chapter 21

Poor Prince

 

 

Chapter 21

 

 

The strawberry blond haired boy tenderly released Kyungsoo's hand from his neck and rested the confused boy's hand on his right shoulder, wrapping his arms around the boy's slim waist. Gently, he pulled Kyungsoo closer with a manly yet regal-like push on the boy's back. Kyungsoo's body ungracefully fell toward the strawberry blond haired boy's chest, a small 'oof' sound escaped from his lips.

Kyungsoo was so thankful he was saved, but he thought he would be fine on his own now. He felt bad for troubling the kind stranger -- working for Oh family, he had gained three more pounds, so he should not be taken lightly. He shouldn't add more burden now that he was safe.

 

Kyungsoo politely tried to pull out his hand and squirm out of the kind stranger's hold, but the grip around him was tight. Kyungsoo frowned. He lifted up his eyes to look at the kind stranger, to assure the boy that it was okay to let him go. He knitted his eyebrow in empathy, his face softened. The kind stranger's eyes were glassy. Exhaling a heavy breath, the kind stranger clutched at the fabric of his sweater, as if he could not breathe properly. Kyungsoo felt really really bad. He must have been really heavy to have made the kind stranger breathing heavily like that.

The crowd of students in wine-red uniforms formed a large circle around them, murmuring in excitement. Gangnam Philharmonic Orchaestra's beautiful music was playing from the in-ceiling speakers -- a cue that students should have been in their classes by now, but seemingly, what they were seeing was more important than their education.

 

"H-hello?" Kyungsoo muttered, staring at the strawberry blond haired boy with apologetic eyes. Another sharp intake of breath slipped through the stranger's slightly opened mouth, startling Kyungsoo. Before the boy could squeak out apologies, the kind stranger had thrown Kyungsoo's body backward, keeping their hands intertwined together so that he would not fall. A surprise 'oof' later Kyungsoo found himself to be twirled around all over the hallway, being thrown away and pulled back repeatedly like a rag doll, weirdly to the rhythm of the music.

The small group of students who came with the strawberry blond haired boy calmly took a few steps backward, giving their leader more space to twirl around. Their expressions were indifferent, as if they had seen scenes similar to this dozens of times. Students of Exo International School certainly had not; hushed voices of the large circle of wine-red escalated into an excited roar.

 

The strawberry blond haired boy sighed in content, listening to the faint classical music resonated in the hallway. Etude no. 2 in F Minor. Beautiful. Of course, it would be more perfect if the music was played in A-flat Major, because there was nothing minor about what he was feeling right now. He felt happy, so happy he swore he felt he could dance like a man in love... dancing. And indeed that was what he was doing at the moment. He was dancing with his outstandingly gorgeous princess, wine-red color birds singing in the background. Beautiful quacks. Chirps. Chirrups.

He smiled, hauling his beautiful soul mate toward him. "Princess, lift your right leg. I won't let you fall," he softly whispered.

Kyungsoo didn't understand why he should lift his right leg. And he was not a princess, he’s Kyungsoo.

"Princess." In contrast to his faerie-like face, the voice coming from the stranger was low and deep. The strawberry blond haired boy flashed a gallant smile, reassuring Kyungsoo he was safe in his hands.

"But-"

The reassuring gallant smile remained. The strawberry blond haired boy curled up the corners of his lips broader his white pearly teeth showing; the edges of his left eye made some weird little twitches when he did so.

 

Kyungsoo stared at the kind stranger, tilting his head to the side. He still didn't understand why he should lift up his right leg, but he supposed, to comply would not bring him any harm. The stranger had been really nice to him, anyway.

 

Kyungsoo leaned his weight against the curly haired stranger and stood on one foot. He let his right foot hang, toes pointing downward (It's unfortunate that Kyungsoo was wearing shoes so his pointed toes could not be seen, but the tips of his shoes were on point, which anyone could see.)

 

The strawberry blond haired boy tightened his hold around Kyungsoo's waist, holding their position with Kyungsoo's right foot in the air.

"You stole something from me," the kind stranger whispered, eyes staring at Kyungsoo fondly.

"I don't steal!" Kyungsoo protested abruptly. His right leg was wobbling in the air because he was so baffled by what he was accused of committing.

"Yes, you did," the strawberry blond haired boy replied, firm but tenderly. He pulled Kyungsoo's body toward him, gently letting the boy's right sole to touch the off-white marble tile flooring. "You stole my heart," he continued softly. Grabbing Kyungsoo's hand, he pressed the boy's hand firmly to his chest. The crowd let out unison sigh.

"I have the evidence to convict you."

The strawberry blond haired boy's free hand nudged Kyungsoo on the chin, urging the boy to look at him. "Here." He slid Kyungsoo's hand slightly to the left part of his chest. "You left your fingerprints on my heart." Straightening his back, he towered over Kyungsoo's small body.

"You have to take responsibility of your crime. My heart cannot beat properly since you stole it; you've trapped it inside your cage of love too tight, princess." His smile grew. "You have the key to my heart. Now, I'm helpless; no one can rescue me but you."

The strawberry blond haired boy raised his right hand, pressing the pads of his index finger and thumb together like he was holding something that could not be seen. He smiled, throwing the imaginary thing away.

 

"How could he leave his fingerprints on your heart if the said heart has been stolen already?" The girl with the bun hairstyle interrupted the strawberry blond haired boy's love confession. "And, how could he save you and be convicted of his crime at the same time?" She lazily asked.

The strawberry blond haired boy held Kyungsoo's eyes with his smoldering gaze, paying no attention at the unwelcomed comments.

"Was it supposed to be 'the key to your heart' that you just threw away? If so, how on earth could he have HMMPH-" The strawberry blond haired boy's palm efficiently covered the girl's mouth. "Hush, Yoo Jung, hush," he shushed the girl, his eyes never leaving Kyungsoo's.

"What are you doing here, princess?" The strawberry blond haired boy lovingly asked Kyungsoo. The girl with the bun was thrashing around to free herself, her sound of protests got muffled against the boy's giant palm. "Oops. Sorry, Yoo Jung." The strawberry blond haired boy withdrew his hand, cheerfully ignoring the poor girl's unpleasant grumbles.

"Well, princess?"

"It's school time," Kyungsoo patiently explained. "And my name is Kyungsoo, not princess."

"Kyungsoo. What a unique name for a special girl like you." The strawberry blond haired boy nodded in approval.

"I know it’s school time, love. What I am asking is why do you need to disguise as a boy? You don't need to suffer just to pursue your education, my Princess Kyungsoo." He elegantly whipped his head toward the girl with the bun. "Do we accept girls in our school, Yoo Jung?" he asked.

"If not, we shall make a petition for it. My soul bleeds to see my princess having to wear an un-tasteful boy uniform just to get into a school."

The strawberry blond haired boy could not think; his mind was numbed because of the pure ethereal perfection in front of him. Luckily as the student body president he would always have his secretary to provide him with any information he needed.

Yoo Jung gave her student body president an irritated glare. What did he think she was? A baboon in skirt?

Yoo Jung patted her skirt and pretended to fix her feminine blazer as the answer.

"Well?" The strawberry blond haired boy threw an impatient glance at his secretary, demanding the answer right away.

Yoo Jung sighed. "Yes, Chanyeol, our school accepts girls."

A group of girls in their red wine uniform stole glances at Chanyeol, giggling. Yoo Jung looked at them, her face darkened.

"And Exo accepts girls too; it's not like you know nothing about Exo school. I don't see why he should disguise himself as a boy just to enter the school, if he really was a girl to begin with. This is not a Japanese manga, Chanyeol."

"Don't be silly, Yoo Jung." Chanyeol chuckled, understandingly, because Yoo Jung was not as bright as him.

"A beautiful creature like her can't be a boy." Chanyeol captured Kyungsoo's hand and caressed it lovingly, letting out a delightful sigh.

"I'm a boy," Kyungsoo agreed.

"No, you're not," Chanyeol softly said.

"Yes I am."

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow. This couldn't be right. Princess Kyungsoo was definitely the girl he saw that day. How could he be wrong? That was impossible.

Chanyeol pressed a palm against the left part of his chest, clenching his eyes shut to hear the sound of his beating heart. Badump. Badump. Badump. His heart was pounding hard and loud, and he felt the same tingly feeling he had that day, like he had just swallowed dozens of butterflies and a whole pack of Pop Rocks.

Yes, it's her. Chanyeol nodded, affirmatively. His soulmate was standing in front of him. He knew that for sure, because right now his heart was performing a classical concerto with lots of staccato and huge arpeggios inside his ribcage.

Chanyeol opened his eyes, staring fixedly at his princess. "Are you really a boy?"

Kyungsoo nodded, patting his flat chest with his palm to assure Chanyeol more.

Chanyeol sharpened his senses to digest the information he had just got. He was so assured he had found the love of his life. She was here, but her gender was not how he remembered. It's not like a small thing such as gender would be a problem for him, but for Chanyeol, there was only one true love, and he had given his heart to the long haired beauty he had seen that day.

That whimsical moment was still fresh in his mind. Every single second and every little detail of that special day had been carved and perfectly preserved inside his head. The ice cream cone flavors should have created a harmony in his mouth; sugar plum, chocolate walnut, and hot fudge. He remembered he didn't even get to taste more than four because she was there thus he couldn't care less.

The love of his life was there and nothing else had mattered.

 

There's got to be a reasonable explanation for this, and Chanyeol firmly decided to find out the answer.

"Are you not a girl?"

Kyungsoo nodded his head.

"A... a boy?"

Again, Kyungsoo nodded. "Since I was born."

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes, staring at Kyungsoo with unwavering determination to seek for the truth.

"How about before you were born?"

"Eh?"

 

 

***

 

 

"Kyungsoo, what are you doing here? Class has started fifteen minutes ago."

Sehun approached Kyungsoo from behind, sweeping his eyes over the scattered books on the floor. "What's with all the commotion?"

"I almost fell, but this kind person saved me," Kyungsoo cheerfully answered.

"Park. Name's Park Chanyeol." Chanyeol smiled at Kyungsoo, slightly bowing from his waist.

"Are you sure you're not a girl?"

Kyungsoo nodded, for the umpteenth time. "Yes, I'm pretty sure I'm a boy."

Chanyeol frowned sadly, staring at Kyungsoo with a kicked puppy look on his face. "Okay then. I guess I was wrong," he finally said. "Sorry for the trouble I've caused you."

Kyungsoo's mouth formed into a heart shaped smile, his big eyes turned into pleasant lines. "It's fine," he assured Chanyeol with a laugh.

Chanyeol looked as if he was just struck by lightning. His eyes grew broader, creepier, staring at Kyungsoo unblinkingly. He dramatically clutched his chest; his breathing was fast and heavy.

Badump Badump Badump Badump. "I-It's impossible," he muttered to himself.

Stealing a glance at the beautiful creature in front of him, Chanyeol immediately knew he had made a big mistake. His heart went allegro. Presto. Prestissimo. She was not the love of his life, why didn't his heart stop the madness already? She's not even a 'she'.

Badump. Badump.

Badump Badump Badump Badump.

"Impossible!" Chanyeol squeaked in distress. He turned his back around and started to run like his life depended on it, the crowd parted for him like Red Sea.

"Chanyeol! Where are you going?! President Oh is here!"

"Impossible!"

"Chanyeol! Get back here!" Yoo Jung shouted, as she began to go after Chanyeol.

The rest of the small group’s members exhanged looks, deciding what they should do next. They shrugged in a silent 'oh well' and followed after their two leaders.

 

Kyungsoo looked questioningly at Sehun. "I don't understand," he murmured.

 

Now that the strawberry blond haired boy and his small group had left, the crowd began to disperse with a low murmur, and within minutes, there were only Sehun and Kyungsoo in the hallway.

"That's Park Chanyeol, the student body president of SM high school. We're supposed to have a meeting by now, but I don't fancy chasing after him. Let them do whatever they like."

Sehun nonchalantly shrugged his shoulders. He bent down and began to collect the books efficiently, piling them on top of another. Picking up the neatly piled up books off the floor, he threw a glance at Kyungsoo, gesturing the boy to follow after him. "Come on, I'm hungry."

 

 

 

 

..................................................................................................................................................................................

 

 

 

a/n

 

 

So this is Chanyeol the strawberry blond haired boy

PS. rich people are weird orz