This is Going to be Fun

Legacy

 

-----Narrator POV--------

                Mary woke up when a high pitched scream encircled the house. She rubbed her eyes tiredly as Ri El threw open her door, demanding an explanation.

“Ummm…..I’m sorry I came home late last night?” MaeRi said questioningly, confused as to what Ri El was so upset over. Ri EL scoffed when MaeRi had offered her excuse.

“MaeRi, it’s not where you were or for how long you were there that makes me upset, it’s what you were doing. I’m like you’re second mother. Knowing me for as long as you have how could you do something like this and not tell me?” Ri El looked crumbled.

“Okay, now I really have no idea what you’re talking about. I was clubbing. That’s totally normal…”

“And what were you doing at the club?” Ri El asked incredulously.

“Nothing! Just…you know…sitting in the club…”

“THEN EXPLAIN THIS!” Ri EL dramatically threw a newspaper at MaeRi, which she picked up. On the front cover was a picture of Hongki kissing…her.

After taking a moment to process what she had just seen, MaeRi’s eyes grew to the size of tennis balls, too shocked to say anything. That moment didn’t last long. “BWOH????” MaeRi flipped to the actual article and read the title out loud “One Band Member’s ‘Old Friend’ can be Another’s Girlfriend. What kind of a sick joke is this?!” She threw herself at her pillow yelling curses in Spanish.

“What happened?” Ri El asked sympathetically.

“Hongki is what happened. He was trying to prove he was right. What I want to know is how this happened!” MaeRi gesticulated towards the paper.

“I don’t know, but whatever it is, that photo does not look fake!” Ri El responded.

MaeRi rolled her eyes, “That’s because it’s not. Can you hand me the phone?” She reached for the phone as Ri El gapped at her. Ri El recovered with a shake of her head.

“Why does your pride always get ahead of you?” She mumbled, resituating herself on the bed. 

“I wish I had an answer” MaeRi answered, putting the phone to her ear.

 

------JaeJin POV-----

“Yeobosayo? MaeRi?” when I said the name all the boys gathered except Hongki and Minhwan gathered around. Hongki was still stand in the position I had left him, in shock with the newspapers in his hand in the middle of the kitchen. Minhwan was massaging his shoulders, trying to sit him down. “I was going to call you to see if everything was alright….”the boys were signaling for me to put the call on speaker, and I complied just in time for her to say she was fine. “Umm….so due to the current situation we have to have a mandatory meeting, and you have to be there...”

After a moment of silence she responded quietly, “it wasn’t supposed to be like this. No one was supposed to know. I’m sorry.” And before I could tell her that it wasn’t her fault and that none of us were upset, Hongki snorted and said quite loudly next to my phone (how he got here without me noticing I don’t know)

“Damn straight no one was supposed to find out”

With MaeRi’s response you could practically hear her eyes rolling. Full of sarcasm she said, “Oh hello bastard. Glad to know you’re still alive.” Suenghyun covered his smile and looked at me, I’m pretty sure I was looking just as amused, I mean, come on, she was the only person who talked to Hongki like that.

BASTARD?? I’m the bastard? You kissed me!”

You were talking stupid.”

You were making it obvious.”

You were dumb enough to think that.”

“If it wasn’t true, you shouldn’t have tried to prove your innocence.”

You shouldn’t have asked for proof then.”

You--”

“ENOUGH!!” I found myself yelling along with 3 other people, including Ri EL, Suenghyun  had left so that he could laugh without being heard. I took the phone from Hongki. “MaeRi-ah, I’m coming to pick you up. Be ready.”

“Whatever.” She responded and I heard the phone click as she hung up. I pointed at Hongki, no questions asked. I turned to Hongki.

“You’re coming with me.” I pointed to him and to the door.

“Shiro.” He folded himself into a ball. This whole thing had started to piss me off, and I didn’t really care what he wanted anymore. I grabbed his arm and started dragging him to the door. “Put your shoes on. Now.” I said through gritted teeth. He obeyed grumpily and as we left I heard Jonghun say, “She’s awesome.” After a short pause all three of the others said at the same time, “I like her.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Hongki’s POV--

“Hello everyone, I am Song Yoonho, the esteemed manager of FT Island!” He was met with 12 pairs of eyes thanked him for sharing brand new information to them.  He coughed “Well, I just wanted to introduce myself formally to her.” Suenghyun and MaeRi shared a look.  She held out her hand and as he shook it she said

 “Hello, I’m MaeRi.”

“Good, good. Now that we all know each other let’s get to the bottom of this little…dilemma.” Yoonho said, taking a seat. “Now these are the facts I have, Hongki and MaeRi don’t like each other, yet they share a kiss, and the media caught onto it. How does this make sense to you and not to me?” He directed his attention to me, expecting me to answer.

                “Well,” Hongki said, “MaeRi likes--”I peeked at her for a split second and saw her glaring daggers, I guess I’m too lazy to say his name, I told myself. “--…to play around. She had gone outside, and so had I. Then she had acted drunk to get me to say I was drunk. ” This story was complete crap. Hopefully they’ll believe me at take the bait. “She tripped and fell on me. The end.” I glanced nervously around, no one looked fooled and Maeri had her head in her hands, shaking it.

Suenghyun, of course, looked at me. “She fell on you.”

“Yup”

“On your lips.”

“Yup.” I wrung my hands. He’s getting somewhere.

“And you two managed to stay standing?” I stopped. Dammit. He wasn’t supposed to be so smart. He gave his attention towards MaeRi who looked bored now. She had given up. Why had she left me by myself? She was part to blame too. Suenghyun asked her directly “Is it true?” She shrugged as if to say, “What can I say, weirder things could have happened.” Everyone was silent. It was awkward.

“Okayyyy. We have two options. We could go with their… story, or we could say that they were actually drunk. Both will ruin both of your images and will cause a tremendous drop.” MaeRi had snorted when he said our images would get ruined. What was she implying? That mine was already ruined. I don’t care anymore. I rolled my eyes dramatically in her direction.

MaeRi rubbed her eyes tiredly and sighed. Everyone looked at her. “Or we could act as a public couple.” Everyone paused. Except me. Why would she say that? Is she stupid? I would never date her! Yoonho had started nodding as if it were a good idea.

“YAH!” I jumped up and pointed at her “I wouldnever date you!” I heard the boys groan. Minhwan rubbed his temples and Jaejin agitatedly set his head on the palm of his hand. MaeRi rolled her eyes.

“Do you not have ears? PUBLIC couple. PRETEND. I would never date you anyways!”

“Well, whatever! Why would we keep dating?!”

“Because I care enough about FT Island, that I don’t want it to fall just because you were dumb!”

I was being dumb? You bluffed!”

You questioned me!”

“You still bluffed!”

“I did NOT! Everything I said was true, and my actions proved me right.”

“Those were all fake too! You bluffed.”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

“Did not!”

“Did too!”

--JaeJin’s POV—

While they were still bickering, Yoonho leaned towards me, “Are they always like this?” I nodded tiredly; they were like little children in that sort of way.  He stood up and broke the two apart. “Okay, okay, okay. We have three options. Who votes one or two.” Hongki raised his hand high. Retard. “Who votes 3?” 6 hands shot up, mine included and Hongki stared at us, as if we were betraying him.

“Sorry Hongki, no one wants it…except maybe Suenghyun, it’s just for the best.” Jonghun reasoned. Hongki snorted.

“Okay, so from today you two are going public as a couple who has fallen in love since Jaejin introduced you two a year ago. Now go have lunch together” Yoonho walked out. HOnkgi folded his arms across each other and glared at maeri. She stuck her tongue out at him. He huffed, grabbed my arm and walked towards the door. She interlocking her arm with Suenghyun's arm and ran to cut in front of us at the door, dragging Suenghyun along, she reached first, and purposely shut the door in his face. I looked back at Jonghun. We were both thinking the same thing--This is going to be fun.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------YAY!!! FINALLY AN UPDATE! Sorry guys. i have just been so busy and lazy! I'll try harder from now on to update sooner. and please comment. those are helpful. thanks  kpoprox9764 for subscribing. it means the world to me!