the window. That is, it was until her older sister flicked the light switch and the overhead light bathed everything in a harsh glow.
 
"You're going to be late for school." She said as she tossed some clothes fresh from the dryer at Minkyung.
 
"What the hell, Jae?" The younger sister was slow to react.
 
"You're running late." Jaekyung informed her. " It's time to get up."
 
"Why don't you have to go?" Minkyung whined, pulling a pair of jeans on without actually getting off the floor.
 
"Because I already graduated university and have a career?" Jae stood in the doorway. Minkyung envied her fuzzy pajamas, grunting as she slipped a cream colored, v-neck sweater over her head.
 
"Details, details." She mumbled before pushing herself off the floor. Jae had disappeared and Minkyung ran her fingers through her hair. She resigned to pulling it up and wrapping it in a bun for lack of time.
 
She hopped down the hall on one foot, pulling on knee-high equestrian boots before being spit out into the kitchen. She found a Styrofoam cup on the table.
 
"Cup noodle for breakfast? Is that the best you can do?" Minkyung poked her sister's with the back end of her chopsticks.
 
"It was the quickest thing I could think of." Jae sipped a cup of coffee as the younger Jo sister inhaled her noodles.
 
"You're never getting married off if you eat like that." Jae laughed. "We'll end up old maids together." Minkyung snorted.
 
"Remind me to get you a cat when I move out." She said, stealing her sister's coffee on the way past. She picked up her school bag as she headed out the door.
 
"See you later, punk." Jae called after her dejectedly, mourning the loss of her caffeine.