Holding Pinkies

Legacy

---MaeRi’s POV---

No, no, no, and no. There is no way that I’m going to actually hold his hand and act like I live for that connection. I don’t care what command from HQ is. It’s just not possible.

 

I watched Hongki’s face drain as Jaejin told him the news of how we were supposed to get to the restaurant. We had recently been ordered to act like a real couple, hold hands laugh and all that crap, while we progressed to find lunch. His face furrowed as if he was trying to comprehend something and then as realization hit him (he’s an idiot, so it takes awhile) he started to shake his head violently. I guess I was mirroring him, because Suenghyun took one look at me and one look at Hongki, whispered something to Minhwan and the both laughed, Minhwan shaking his head in agreement to whatever it was that was said between the two.

 

“I’m not going to hold his hand. “ I stated. Everyone looked at me like they had expected this and I was just simply saying already known information.

 

“Well good, because I’m not going to hold you’re hand.” Hongki stuck his tongue out at me. What an immature little prick.

 

“You guys could just hold pinkies.” Everyone stared at Minhwan.

 

“What kind of a stupid suggestion was that?” Jonghun asked him, relating all of our thoughts out loud.

 

“Well, I was just thinking, since they don’t want to hold hands they can hold pinkies, its appropriate because it requires very minimal contact yet it still looks cute.” We continued to stare at him. Getting nervous he started rubbing his hands together. “You know, in a very cute couple way.”

 

“I’m just surprised Minhwan was the one who came up with the good idea.” Suenghyun said, turning to Jaejin. And it was a good idea; the only issue was that it was still Hongki I had to touch.

 

“It’s a great idea Minhwan,” I was shocked to not hear my voice say those words, but Hongki’s voice, “the only issue is I still have to touch her.” In the corner of my eye I saw Jaejin rub his temples. I don’t want anyone to be too effected by mine and Hongki’s dislike towards one another.

 

I grabbed Minhwan’s hand and interlocked our pinkies, and headed towards the door, swinging our arms. Minhwan was too stunned to do anything but follow my lead. We had almost made it to the door when my hand and Minhwan’s were separated and someone replaced Minhwan’s pinkie with their hand, enveloping my hand in warmth. I turned and saw Jaejin next to me, smiling down at me. Oh! His smile! Before I could respond, my left hand was tugged on and I saw Suenghyun, Jonghun, and Minhwan arguing who was going to hold it. Jaejin and I started laughing at them/

 

“Alright I get the point!” we heard from behind us. Jaejin let go of my hand and the boys stopped fighting. Hongki gingerly interlocked my right and his left pinkie. He wasn’t looking at me and he was mumbling something incoherent. I pinched his cheek just for the heck of it and he was about to argue but he blushed instead. I turned to the boys who had started following us outside. I winked and smiled at them. My plan had worked.