Friends of Old

Legacy

 

 
"You speak Korean?" he whispered into her ear while they were still hugging. 

"Neh"

"Good. Then play along for just a little more.'' They stopped hugging and he smiled, still holding her arms, "Why didnt you tell me you were in Korea? I was just on my way to send you a present!" He pulled out the bag with the gift for his noona and put the earmuffs on her head. "Perfect."

His fans were already taking pictures and whispering. The es were long gone. She looked around before smiling up to him and saying,"I wanted my visit to be a surprise hyung, but i guess its the exact opposite!"
 
"Where are you staying?"
 
"Ri El's house"
 
"I'll make sure you get there safely. Kaja?"
 
"mm" As the fans made way for her and Jaejin, she could hear their whispers, "AWW! She's soo lucky!" "Did anyone know he had american friends?" "She looks wierd" ""SHHH! i think they look cute together, even if they are friends!" She smiled, she only knew Jaejin because she was his HUGE fan. He didnt even know her name. Please, with my face and hair next to his, we didnt even look reasonable. With his black bowl-cut next to her shoulder-length pink hair, they looked more like an oddball couple. 
 
When they were far enough form the fangroup, she took off the earmuffs and thanked him before continueing walking. She would never ever see him again.
 
"WAIT" She turned to find Jaejin running to catch up to where she was. "I said i would take you to Ri El's house safety, and so i will"
 
"Aww, arent you the perfect gentleman?"
 
"I try to be" he chuckled
 
"Well then i'm Mae Ri, its nice to meet you Jaejin" she said offering out her hand, which he shook. 
 
"I'm surprised at the simplicity of your name, your style is...contradictory to it"
 
She shrugged her shoulders and gave him the address that Ri El had directed her too "i have no idea where I'm going"
 
"This isnt too far, let's walk"
 
after some distance, she asked, "So who were the earmuffs really for?"
 
"My noona,for her birthday, but i guess you can have them now."
 
"That's not what i meant at all! I dont want to take your noonas gift!"
 
"I know, but pictures of you wearing them will be seen, so it'll make me look bad if I give her a gift that was 'mean't for you'," he looked down at her and smiled, "so just please accept it."
 
She looked at the ground,"I'm sorry."
 
He looked to see if she meant it, "Are you really?"
 
"Of course i am! i'll help you get a new gift to show my sincerity."
 
"Really?" she nodded, "Great cuz here's a great store." He opened teh door to the store where he had bought the earmuffs. She looked around, and started pulling stuff out of the shelfs looking everything over. "So your noona likes cute things?"
 
"i dont know, all i know is i like her with cute things, because my noona is the cutest of them all!" She raised her eyebrows ant him, for some reason she had a feeling he was be biased. 
 
"In that case, i think i found the perfect gift" she said as she pulled out a miniature china tea set.He smiled at the thought of his noona opening it. 
 
After making the purchase, they continued walking. "what made you come to Korea?"
 
"Umm...school. I want to major as a language expert so i decided to study abroad for a little while"
 
"what languages do you know currently? What are your hobbies? sorry for all the questions, its just that i find you intriguing" he smiled apologetically. 
 
"thats okay, i enjoy answering questions. I speak English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, French, and Swahili-so far- i plan on learning more :). My hobbies include and are not limited to: avidly sleeping, drawing, singing, dancing, writing....oh! and eating, i love food!.....and thats all i can come up with."
 
"Wow, you plan on learning more?"
 
"Why not?" she asked confused, ti was her passion, and she never understud why people didnt understand her want to learn to communicate with other people across the world.
 
"you sing?"
 
"in my spare time:)"
 
"wow...youre pretty amazing"they continued to walk in silence until Jaejin stopped. "we're here."
 
She gave the door a good look, took in a dream breath of air,and rang the doorbell.
 
"Annyeonghaseyo?" came the voice form the other end. "Its me, Mae Ri." After a short squeal the door flew open and Ri El came out hugging her and screaming about how much she had missed her. three children were giggling at the womens feet. It feels so good to see them Mae Ri thought as she bent to hug all the children. Ri El took this time to notice Jaejin, who had stood waiting to say goodbye to Mae Ri. 
 
"Omo, arent you a member of that one group......FT flower, or something?"she asked snapping her fingers, Mae Ri giggled and looked to see Jaejins reaction. He smiled. 
 
"FT island ajimma."
 
"ajimma, chincha! I'm not that old!"all three of them laughed
 
"Well, i only came along to make sure Mae Ri came safetly"
 
"and so she has."
 
"neh, i better get going then. See you later Mae Ri"
 
"Or maybe not, but thank you by the way for everything" they shook hands and Jaejin started towards the gate
 
"You two remind me of old friends meeting after not seeing eachother for a long time" Ri El said as she walked inside with the children. Mae Ri smiled at this, she had felt the connection as well. She turned and saw Jaejin waving at her from the gate, she waved back and turned to walk inside, what a nice gentleman, i'm glad i chose to like him the best a long time ago.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
*what do you think so far? and don't worry this is a story about HONGKI and MAE RI, all in good time