Entry 9 - Imbricate Halcyon

The Black Diary [STORY DISCONTINUED]

 


 

Imbricate - verb - To overlap, to form a regular pattern

Halcyon - adjective - Happy, carefree; denoting a period of time in the past where everything was idyllically happy and peaceful.

 


 

I've been happy. For over the past few years I've been happy. Clearly too happy that I've been completely oblivious to all the mishap and terror that has been coming and going in this world. I've wiped all the tainted, disfigured memories from my mind. My past was stained in a deep red. It's something that I have not visited in a very, very long time. Until now. It's beginning to infiltrate my mind once again, this feeling. It's getting stronger and stronger with each passing minute. No... No not now. Not when my puzzle pieces have just began to fit. I can't become the monster I was years ago.

Everything was perfect. I have a high pay job, I just recently got a promotion, I'm getting married in a few months, w-we're planning to have kids... I-it... Everything... Was perfect. So how the hell would a small bleeding cut ruin my sanity? How is it possible that something so miniscule can be able to surpass the largest brick wall of memories and trigger the mental mind bomb inside me once again? It's unsettling, just thinking about it. On that day the red liquid stained over walls and houses with their starlight-crested roofs. You could have thought I painted the town red.

Literally. 

I hated everyone there. Them and their snobby, stuck-up noses held high. Everyone but him. His dancing hair, his illuminating eyes, his radiant personality that I would never have thought would be compatible with mine. I wanted to be with him. Not be overruled by the decisions of my parents. To have come from a family who have the whole country wrapped around their finger is not a blessing, but a curse.

Burdensome.

All the borderline crazy expectations, the plans for my future, everything had become a regular pattern of my life in control of someone else. It was something that I definitely disagreed with. I had lived my life under the powers of my parents. But even with all the advantages and riches they had promised and appointed me to, they couldn't give me something that I had wanted and longed for. I wanted to do things on my own. I wanted to be with him. But, it was the future that decided my fate with him and the rest of my life. My so called "pristine" future was now in a stain of opaque red shades of depression and tremor.

Before long, I had enough of their games and planning. I had grabbed my father's letter opener and had felt the joy of killing. I went into a frenzy of obnoxious laughter and massacre. I killed my mother, father, sister, everyone who resided near me. Apart from him of course. Slitting every single one of their throats, I squealed. The feel of fresh blood dripping down my arm was so refreshing. Maybe because it was something that I had been longing for, maybe because it was the blood of the people I hated. I was too caught up in my little fun. The only problem was that he shouldn't see what I was doing... Ha ha... He didn't need to. He didn't need to because our dreams of being together would be fulfilled. I didn't want him to see what I did, yet I did. Does that make sense to you? I giggled and squealed in delight. But... As I had turned around, he was there. Staring. Gaping. Jaw-dropped in terror. My face had gone from a crazed smile to an ugly sob within seconds. 

He saw. HE saw. HE SAW!!

He had seen what I had done. His face was dripping in terror and disbelief. The expression was so strong, I can still remember it clearly to this day. I had no choice left. I knew he would tell, just seeing it in his eyes explains everything. It always did... I killed him. Obviously with remorse, but it soon faded as soon as I slash his eyes. He did not need to explain anything further. I slashed and stabbed them until they were chunks of unrecognizable matter. He did not need to explain anything further. No more. 

My hands stained in blood. I painted the walls. Painted them thick in the matter that they all used to be. Blood. Entrails. Organs. Flesh. It was something that I was proud of. No one would ever know. I broke down in comeplete insanity. The police found me in a blood stained mess. I had my ways of proving myself innocent. I had therapy, the worst years of my life before I could finally be free. Free from insanity, from the tainted memories, from everything that I was. But alas, I found my way back into this little trench.

And I'm hungry for BLOOD.


-- you POV --

You sat there in your bed confused. You thought the Black Diary only recorded the stories of the dead.

"Weird... Would this be an exception? But why would they have it?" You wondered, the question floating in your head.

"The time... Stop now... Before it's too late..." A hoarse voice whispered.

4.30am

Time is running out. But you never listen to the apparitions.


#DONE

Finally!!!! It's done! I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter because I sure as hell enjoyed writing this one. BUT! I feel like I dragged it a little ;; please tell me your comments, whether good or bad, I don't care!! The Black Diary entries are soon coming to a close now and I have enjoyed writing these! My plans after TBD would be to write an angst(?) romance fic. I have two ideas, but I have no clue which one to choose. Here's a tiny preview of both:

Goodbye, Summer

 

She walks away, her shadow not leaving the slightest trail of her sunshine.

'My sunshine... Has set... To leave me in the darkest night.' You thought sadly.

To The World; I am proud.

I don't regret all the mistakes I've made. Why? Because they all lead me to meeting you.

If I hadn't done what I did, I wouldn't be telling you what's in my head.

So yeah! That's what I've got so far. I'm still planning on both fics and have some ideas always popping up in my head for these. Please do vote and tell me which is best. Otherwise, suggest me a plot that you think is better than these two. You never know, I might choose that instead!! Sorry for the long A/N.

PPYONG~~

--Aiyana