Told You So

Legacy

--Mae Ri’s POV—

 

I am so pissed off right now.  “You never told me that we were going to your sister’s birthday party to eat.”

“You didn’t not know it was today, we even went shopping for it yesterday, remember?”

“Didn’t mean I knew I was invited.”

“I didn’t know it would be such an issue, if anything consider it free food.”

“I already di…..That’s not the point! I didn’t know I would meet your family!”

“Like it would have made a difference, you wouldn’t have changed anything about you, because you don’t care what people think about you, and my family loves you anyways. So there.” Jaejin smiled to me.

I was about to tell him that I did indeed care what people thought about me, but before I could the HongKi came and interrupted.

“If you two l-” I glared at him, he was not going to call us lovebirds, he smirked, man that smirk is SOOO ANNOYING. “-lovely best friends are done having your little best friend spat, then if you best friends, want to join us than we’re planning on going clubbing. “

“Hyung, why do you emphasize that we’re best friends, are you jealous? Because I can have more than 1 best friend. ” Jaejin innocently asked, how could he seriously not understand what Hongki meant? I decided to play along; the look on Hongki’s face was too precious.

“Yeah oppa, are you jealous?” I asked, acting with pure innocence radiating from my face.

Hongki stared at us, closing and opening his mouth, he just stood there, so shocked. He looked at me; I was on the verge of laughing out loud.

“I am not jealous.” He turned and practically ran away. Afterwards, Jaejin turned to me and we both burst into laughter.

“That was fun,” he said, getting up and wiping a tear that had escaped his lovely eyes”, we should really get going now” he offered me his hand, a helped me get up. I gave him a thankful smile as I put on my coat. I hate clubbing.

 

----------------AT the CLUB---------Narrator’s POV---------

 

 

 Everyone had started dancing the moment they had arrived, save Hongki and MaeRi.  MaeRi had found a table, where everyone dumped their coats. She sat and looked around, Hongki went to the bar, he wasn’t about to sit with her.

 After a while of being alone, MaeRi had fallen asleep.  Curled up in a little ball, with her hands on top of her knees.

 

--Hongki’s POV--

………….I’m so bored…………………………………………..

………………………………………………………

………………………I’M SOOO BORED!..........................

To preoccupy my mind, I started thinking about the evening; I don’t know why I suggested clubbing, when it was SOOO boring for me. And then I had to go tell the lovebirds that we were going clubbing. Hah! They thought I was jealous of their relationship.  I AM NOT JEALOUS. I just want her to understand one thing, Jaejin was, is, and will be MINE. He’s MY best friend. And she CANT have him. Wasn’t it enough that met him? Why did they have to discuss things and be ‘best friends’? Even though in her case I honestly believe it’s more……speaking of her…where is she?

He searched the room and found her asleep at the table he last left her at.

 She had FALLEN ASLEEP. ASLEEP.  How dare she fall asleep, when I made the plans to go clubbing? When I invited her?

He took a swig of his beer, set it down and headed towards her.

I’m going to fix this issue with her once and for all.

 

--Narrator POV—

“Yah! Who do you think you are falling asleep here?!” he yelled at her, shaking her so he would have her attention.  She glared up at him through her bangs, and with the lighting, she looked like the grudge, coming to take his soul. He jumped back when she had woken up.

“What?”

“Umm…”  He didn’t know what to say, he was still pretty jarred.

“What. Do. You. Want? Because if you woke me up to say something, I assure you, you have my complete attention.”  She continued to glare at him, aware of how she might look.

“Nothing…I don’t want anything..” he sat across from her, scared that if he blinked, she’d attack him.

“Then you just wanted to say hi? How kind of you.” She stretched her tense muscles.

-Geez, she’s really good at falling asleep, and really bad at waking up- he thought as he relaxed, noticing that the worst of her behavior was over. ”I don’t need to say hi to you.”

“Then what was the purpose of waking me up?”

“I couldn’t understand why someone would go to sleep in the middle of a club, and frankly it pissed me off, I mean, if you’re not going to dance, you should at least drink! It doesn’t make sense that someone would go to a club and sleep.”

“You know, you’re right.” Hongki was shocked that she was the one who said that. “But,” he knew that she truly didn’t agree with him, he rolled his eyes. “I am a guest. I have enough decency and respect to do what my host wants to do. Therefore, I will go clubbing if my host, Jaejin, wants me too, he asked for me to spend the day with you guys, so I do what he wants me to do.”

Hongki snickered, “That still doesn’t explain why you won’t drink and dance.”

She shrugged her shoulders “I can’t dance, and I don’t drink.” She said simply.

“”Does somebody have a weak stomach?” He said, mocking her. She rolled her eyes at him, to show her distaste for his attitude.

“No, I just don’t drink.” At that moment, the rest of the group came back at to the table, to rest their overworked bodies.

“So what’s going on over here?” Suenghyun asked, draping his arm around MaeRi’s shoulder while grabbing a beer. Jaejin sat on the opposite side of her and knock Suenghyuns hand down, replacing it with her own. Of course, she blushed. The lighting prevented it from being seen, but Hongki knew, just by the look on her face.  He turned his attention to Suenghyun, intending to answer his question.

“Nothing was going on here. Because someone has a weak stomach, so they couldn’t even drink with me, even out of respect of being a friend of the host.”

MaeRi had had enough. She stood up, looking at Hongki. “WILL YOU JUST DROP IT? GOD! IS IT SUCH A CRIME IF I DON’T WANT TO DERANGE MY BODY AND MIND BY NOT DRINKING? ISNT IT ENOUGH THAT I WASN’T HAVING FUN BEING HERE?! WHY THE HELL DOES IT MATTER TO YOU IF I HAVE RESPECT FOR JAEJIN AND NOT FOR YOU? DO YOU REALLY HAVE TO BE SUCH A  HUGE...”

 “A huge what?” he intercepted. “Please tell me, a huge what?” He wasn’t about to let her win this one.

“A huge . D-I-C-K.” She bowed to Jaejin and stormed away, towards the door.

 

 

-----Hongki’s POV-----------

 Wow, she’s mad.

“What the hell did you do to her hyung!?”

“I didnt do anything! Its not my fault! She’s overreacting!” I looked around for some support, but they were all glaring at me. Thanks team.

“She is my friend!” Jaejin was in my face, yelling at me. And trust me jaejin she wants to be more than your friend. “If you hurt her, I will never forgive you.” That struck deep. Jaejin is my best friend, and I was his. But then some American comes in and now he wont stand up for me? Hell no. I grabbed his arm to stop him from going to her. I have to stop this anyway I can.

“Don’t go. I’ll go.” He glared at me, making it obvious he didn’t agree with that. “I thought about what you said. I truly have. I think I have to go apologize.” He stared at me until his sister said that it would probably be best if I went and apologized before anyone talked to her. He looked at me, warning me , and let go. I sighed in relief as I left the club through the side door MaeRi had exited through. I saw her. She was just sitting there, on a bench, looking at the sky. Her face solemn. That’s weird. I had expected tears, but there were none. Time to end the existence of MaeRi in FT Island’s life I thought as I walked towards her.

“What the hell did you come here for? I left to make you happier.” She said without looking at me I sat down next to her.

“Well, Jaejin was pretty mad that I made you angry, so he wanted me to apologize.” She smiled upon hearing that Jaejin cared for her. All according to plan. She looked at me.

“ You have no intention of apologizing, so just get to the point.” Fine, she asked for it.

“You like him.”

She looked so shocked, so innocent, I wish I had a camera. “I….I….I DO NOT!” She said defensively, still personifying pure scared shock. Haha. I found her secret.

“Yes. You do.”

“I really don’t.” she began fiddling with her hands. This was not according to plan. She  was supposed to agree, promise never to return, and then disappear. Time to think of a new plan.

“Prove it.” I said looking into an alley, as if it were supposed to give me inspiration on what to do.

“How?” She practically begged. Holy …what to say?

“Kiss me” I heard myself saying, God, why did I sound sooo desperate? I looked at her, to see her reaction she was looking at her hand, folded neatly in her lap...”err, just kidding, you don’t actually have to…” I was cut off by her lips attacking mine, after a couple of seconds she started nipping my bottom lip, trying to get me to open my mouth. Just as I was about to she let go. She looked at me, and I tried to control my features.  I must look stupid, cuz she smirked and said 3 words.

“Told you so.” She got up and walked away.

Damn.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kay guys, i finally updated, i hope its long and good enough! I'm sorry, i just am SOOO burdened with school work, i have 2 AP classes and an internet class soo....SORRY!