I don't love him

Boys over Towers 2

 

                “For ’s sake, you have no idea how worried I was!” Jongin said as he quickly stood up and met with Luhan and Sehun’s steps as they entered the mansion. Luhan just gave the boy a weary smile before heading back up to his room. Sehun winced in pain, making Jongin turn to the part his hand was rubbing to ease some pain.

                “Oh my God, did you guys...? And did you...?” Jongin asked as a horrified expression crossed his face. Sehun sighed,, still clutching unto his bottom as he walked towards the room beside Luhan’s. Jongin turned to face Kris and Tao, who were both occupying the sofa couches on the first floor.

                “Well, since that’s over, we have to get to the bottom of this.” Tao said as he leaned against the cushion, lightly clutching unto the pillow. Old man Park had left early in the morning to take care of some business in the company, and Chanyeol hadn’t come home, making the house go into panic.

                “Does Chanyeol never not come home?” Kris asked one of the maids as she laid another tray of snacks that varied in different cuisines. “Yes, Mr. Park always leaves home at exactly 7 AM and comes home at 11 PM.” The maid reported, respectfully bowing before turning back to the kitchen. Tao leaned forward to grab the bag of cookies, throwing them into his mouth as he tried to absorb the situation.

                “So, Chanyeol didn’t disappear? That old geezer tricked us, again.” Tao sighed, scrunching up the plastic in his hands before throwing it back unto the tray. Jongin  exhaustedly walked to them and sat at the free space beside Kris, thoughts a mess.

                “Seems so. Why’d he trick us? I mean, he tricks us a lot but this is a bit...”

                “Over the top?” Chanyeol said as he walked into the house, slowly removing the coat he was wearing and handing it over to one of the maids who rushed to his side. The boy stared at him, eyes wide as Chanyeol loosened the tie that felt like it was strangling him. He returned the surprised looks with an eyebrow lift.

                “Chanyeol? Wow, holy . Did you grow incredibly tall and attractive over these 5 years?” Jongin unconsciously said, jaw dropping as he stared at the tower in front of him. Chanyeol felt a smile cross his face as he reached out to ruffle the boy’s hair. “I grew 5 feet, and yeah, probably a lot more attractive.” His smile was warm enough to make even Kris squirm.

                There was a long period of silence, just the three staring Chanyeol down as he stood in front of the coffee table, a curious look on his face. “What’s wrong with you guys? Still surprised I’m not “missing”?” He joked as he grabbed a brownie off the tray and popped it into his mouth.

                “No, it’s because... You really are ing handsome.” Tao blurted out, coming to his senses not long after. Chanyeol choked on a peanut, covering his mouth as he looked back at the panda. “Wow, did Huang Zitao just call me handsome?” His deep breathy laugh resonated through the whole house, making all the maids swoon at the familiar sound.

                Chanyeol composed himself and sat on the single sofa chair, crossing his long legs as he brought out his phone. The three had gotten back to reality and were relaxing against their seats, still unaware of what they should be talking about.

                “Don’t worry; Grandpa’s coming home any minute now.” He was furiously typing something on the touch screen of his phone. The three shrugged, sighing as they quietly waited.

                A few minutes later, the old man burst through the doors, his wheelchair screeching against the newly polished floors. The three boys stood up and bowed respectfully, even after being tricked to coming to the US to “look” for Chanyeol. “Welcome back, Mr. Park.” Kris said as he lifted himself from the 90-degree bow.

                The old man threw a smile into Kris’ direction, and a frown into the still sitting Chanyeol. “Chanyeol, you didn’t come home last night.” He pouted, asking the nurse to reel him closer to the group of boys. Chanyeol was still typing stuff into his phone, ignoring the old man as he came closer.

                “I don’t need to be home all the time, I’m 25.” He sighed as he put down the black mobile and faced his grandfather. “I’m more concerned about the matter at hand though.” He turned his gaze at the three boys who had taken their seats, stiff in their stance.

                The old man sighed, discarding his arms from the arm rests and bringing them to fold across his chest. “Alright, I’ll tell them.”

                A curious look came across Kris, his head slowly leaning forward as the man looked to say something. “The reason I called everyone here is...”          

                The explanation went on for half an hour, making the boys shift uncomfortably in their seats. Chanyeol planted his gaze on the old man, making sure if he was telling the truth. Kris gripped unto Tao’s jacket; his ears all open for the words spilling out of the Old Man’s mouth to catch.

                Once the explanation was done, Jongin couldn’t help but start laughing. “Are you serious?!” He clutched his stomach, making Kris scold him for disrespecting the chairman. “Alright, alright, I’ll stop.” He composed himself again and straightened his back to lean against the sofa.

                “So, since you boys already know my intentions, I hope Chanyeol gets your full support.” The old man clasped his hands together and faced the annoyed looking Chanyeol.

                Jongin threw him a curious look, still unable to accept that fact that the frowning mess in front of him was the happy virus Chanyeol. “Since when did you make those faces? You barely got mad in highschool.” He chuckled, trying his best to life the boy’s mood. It was in vain when Chanyeol let his glare land on Jongin.

                “It’s because this is stupid! I know grandpa trusts you guys the most, but asking you to force Baekhyun into doing something he doesn’t want to is the most ridiculous thing he’s asking for!” Chanyeol said as he rubbed his temples, trying his best to relax his expression.

                “Well, you’re not really going to need to force him.” Tao said as he straightened his jacket, clearing out the wrinkles that Kris had so nicely inflicted unto him. “Baekhyun is head-over-heels in love with you.”

                Chanyeol didn’t seem to like it one bit, abruptly tapping his finger against the wooden arm rest. “The thing is, I don’t want to do it.” He bit his lip and let out an annoyed sigh.  

                “What?” Tao said with a surprised expression, his eyes widening enough to lose the intimidating stare he was famous for. “Why would you turn down little Baeky?”

                “Because... I don’t love him... anymore.”

----------------

                Baekhyun slowly opened his eyes, the bright afternoon sun greeting him as he silently stirred in his seat. He was woken up by the sound of a man speaking, making him curious at the owner of the voice.

                He made sure he looked like he still wasn’t awake, unmoving as the boy’s playful voice invaded the warm air of the freshly heated car.

                “Since you’re asleep, you won’t get to hear this but...” He slowly registered the voice, checking the records in his mind for the owner. He found a match, curiously waiting for the rest of the words that were to come out of Yixing’s mouth. He felt guilty that it seemed like it wasn’t something Yixing woold want to say out loud, and he shouldn’t be listening into it.

                “Baekhyun, I...”

                “I like you.”

                Baekhyun felt his heart skip a beat, still unmoving under the weight of the down jacket Yixing had given to him as they walked out of the hospital. He broke into a sweat as the confession that wasn’t supposed to be heard lingered in the air

                Yixing likes me? Baekhyun mentally bit his lips, hoping that he hadn’t heard the confession. He wanted to slam his head against a metal post repeatedly, mind slowly clouding from the weight of the situation he was stuck in.

                “I’m really confused. I mean, I didn’t really think of anything when I saw you when we were in highschool. I found myself falling in love with Joon Myun, but he left for Harvard. And he didn’t even contact me when he left, making me lonely all by myself. But since I was with Luhan all the time, and he’d usually exchange stories with Sehun, I always heard about you when you were in college. And I... kinda fell in love with you... that way.” He gasped for air, realizing that he had said that all in one breath.

                He feared for the loudness of his breathing, hoping that it hadn’t woken Baekhyun up. He slowly jerked his head towards Baekhyun’s direction, a sigh of relief escaping his lips when Baekhyun didn’t stir.

                “Alright, since that’s off my chest.” Yixing inhaled and waited a few minutes before waking Baekhyun up. Baekhyun acted as if he hadn’t heard anything and made his eyes look as drowsy as possible, slowly scratching them as the boy shook him awake.

                “Good Afternoon, Baekhyun. We’re home.” The boy gave a sweet smile before leaving the car. When the boy was out of the car, Baekhyun slowly placed his hand on his loudly thumping heart. He clutched his chest, whispering soothing words to calm his heart.

                “What the hell...”

                Yixing opened the door to Baekhyun’s side, making the nervous boy pour out into the cold air. He hastily stood up with Yixing’s help, the warmth of the boy’s touch making its way to Baekhyun’s hand. He immediately took back his hand, causing a curious look from Yixing.

                “I’m sorry, your hand was warm and I was surprised.” He covered, slowly dusting off the dirt from his skinny pants. The two silently made their way to the door, pausing when they heard voices on the other side.

                “...Why would you turn down little Baeky?”  Baekyhun listened in, knowing that it was Tao who had asked the question. There was a long silence, and Baekhyun felt that the heated conversation was about him.

                Then, a low booming voice penetrated the air, making Baekhyun gasp in its sound. He felt his heart flutter, his hand making for the door knob. Then the words that came out from the familiar voice hit him like a high speeding truck that beat the red light while you were still crossing the street.

                “Because... I don’t love him... anymore.” 

----------------

I'm on  my itouch right now, making it possible for me to easily proofread and fix the alignment of the story (hallelujah) but its still  highly tedious so the quality of words aren't my best right now :c

OOOooOOOoOOOohhhhHHH sorry i don't want to tell you guys Grandpa's reason yet. Imagine yourselves as Baekhyun, still unaware of the reason on why he was brought there, and why Chanyeol doesn't like him anymore (aw) (Yixing finally confessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But he doesn't  now baek heard it op lol)

ok so Chanyeol is going to be a complete in the next chapters so heads uP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dont say i didn't warn you xoxo

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!