chapter 13

Poor Prince

 

 

Chapter 13

 

 

Kyungsoo huffed and got up from the comfortable grass. Sehun was nowhere to be seen. It would be forever a mystery how Sehun managed to disappear from his sight so fast despite his seemingly effortless nonchalant walk. Being a tower had its perks. He would have to catch Sehun later, to give him a lecture or two about role playing rules.

The boy unconsciously brought his hand to his lips, his fingers slowly trailed onto the surface. A rosy scarlet color spread over his cheeks as he was thinking about what had just touched his lips a few minutes before. He squeaked and slapped his cheeks in distress.

Kyungsoo let out a soft cry. Sehun was too innocent, he didn't know about role playing rules at all. He could not blame Sehun for that. He would've told Sehun beforehand, if only he had known Sehun had the same interest as him.

 

Grumbling, he patted his chima to clear grass stain on his bottom. He bent over to grab the fish food jar and his precious rice cakes box. Slipping his feet into his low-rise shoes, he then walked back into the Oh Residence.

 

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo loved to do house chores, to make everything sparkling and pretty. Humming a wordless tone of Pororo the Little Penguin song, he was absorbed in his work. He swept the wooden floor with a soft-bristled broom, thoroughly inspecting for any dust spot. They didn't own any vacuum cleaner there; Master Oh said that electrical appliances would only scratch the surface of the hardwood floor that had managed to attain an age of 300 years with a perfectly good shape.

 

The boy nodded in satisfaction. He had gone through all of the wooden-floored halls and made sure all the floor surface dust-free. He was just about to dilute a small part of cleaning agent into a bucket of distilled water, when another maid approached him and informed that Master Oh would like to meet him in the Sarangbang, the main room where the Oh leader often held his meeting.

Kyungsoo's eyes shone, showering Mrs. Im with so much thankfulness when she offered him to continue his work. Mrs. Im laughed and ruffled his locks playfully. "Just go already, I'll take care from here," she said as she grabbed the mob from the boy's hand.

Kyungsoo nodded. He smiled at the senior maid so bright he created small pillows beneath his eyes, which made the middle-aged woman squealed like a teenage girl in a boygroup concert. She screamed without a sound, covering to control her feels. Without the boy realized, he had his own fanbase within the household.

 

 

***

 

"Get in, Soo Kyung," Master Oh welcomed him in a deep voice.

 

Kyungsoo complied and solemnly went into the room. He cocked his head questioningly. The boy didn't expect to see anyone else beside master Oh there. Looking around, Kyungsoo smiled at Aunty and Uncle Oh. They cracked a stern smile without saying anything. His smile faltered, a frown formed between his brows. Has he done anything wrong? Kyungsoo unconsciously chewed his upper lip -- a strange high-pitched sound resonated in Mrs. Oh's throat.

Master Oh shot his in-law a warning glance before returning his attention back to Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo asked his master unsurely, "Do you need me, master?"

 

"Wait," Master Oh replied shortly.

 

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip nervously. He was not scared but his masters' behavior confused him. They made him wonder if he had done something wrong. Maybe Master Oh wants his rice-cake balls back. The boy frowned sadly at the thought.

 

A moment later Sehun came inside the room and calmly walked toward his grandfather, his expression was nonchalant. He threw a glance at Kyungsoo briefly before greeting his grandfather.

"I was told that you wanted to see me, grandpa."

 

Master Oh brushed off his grandson's greeting. He narrowed his eyes, sweeping his gaze over Kyungsoo and Sehun with an unrelenting look in his eyes (sadly earning a flat expression from his grandson and a dense look from the significantly smaller one).

 

Squinting his eyes, he drilled his bone-chilling glare into Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo tilted his head, his large eyes widened quizzically.

Master Oh sent a venomous stare. Kyungsoo's head cocked even more, his eyes were barely blinking, waiting with anticipation. If Kyungsoo was a puppy he would've perked up his ears, wagging his tail slowly (more like moving his tail from side to side. Maltese has a curled up tail, its tail doesn't wag low to the ground like Golden Retriever's).

 

Master Oh shot a sharp glare-oh who's am I fooling, the kid is just too dense, he groaned inside. He cleared his throat with a grunt.

 

"A reliable source saw the two of you kissing. Care to explain?" He asked flatly.

Kyungsoo shrieked, flailing his arms in panic, "No, Master Oh it's not true!"

"Yes it is. I happened to be the reliable source, and there's nothing wrong with my eye-sight," Master Oh monotonously replied.

"But, you see master, this was all a misunderstanding-"

"Were you two sitting near the gazebo by the pond?" Master Oh cut the boy's explanation.

"Yes but-"

"Were you kissing?"

"No, Master Oh-"

"Are you implying that I am lying?"

"No, but-"

"You two were kissing then?"

"Yes, but-" Master Oh raised a hand. "I've heard enough," he sternly said.

 

Kyungsoo breathed deeply. It seemed like he would get fired. Sehun had chosen the worst possible timing to do a role play, and his choice of scene certainly was not helpful at all. The boy huffed. At least he could get rid of his cover if he lost the job. Kyungsoo smiled sadly. He really did enjoy working for the Oh Household.

 

Kyungsoo was not aware that four pairs of eyes were staring at him intensely, studying his reaction.

 

"So you do admit that I see no wrong?" Master Oh asked, breaking the boy's thought.

"Yes, master," Kyungsoo replied weakly. There was no need to defend himself at this rate, because decision had been made upon him. It should not difficult for him to find a new jo-

 

"I cannot let you two ruining our family's name. We treat every intimate contact really serious; in fact, our family members are not allowed to have the first kiss before the wedding night."

A suspicious blush crept over Mrs. Oh's cheeks. (She and her husband were not exactly innocent souls before they got married.) Master Oh glared at her, and she threw away her eyes at instance.

"Therefore the two of you should be wedded as soon as you're mature enough. For now, an engagement should be acceptable. The date would be settled soon."

 

"I understand, master. I will pack my belongings right away..." Kyungsoo's voice trailed away and stopped. There was something off... His eyes widened in horror once he was able to digest what he just had heard.

Kyungsoo's face drained of all colors, turning ashen.

"N-NO...!!!" The boy shrieked.

Master Oh raised an eyebrow. "No? Were you not kissing then?"

"W-Well, yes, but-"

"It's settled then."

 

Kyungsoo's face turned as pale as winter. There was no way he would marry Sehun because of a miss-understanding. "B-but," he stammered, "But I'm a male, master...!" He squeaked. He brought his hands to his braided hair and held a braid on each hand, clasping them firmly in his small palms. "Wait, I will show you, master," he said in panic, pulling his braided hair tight.

"Ouch, it hurts...!" Kyungsoo cried, but he kept pulling at his braided hair, and each failed attempt made the boy panic even more. "Oh my God, ouch!"

"S-Sehun-ah!" Kyungsoo ran toward Sehun with hands still clutching his hair tightly.

"H-help me, I cannot get rid of the hair oh my God am I turning into a girl? Oh dear God Sehun-ah help me!" Tears were threatening to spill from Kyungsoo's glazy eyes.

 

Sehun circled his arms around Kyungsoo from behind and pulled the panicking boy toward him. He held Kyungsoo firmly against his chest, covering his palms over the smaller ones. He gently unclasped the hands clutching onto the braided hair.

"Luhan said something about you cannot remove the hair by yourself, remember? You kind of need Luhan to do that," Sehun said calmly.

 

"Oh." A sudden realization dawned upon Kyungsoo. Pink hue leaked into his cheeks, painting his pale face. "I forgot..." he mumbled, staring at his feet. "Then what should I do?" Kyungsoo turned his head, tilting his head upward to look at the much taller male, his doe eyes stared at Sehun with a hopeful gaze. He was completely oblivious that Sehun was still holding him, keeping his body within the taller male's embrace.

Kyungsoo chewed his lips, crease formed between his brows. His face lightened up as he found what he thought was a great idea.

"Wait, Master Oh! I will show you!" Kyungsoo fumbled with the tie of his upper garment, pulling one of the ends. Sehun's eyes widened as he realized what the boy was trying to do. He quickly grasped Kyungsoo's hand to prevent him going further.

 

"Ahem." Master Oh coughed, asking for their attention.

"You can stop stripping off Soo Kyung, or should I call you Kyungsoo?" He calmly said.

Kyungsoo's face went slack. He let out a small whimper and opened his mouth in an attempt to speak, only to snap it shut.

"I know the fact that you're a boy all along, Kyungsoo." Master Oh shifted his attention to his grandson, whose arms still wrapped around the boy. Sehun returned his grandfather's gaze, conveying no emotion on his face.

 

"I hired a private investigator right after you introduced me to your little friend. I know everything about the boy since the first day. I don't know your intention of covering his true identity, but knowing you, I guess the reason was simply because you were bored and needed something to entertain you."

 

Sehun's lips stretched out forming a straight line that slightly raised on the corners.

 

"Thank God," Kyungsoo sighed in relief.

"I'm sorry for not telling the truth, Master Oh. I need the job, but Oh Household requires only female workers. I'm really sorry, Master," Kyungsoo said apologetically.

 

Master Oh quirked an eyebrow. "As far as I know, Mr. Park, the person whose job is temporary replaced by you, is a male. I can't see why we don't allow male workers here."

Kyungsoo gasped. He turned his head fast toward Sehun, glaring at his friend with an accusing look. "You tricked me!" He cried.

Sehun shrugged nonchalantly. "You love to role play, right? I guess it didn't cause you any harm then. You said that you really enjoy your work, anyway."

"But not necessarily need to be a girl!" Kyungsoo shrieked in distress.

 

Master Oh cleared his throat, cutting their bickering short. Kyungsoo snapped back into his conscience, once again uttering his apology, "I'm really sorry, Master Oh. I would like to continue my job if you allow me, but I will gladly leave if you wish me to."

 

"I guess you're missing a point here, Kyungsoo," Master Oh calmly said.

Kyungsoo tilted his head, staring at Sehun's grandfather questioningly.

"I don't remember changing my mind about the wedding plan."

Kyungsoo squeaked. "B-But I'm a male, Master Oh!"

"I have acknowledged the fact since the first day, yes."

"So I definitely cannot marry Sehun," the boy tried to reason Sehun's grandfather.

"Have you been promised to other family?"

"N-No." Kyungsoo didn't even know what that means.

"That doesn't matter then. I have given you my blessing, knowing for the fact that you're a commoner."

 

Kyungsoo screeched. He turned his back and gripped on Sehun's shirt. "S-Sehun...! Please say something!" He cried. Sehun stared at the smaller male with an unreadable gaze. He subtlety tightened his embrace.

"Are we done, grandpa?" He asked his grandfather tonelessly.

"Yes. Are you not going to say anything?"

"No." Sehun withdrew his hands and let Kyungsoo go. "See you later mom, dad," he waved his hand as he casually had his way out of the room.

 

 

"W-Wait Sehun! Don't go! Say something!" Kyungsoo was torn between staying, or catching Sehun to drag him back. He looked at Sehun's grandfather, staring him with a pleading gaze.

"You may go with your future husband, Kyungsoo."

"W-What? No...! Oh my God Sehun! Come back here oh God you need to explain everything!" Kyungsoo nodded toward the rest of the Oh family members before he hurriedly went out of the room to find Sehun.

 

 

***

 

Kyungsoo's horrified screeches could be heard for quite a while before fading away.

 

Mrs. Oh and Master Oh exchanged a knowing look. "Do we get the boy, dad?" Mrs. Oh asked, a dangerous glint lingered in her eyes.

"Of course. You can count on me. Sehun makes everything easier, though." Sehun's grandfather slightly pulled up the corners of his lips.

It was a very rare occasion to see them getting along well and had the same thought about something.

"I can't wait! The cute boy would have to call me mommy, right?" She clasped her hands in excitement.

"Umm..." Mr. Oh stared at his father and his wife alternately. His noble blood prevented him to stay calm after witnessing the conspiracy.

"Shh.. You'd be called daddy as well," Mrs. Oh cut his sentence.

 

"........"

"Okay..." Mr. Oh smiled. He decided to let the matter aside.

 

 

 

 

..........................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

A/n

*grins* I guess I should give a warning about this fic:

Warning:

This story contains no drama or angst *whisper* or logic

/calmly dancing my way, carrying a bucket of logic, throwing logics along the way/