chapter 2

Poor Prince

 

 

Chapter 2

 

 

Slightly out of breath, Kyungsoo tried to match Sehun's quick pace. Sehun walked fast with measured steps, and his long legs gave him an advantage over Kyungsoo.

All of a sudden Sehun stopped, causing the petite boy behind him to bump his face into Sehun’s back quite hard. Kyungsoo let out a small whimper.

Sehun looked at the smaller boy apathetically. He turned his back around without saying anything and walked toward a large wood door, hand-carved with intricate design. The door slid open when he neared it.

“It's too troublesome to show you everything in a short time at once; this school has too many rooms you don’t need to know all anyway. I'm going to show you a few along the way to class, the basic ones you need to know,” Sehun said while entering the room. Kyungsoo nodded, his small hand rubbing his sore, reddish nose.

 

The place was an international themed dining hall. The spacious room looked empty; only a few dining room attendants were there. They politely greeted Sehun and Kyungsoo when they saw them. Kyungsoo cheerfully greeted them back, and quickly bounced across the room to catch up after Sehun.

“The dining hall." Sehun turned his head slightly at Kyungsoo. "We have our lunch here, and sometimes if we have late night activities at school we can choose to have our dinner here. This dining hall has a few stations to match your taste. Ethnic cuisine, western, Asian cuisine, vegetarian station, well, you get the drift," Sehun glanced at Kyungsoo and went on,

“Usually in the morning students prefer the café or coffee lounge instead." Sehun went out of the room without waiting for Kyungsoo's response.

 

 

Sehun carried on leading their small tour, with Kyungsoo following behind, trying to keep up his pace. They gathered more students staring at them along the way, showing a lot of interest in them, especially in Kyungsoo; not that Kyungsoo was aware of the fact, or in Sehun’s case, he just didn’t care. He led Kyungsoo to another door.

 

“Library.” He shortly said as he entered the room.

 

The library was modern and well-landscaped. The room was huge; there were thousands of books divided into different stations. Cozy corners were placed here and there, provided for the students to relax and read in. They could also choose the book lounges, if they preferred to read their books or doing their assignments while being waited on their choice of beverage.

For the first time that day, Kyungsoo’s wide eyes shone brightly. Kyungsoo loved books; he could picture himself staying there all day.

 

“The school's library has extensive media collections; CDs, DVDs, computer’s CDROMs, et cetera. The media room is here somewhere, you can ask the school attendants later,” Sehun briefly explained as he made his way out of the room.

Kyungsoo seemed to hesitate; he did not want to leave the room just yet. The boy's eyes were longingly set at the numerous aisles of books.

 

“You’re coming with me or not?” Sehun asked rather sharply. He turned his back around with a slightly irritated look adorned his stoic face.

Kyungsoo nodded right away. He threw a glance at the books for the last time, and then followed Sehun's steps out of the room.

 

Sehun checked his watch and found that they did not have much time left until the first lesson. He decided to show Kyungsoo around some other time. Checking the boy’s schedule, he nodded firmly. They would have most of their classes together.

“We should get going. Class will be starting soon. We have the first class together, I will show you the place," Sehun shortly said.

Kyungsoo chirped happily, “Thank you so much, Sehun goon, I really appreciate your help.”

“Just call me Sehun."

“Okay,” replied Kyungsoo with a wide smile.

 

 

***

 

 

"We're here." Sehun entered the classroom first, with Kyungsoo trailing a few steps behind.

The class was filled with students chatting in excitement, talking about unimportant things, such as their holiday in various luxurious destinations, all the limited brand stuffs they recently got, their vacation homes, and their summer houses.

The chatter died down to a murmur when the two boys entered the room. The students were in awe. They finally got to see the mysterious student that had been the talking of the school for the past week. The new student definitely met their expectation. They excitedly began to chat about Kyungsoo, not minding that Kyungsoo was still standing there, shyly fidgeting in his spot.

 

“Awww he is so cute!” cooed one of the students.

“Yes, I guess the rumor about him being a heir of a noble influential family is true. Look at his bright wide eyes, cute button nose, and lips, ohmygosh so cute! As red as cherries don’t you think?!”

Sehun quirked his eyebrow upon hearing the nonsensical theory. Things were getting even more ridiculous when a girl said;

 

“No, I think he comes from a really wealthy family. Look at his shirt, I don’t think it comes from any brand we know. Must be a designer handmade, made just right to fit him perfectly. That‘s awesome! And his bag seems like a handmade too, ohmygod the design is so cute! I would love to have one of those. Do you think that J.Crew can make me one of that? Or maybe Tory Burch?”

 

Sehun could not take it anymore. He trembled, clenching his fists to maintain his self-control. With no expression plastered on his face (despite his nearly burst state), Sehun turned his head toward the oblivious boy standing beside him.

“Wait here. I’m gonna go for a sec, I will be back here in no time.”

Kyungsoo nodded. He gave Sehun a toothy grin, earning more coos and awes.

 

 

Sehun walked out class like his life depended on it. Making his way with long strides, he stormed as fast as he could to find a vacant room. Once he found one, he closed the door securely and, “HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHA OHMYGOD WHAT IS THIIIS HAHAHHAHAHA HANDMADE DESIGNER THEY SAID HAHAHAHHAHA MY STOMACH HURTS PUAHAHAHHAHAHA”

 

For the first time in his life, Sehun laughed his off. He clutched his stomach, leaning on the floor as he could not stand steadily. His body trembled uncontrollably. Things were too hilarious for him to handle. Sehun could not contain himself; tears formed in his eyes, face reddened massively. His hysterical laugh continued for quite a while. Never in his life had Sehun felt the urge to laugh like this.

 

After some moments, Sehun managed to control himself, leaving him with hoots of laughter, which ceased into small chuckles. Sehun fixed his appearance and muttered to himself,

“I've never had so much fun. The boy is surely interesting. I wonder how obnoxious those rich kids can be,” he mumbled as he walked out the room, getting ready for his class.

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun got back and found Kyungsoo who was still in his former position, surrounded by his new classmates. They were cooing the poor boy, commenting every single thing about him. Hands were touching him everywhere.

 

"Your hair is so fluffy and soft, who did your hair? I'm so gonna fire Stella and find the better one."

"Ooohhh look at his skin texture, so smooth..! I know a med spa in West Hollywood that can make your skin looks like this."

"your lips look so soft and plump, who was your plastic surgeon? I bet you also had a non-insisitional double eyelid surgery. They look so natural, good job! Did you have epicanthoplasty too?"

 

Kyungsoo was startled. His head was being swayed in every direction, being held by pairs of hands. Before anyone started to and part his buttocks, Sehun came to his rescue. He grasped Kyungsoo's hand, dragged him along, seated the boy down on a chair, and then sat next him. Their teacher got into the room on time before the excited students managed to ask more questions.

 

"Good morning, class," greeted Mr. Lee. "Ah, I see, apparently the new student has been here all along. School's staffs are looking for you, Mr... Do Kyungsoo," he murmured as he checked the student's attendance list. Kyungsoo answered apologetically, his voice eyes filled with regret,

"I'm so sorry sir, I didn't know..."

The teacher gave Kyungsoo a gummy smile, "It's okay Mr. Do. I am Mr. Lee Hyuk Jae, your math teacher. You haven't taken your stuffs to your dorm, right? We will give you someone to guide you there."

Sehun raised his hand before Kyungsoo could say a word. "He can stay with me, Mr Lee."

 

The math teacher raised an eyebrow, "But you are supposed to have the room by yourself, right, Mr Oh?"

"I don't mind," Sehun replied instantly. Or else, someone would find the truth, he finished his sentence inside his head.

"Okay then... If that's okay with you, Mr Do?" asked Mr. Lee.

Kyungsoo nodded his agreement right away, eyes sparkling in delight.

"I understand. I will inform the school right away. Now let's get back to the lesson, today we will learn about vectors and matrices..."

 

Kyungsoo opened his bag happily, pulling out his "Korean Tourism 2013" notebook and a pencil case, well sort of. It was a chocolate box that had been reused to become a pencil case. Sehun began to tremble when he saw what the boy had put inside the pencil case. It consisted an eraser as small as the tip of a nail, two pencils an inch length each glued together at the tips, and a pen with "Myeongdong fashion district" printed on it.

 

What finally cracked him was the way his classmates responded seeing all those things,

"Oh..! Look! a chocolate box pencil case...! Re-using trash to make something fancy, genius! Just like what McQueen did in his Autumn/Winter 2009 collection, don't you think?"

Sehun swore he could’ve died of laughter. His body trembled vigorously, trying really hard to not burst. He clutched his pen hard his fingers turned white.

 

That's it. Again, he raised his hand.

"Yes, Mr. Oh?"

"M-My stomach hurts. May I go to the rest room please," he stuttered.

 

After Mr. Lee allowed him to leave, he left the room immediately to find a room to finally burst.

 

 

 

 

 

.............................................................................................................................................