chapter 9

Poor Prince

 

Chapter 9

 

 

The very next day Kyungsoo was ready to go to his first day of work in the Oh household with all his 'girlie' attributes. Luhan demanded to have a full report on what he was going to wear, and so half willingly Kyungsoo picked up the sassy designer's phone call.

"What did you choose to wear, sweetie?" Luhan asked -demanded- him by phone.

"Mmmm.... clothes?" Kyungsoo hesitatedly answered. too bad his room had its own phone number, otherwise he could've escaped the scary socialite.

 

He was only in his undergarments when Luhan called. Kyungsoo was wearing color tank top and tights, the ones specifically picked by Luhan the fashion expertise for him. Luhan had made Kyungsoo promise to wear them, telling the boy that it would be a waste of money if he didn't wear things that he had bought, practically with his own money, absolutely not for free (Luhan knew how to push Kyungsoo's buttons in the right places the minute he sniffed the boy's moneyless aura - and he happily used it anytime he wanted to get what he wanted). Always remember: Lulu gets what Lulu wants.

"Which one?" The response came in a sharp, suspicious tone.

Kyungsoo could imagine Luhan narrowed his eyes at him. "Umm, shirt and jeans," he replied as he ran his eyes over the clothes he had picked up randomly.

"Which one?" Luhan repeated his question, with a tint of venomous tone.

 

Kyungsoo was flabbergasted. To him clothes were just something he wore to cover up his body; they were not something he should pay attention at.

"Mmmm..." he desperately tried to describe the things he would be wearing. "Blue shirt long sleeves with buttons... cat pattern... and..umm... jeans?" Kyungsoo ended his supposedly a statement with a slightly raised voice.

"Which one, dear?" Luhan hissed as if he was gritting his teeth while smiling forcefully.

Kyungsoo was in panic. He could sense that he would be in great danger - as in seeing Lulu appear in front of his door, bringing him even more obnoxious outfits - if he didn't answer the question well.

 

"Jeans... ummm... with two pockets at the front... a vertical line... grey?" He frantically ran his eyes over the clothes, squeezing his brain out to describe them for Luhan. This was the most difficult test Kyungsoo had ever had in his whole life. Fortunately Luhan could encode his rambles quite well.

"Ah. Miu Miu blue Uniqlo shirt, for men I must add. No fun. I just added it the last minute, as a precaution if you want to wear something uni. And Pierre Balmain jeans is just booooring!"

"No, I really don't need it Lulu!" Kyungsoo responded in panic.

"Huh. Need what baby?"

"S-." Kyungsoo answered in a small voice, barely able to be heard. The poor boy was so embarrassed, having to say the word . His face turned crimson red.

Luhan froze. He tended his trembling hand handling his phone, fighting the urge to rush to where the little one lived and kidnapped him for good. "Sweety... shhhh, stop being so cute. Lulu needs to have his mind clear here."

"But I'm not cute!" The (cute) boy protested.

"Shhhh."

Kyungsoo stopped right away. Better not make Lulu mad.

 

"Now do as I say. Grab the M M Six Trompe L'oeil shirt and McQueen's bleach spray jeans," Luhan commanded sternly.

"Huh?" Kyungsoo was pretty much lost in translation.

Luhan breathed deeply. "The shirt with the huge metal fridge picture, dear. And the spray paint printed jeans."

Kyungsoo hurriedly went to search the clothes meant by Luhan, keeping the phone to his ear by pressing it to his shoulder. He rummaged through the huge pile of clothing and tried to find the said items. His eyes were as wide as saucer pans when he finally got them. He clutched his phone and cried out his objection,

"But the shirt will make me look like I want to be... opened, and I'm gonna look like I just sat on wet paint with the jeans. People will stare at my !"

"Exactly."

 

And that was the end of their discussion.

 

 

***

 

 

Kyungsoo stood in front of Sehun wearing the outfit Luhan had shoved on him. Clothes that screamed 'Open me up. Look at my ' loudly Sehun lost his ability to speech. He mustered up all the gentleman-ness in him not to stare at Kyungsoo's (at least for too long), which was pin-pointed, marked, and circled by the spray paint printed jeans he wore, as if everyone hadn’t paid their attention at the particular area to begin with. Sehun really didn't know if he should ask Kyungsoo to change or to continue gawking at Kyungsoo.

 

"What do you wear, exactly?" Sehun asked after - sort of - regaining his senses back.

"Luhan," Kyungsoo answered gloomy. "Let's go, don't waste more time. I don't want to be late in my first day." 
Kyungsoo wrapped his hand around Sehun's arm and dragged him out of their dorm.

"But your outfit..."

 

 

***

 

They took the school's limo to get to Sehun's home. Sehun knitted his eyebrows as he saw a big bundle of clothe -floral pattern- beside Kyungsoo, tied neatly with some kind of big loop on the top. "What is that thing?" He pointed his finger to the questionable bundle.

"My clothes," Kyungsoo replied calmly.

"I know it contains your clothes, but should it be a cloth bundle like that? You looked like a hobo."

"But it's easy to carry, look, I just need to slip my hand into the loop, and voila! I can carry it easily on my shoulder." Kyungsoo slipped in his hands, put the bundle over his shoulder and struck a pose, smiling all smugly at Sehun.

"Don't voila me. It's ugly," Sehun commented, un-amused at the presentation.

"You sound like Lulu," Kyungsoo snorted with a laugh.

"I certainly do not," Sehun snapped back. To be compared to the fashion addict had injured his pride.

"Yes you do." Kyungsoo laughed, clapping his hands like a seal.

"Do not!"

They kept arguing like two kindergarteners the rest of the way.

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo looked out the car's window in confusion when he sensed the limo starting to slow down. He saw nothing that resembled a house; all he could see was tall, long brick wall on the side of the road.

"Why is the car slowing down? Is there any trouble with the engine?" He gave Sehun a questioning look.

"We have arrived," Sehun answered shortly.

"To where?" Kyungsoo was genuinely confused. He squinted his eyes to find something looked like a house, but he found nothing; only a painfully long wall of bricks could be seen within his sight range.

Sehun stared at Kyungsoo with his famous judging gaze. "My family home. What else?"

"But where," Kyungsoo whined.

Sehun sighed. He pointed to the walls of bricks. "There. All the area behind those walls is within my family's territory."

"Oh."

 

The limo was still running for a while before it stopped in front of a grand gate, which was the main entrance of Oh household. The gate opened up automatically to let the car to get in. Kyungsoo looked around in awe. He felt like he was brought to the past, to the era where the royalties once lived.

 A little further away from the road, he could see small circular ponds and larger ponds with islands within them, beautified with beautiful gazebos and water fountains. He could not wait to observe everything closer. Ponds meant fish, and Kyungsoo loved fish, especially the edible ones.

 

The limo stopped at the entrance, and its chauffeur hurriedly opened the door for them, courteously allowing them to exit of the black ride. They were welcomed by red wooden pillars that stood up proudly, decorated with numerous sculptures that were carved so detailed, depicting with imaginary and real animals - deers, pandas, owls, and dragons.

Maids lined up at each side of the gate, bowing their heads respectfully at the two of them. They wore the similar hanbok Kyungsoo had tucked nicely inside his bundle. Sehun walked efficiently, nodding at the maids shortly and proceeded his way in, followed by Kyungsoo, who bowed back at the maids every few steps.

 

"Come, Kyungsoo, you better change your outfit first before I show you around." Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo's 'open me up' outfit, trailing his gaze over Kyungsoo a little too long before throwing his attention elsewhere.

Kyungsoo looked at his outfit and nodded. It's not professional to wear them at workplace.

They passed maids who were all wearing traditional hanbok, bowing their heads and holding their steps until Sehun and Kyungsoo had passed through.

 

Sehun strode across the hall and didn't give Kyungsoo time to look around. Kyungsoo badly wanted to stop and take a look, when they passed an enormous corridor decorated with paintings of a bunch of people dressed in traditional Korean attire; all were look alike, wearing the same stoic expression. Kyungsoo assumed that they were Sehun's ancestors. Sehun does get the family trait. The boy giggled at the thought, throwing a quick glance at stoic faced Sehun. Earning a suspicious glare, Kyungsoo offered a cheeky grin.

Sehun lead Kyungsoo to a large wooden door. He opened the door and gestured Kyungsoo to go inside. The room was a luxurious modern chamber, yet oozing a Korean, traditional royalty feeling with its intricate design of a gold and red color combination. Sehun nudged his head toward a hand-carved wooden partition in the corner of the room, showing Kyungsoo a place to change his outfit.

 

Kyungsoo chirped happily as he put on his maid attire, "I always want to do this."

"Do what? Wear girl's clothes?"

"No, silly! Role playing!" Kyungsoo giggled cheerfully.

"I love watching historical dramas. Sometimes I wonder how it would feel like to live in the past," Kyungsoo chimed in excitement.

 

Before Sehun could give a reply, a hand was placed on the side of the partition, followed by its owner who was peeking from behind, smiling so brightly his eyes turned into crescent shapes. Kyungsoo, dressed really beautifully in his pastel color hanbok, ran toward Sehun, startling the taller male. The boy dropped his body on the floor dramatically, covering his face with his wide sleeves.

"What did I do wrong? Why must everyone treat me this way? I will not start over. My mother and you now have left me. No matter what, I will never follow your orders again," he wailed in a really sad tone.

"Uh. What?" Sehun was deadpanned, bewildered because of the unexpectedness.

Sehun certainly wasn't expecting  what came afterward; Kyungsoo stood up all of a sudden and barged toward him, his braided hair was bouncing as he ran. The boy hugged Sehun tightly, successfully making the latter stiffen.

"Run! The seven stars... The Gaeyang's keeper?! Abandon such trifling delusions, and run far away. This... is my last shred of compassions for you," Kyungsoo whispered softly in Sehun's ear.

 

Sehun was too flabbergasted to say anything, heck he could barely breathe. He stared at the boy who was trying to act as malicious as possible. Before Sehun could digest what was happening, apparently Kyungsoo had decided to move on to another role. He wound his tiny arms around Sehun and rested his head on the broad chest. Kyungsoo slowly raised his head, staring at the taller male with a loving gaze, smiling gracefully.

"Come as the wind. Come as the rain. I shall be the rain like you. I long to fall asleep and awake in your arms. I love you."

Finally his last string of sanity snapped, and Sehun couldn't hold himself back. Cupping Kyungsoo's cheeks with one hand, he leaned closer, eyes did not leave the boy's succulent lips. His other hand grasped the boy's slim waist, pulling Kyungsoo toward him.

Sehun's sudden move had caught Kyungsoo off guard. He could feel Sehun's breath ghosting over his lips. Kyungsoo's eyes widened. Pinkish tints slowly formed on his cheeks, making him to look even more beautiful in Sehun's eyes.

 

Their lips would've met with the slightest movement, but then,

"What is this!" An upset, accusing voice came from the open door.

 

 

 

 

.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A/n

Kyungsoo was roleplaying some famous Korean historical drama;

1. As Dae Jang geum in Jewel in the Palace

2. Mishil's line in Dong Yi

3. Hwang Jini's love confession. Hwang Jini is a famous Korean Gisaeng in the past