He needs you

Boys over Towers 2

 

If you could rewind time, just to that exact moment where you felt like the world had finally sided with you, allowing you happiness and comfort, would you do it?

“Baek, it’s time to get up, I made breakfast.” There was that faint smell of coffee in the air; stinging Baekhyun’s nostrils as it infiltrated the room. The hazy smell of morning dew was heavy, making Baekhyun feel the dampness of the atmosphere soak his clothes.

“Yeah,” He said, slowly lifting himself out of the bed, one hand rubbing his right eye. “I’m up, Yixing.”

It was inevitable really. How after Baekhyun had arrived home on that day 5 years ago, how he had promised he would forget Chanyeol, and everything about him. It was painful, excruciating to wake up to an empty morning with the lingering feelings of longing.

But he got through it. Yixing came home a month later, confessing to Baekhyun as if it was the most normal thing on earth. It felt so weird, the two of them standing in Baekhyun’s college hallway. Baekhyun had just gotten out of English class, and Yixing was crowded in between a heap of girls.

He called out, and somehow managed to utter a few words. The confession was quick and loud, the girls who towed behind him hearing loud and clear.

Baekhyun couldn’t remember how he said yes, but he did.

And he was glad he did.

 

 

 

“Still looking for a job?” Yixing asks, jamming a piece of meat into his mouth. Baekhyun had moved out of his parent’s house a year ago, taking permanent residence in Yixing’s Korean apartment. It was huge and Yixing, well, insisted.

“Yeah. I feel bad if I just stay home everyday and do nothing.” Baekhyun chuckled, filling his glass with milk. He always felt safe around Yixing. Ever since he started showing kindness when Chan- uh, when that happened, it always felt warm whenever he was near.

“You know, you don’t have to. I have enough stocks from China and Korea to pay for anything you want.” He smiles, stretching out a hand to wipe off the milk that was dripping out of Baekhyun’s mouth.

The way his icy skin felt on Baekhyun’s sent tingles down his spine. It was as if he could still feel the warmth under all the night’s cold forming on his pale skin.

“Hey,” Baekhyun hisses. “Do you think doing stuff like this is going to make me like you more?”

Yixing just laughs, sitting back down on his chair to finish the food on his plate. Baekhyun’s scowl turns into a soft smile, the feeling of happiness overpowering the boy’s advances.

“Hey, not my fault for trying.” Yixing said, shrugging as he gulps down the rest of the milk from Baekhyun’s glass. Baekhyun’s mouth drops, suddenly realizing what he had just done.

“Hey! If you want milk, pour your own!” Baekhyun says, a mixture of anger and laughter in his words as he stretches an arm to grab the glass from Yixing’s hand.

Yixing jerks back, laughing as the smaller boy tries to stretch his arms further in order to compete with the taller’s arm length.

Baekhyun hadn’t realized that their faces were only inches away. Yixing just stared at his face, Baekhyun still struggling on top of him. He leans in closer, planting his lips unto Baekhyun, making Baekhyun freeze in his place over the table.

When they broke away, Baekhyun had his forehead touching Yixing’s, breathe slowing as he backed away bit by bit. “That’s unfair.”

Baekhyun liked the way Yixing treated him. He treated him as if he was the best thing that had ever happened to him, constantly checking on him when he goes out (in the non-over attached boyfriend way.)

“Sorry, you looked adorable.” He said, chuckling as he places the glass back down on the table. Baekhyun pouts, a blush of pink surfacing on his cheeks as he fumbles with the hem of his over-sized shirt.

“Well, I’m going to go to the company today. You heading out?” Yixing asks, taking his plate to the sink.

“Yeah, Kyungsoo called me up the other day and asked if we could hang.” Baekhyun says, chewing on the remnants of his plate.

Kyungsoo had been gone for a while, and getting in touch with him was enough to make Baekhyun smile. They spoke on the phone for hours, and Baekhyun had to push himself to telling him the story of his ~escapade~ with the others in America.

“Then, I’ll see you later.” Yixing says, a step down in front of the door to match Baekhyun’s height. “You’re tall now.” He chuckles, kisses Baekhyun on the forehead and flees before Baekhyun could lift his hand to smack him across the face.

 

 

 

“Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun shouts, seeing the boy emerge through the glass doors. He gives Baekhyun a knowing smile, taking light angelic strides towards his table.

“Hey.” He says, sitting down on the chair in front of Baekhyun. There was a slight awkward pause, not knowing of what exactly to talk about. They weren’t that close, to be honest.

“So, how’s it going?” He says, making Kyungsoo break into a light laugh. “Yeah, this is awkward. I’m just really glad to see you, Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun smiles back, the infectious moon from Kyungsoo forming on his face as well. “So, how’s Jongin?”

He hadn’t been in touch with anyone from the MK at all. Yixing and the MK had parted ways because he had to take up the steps of chairman for their company for his late father.

“He’s fine. He really wanted to see you too, but he has a show soon and couldn’t make it.” Kyungsoo says, looking up to the waitress who had jutted down the order before stepping away.

“So, how’s Yixing? Is he doing okay?” Now that Baekhyun thinks about it, the last time they saw Yixing was back at the funeral. It was hard for him, but Yixing didn’t cry. Baekhyun was by his side the whole time, clutching his hand.

“Yeah, he’s doing great.” The atmosphere thickened, making Baekhyun once again feel the awkwardness floating around them.

“Baek…” Kyungsoo suddenly says, gnawing at his lower lip as he turns his worried expression towards the older boy. Baekhyun his head to the side, surprised at the sudden change.

“Baek, Chanyeol’s a mess.”

Baekhyun blinks thrice, drumming the tip of his fingers on the armrest. He looks down at his lap, the feeling of his teeth chattering making its way to his bones and to his spine.

“Grandpa Park passed away on the day you left. Chanyeol had to take over the company; he had to do everything on his own. He managed to keep the profits stable but… 5 years has taken its toll.”

Baekhyun knew. He knew that on that day, Grandpa Park didn’t make it. He was invited to the funeral, but didn’t feel like he had the right. Like he wasn’t allowed to be present at all. It felt horrible, since the old man had done everything for him.

“He’s been running the company on his own, and there’s only a lot that lump of happiness can take.”

“I know this isn’t my position to say, and I know you’re dating Yixing and all but… he needs you.”

 

 

--

(woah time skip again????? And is Baekhyun together with Yixing what is happening?? Where is Taeyeon? GRANDPA PARK IS DEAD?!)

yeah im sorry about the delay oh my god writer's block!!!

So i've written chapter 12-17 but the rest are still in editing so yeah this update will do yay

Thanks for reading, commenting and subscribing!