chapter 16

Poor Prince

 

 

Chapter 16

 

"Auntie Oh, do I really have to wear these? The pants don't even reach my knees..."

 

Sehun faintly heard Kyungsoo whine from afar. He had not heard about Kyungsoo's whereabouts the entire morning, not that he was looking for him or what, but Kyungsoo and disappearance only meant one thing. Trouble. He's bound to keep Kyungsoo out of it, ahem, as a moral responsibility.

Sehun knitted his eyebrows, wondering what his mother was doing this time. He quickened his steps, heading to one of the guest rooms where Kyungsoo stayed during summer.

 

"Chloe-esque scalloped shorts are one of the must have items for this year's summer, Kyungsoo," Mrs. Oh chirped.

"These things look nothing like scallop, auntie," Kyungsoo protested.

Mrs. Oh gave Kyungsoo a judging look, very similar to Luhan's 'shhh-darling-it's-a-good-thing-you-are-cute'. She made sure her sharp stare to seep into the core of Kyungsoo's resistance, seizing the boy’s objection before she continued cheerfully,

"Fortunately Lulu has an outstanding fashion sense; of course he would stash some short pants for you. Lulu is the best of the best, so don't worry, dear. I would lay my fashion life on him. And look, you are wearing a classic white shirt, how manly is that!"

"But the shirt is far too large for me, auntie. I'm practically drowning in the fabric," Kyungsoo cried.

"I know right, it's so stylishly cute!" Mrs. Oh squealed.

 

Sehun could imagine his mother twirling Kyungsoo happily, playing dressing-up on him. He sighed. He was assured that his mother was up to no good.

 

"But I need to look manly, auntie. Males don't wear short pants," whined Kyungsoo.

"That was preposterous. Let me introduce you to SHINee next time."

 

The door was opened a crack so he could easily peek in. Just as Sehun thought, the first thing he saw was the sight of his mother treating Kyungsoo like he was a human-sized Barbie doll. Clothes were scattered everywhere, giving him the feeling that Kyungsoo had been captured for a quite while. Sehun opened the door wide and carefully walked inside so he wouldn't accidentally step on anything.

 

"What are you two doing?" Sehun's eyes narrowed. His mother was skillfully wrapping her hands over the newly created hair bun she made out of Kyungsoo's (extentions) hair. She stretched an elastic hair band to secure the donut bun and added two more hair pins. She withdrew her hands to admire her work.

"I am preparing Kyungsoo, of course. What else?" Mrs. Oh mumbled. She cupped Kyungsoo's cheeks gently and chased Kyungsoo's hands away. (Wouldn't want to hurt the boy's perfect French manicured nails - semi opaque white on the tip with a thin sheer of pink for the top coat.)

The room was polluted with dust powder as she dabbed a big fluffy brush into a loose powder case and used it to powder Kyungsoo's face.

 

"Preparing for what mom?"

Kyungsoo scrunched up his nose and sneezed a high pitched little choo, "Achoo!"

"That was the cutest sneeze I've ever heard!" Sehun's mother squeaked. She tapped Kyungsoo's button nose and pinched it, which made Kyungsoo let out another sneeze because her powder brush tickled the boy's nose.

Mrs. Oh giggled, smiling (not so) apologetically toward Kyungsoo (She adored the sneeze sound a little bit too much).

"Achoo...!"

"Bless you!"


"There," she said after she was done. "You must not use any make up apart from the basic ones. Wearing the right make up to the photoshoot is as important as to wear one to a Go See. I don't recommend you to apply mascara or any eye makeup at all to your photoshoot, though. Your makeup artist might have something different in mind of what to do to your face; applying makeup will only make the work harder, as the makeup artist will have to thoroughly clean your face first and all. To be a model requires a high professionalism, dear."


"Wait what?" Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. He got a bad feeling about this.

 

"You need to be professional if you want to be a good model. I didn't eat anything containing salt or sugar a day before my photoshoot. I know it is hard but-"

"Mom, that is not what I’m asking."

"Eh?"

 

"I was just about to go when Auntie Oh found me," Kyungsoo answered for Sehun's mother in gloom.

"Where are you going to go then? How is that relatable with you want to look manly yet being dressed in that girlie outfit?"

"Auntie you promised that this will look manly on me!" Kyungsoo cried.

"But they are manly! Where's the un-manly part from the classic white shirt and denim pants!" Mrs. Oh quickly replied. She purposely avoided saying 'short pants' and 'scalloped', because they screamed 'uber-cute' and 'feminine' too loud. On the second thought scratch short pants. They're manly. SHINee did wear them a lot.

 

"You're not answering my question, Kyungsoo."

 

"Ah, sorry... I was going to see Luhan to have him remove my hair extensions, so I need to wear the appropriate outfit to match with my look afterward. And Luhan thought, why not having my photo shoot as well before he removes my extension, that way we could save the time on styling my hair. I have asked grandpa and he has given me the permission. Auntie Oh kinda caught me before I was able to go outside." Kyungsoo said the last sentence in a soft whisper, nervously flicking his huge orbs at Mrs. Oh. Apparently she agreed with his statement.

 

"What did you say?"

"I was going to go outside-"

"No, after that."

"Your mom caught me-"

"No No No before that-"

"I want to take off my hair extension?" Kyungsoo asked unsurely.

"No!" Sehun gruffed in frustration.

 

Sehun's mother stifled a giggle. It was rare for her to see her stoic son burst in emotion.

"Kyungsoo is going to have a photoshoot!" She squeaked. "I'm so proud of you! Wait until grandpa see your photos, kyahh!"

 

Sehun brushed off his mother's excessive excitement. This was certainly not good, but he could not do anything to stop it. Kyungsoo could be so stubborn sometimes. At least he could prevent moredisastrous offers Luhan might lure Kyungsoo into agreeing to (Luhan could have waved something like free food coupons in front of the boy and Kyungsoo would say yes to whatever he wanted straight away).

 

"Let's go, Kyungsoo. I'm coming with you." Sehun took Kyungsoo's hand, and was just about to drag the boy when he took a look at Kyungsoo's outfit. He froze. Kyungsoo was indeed so cute. Too cute. The large white shirt draped him like a tent, nearly covering his shorts. Sehun's face blushed when he realized that Kyungsoo was wearing his shirt. "Mom, did you take my shirt?" Sehun asked his mother in a strangled voice.

"Yes! Oh I hope you don't mind!"

Too late, mom, Sehun thought sourly. He proceeded to drag Kyungsoo out of the room.

 

"Bye, Auntie Oh!" Kyungsoo chirped before he disappeared from the sight.

"Bye, dear!" She replied, waving cheerfully.

 

Wait until father knows this. She giggled. This is so fun!

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Sehun's chauffeur drove them to a building in the city. The building was unique. It was huge but not too tall, with only about nine floors. The proportion of its tall and width was quite identical; each side of the building was painted with different striking color; blue, red, green, orange, and yellow (Kyungsoo could see a glimpse of yellow color on its roof top).

Sehun wasted no time and led Kyungsoo inside.

The floor was covered with elegant white color marble tiles, balancing the crazy color outside perfectly. A large sign with Chinese calligraphy writing style was placed stylishly behind the reception desk. Kyungsoo managed to read what was written on the artsy wolden board: 'Wear What You Want, but PLEASE be Fabulous'.

A lady at the reception desk dressed in a sophisticated black outfit greeted Kyungsoo and Sehun. A few efficient questions later she made a few phone calls and then walked out from her desk, politely asking them to follow after her. The sound of her stiletto heel-tips walking on white marble floor was heard faintly as she led them the way. She punched a few codes next to the elevator door and shifted to a side to welcome them inside. Another code was typed before she was able to choose the destination floor. Kyungsoo's eyes widened when he found out the floor they were heading to. Floor 1. They could've used the stairs instead.

 

"Mr. Lu prefers to have his office lower to the ground," she explained without being asked.

And he is afraid of heights, Sehun continued inside his mind.

 

A humming sound from the small speaker above the elevator buttons told them that they had reached their floor. A moment later the elevator door opened for them. The reception lady gave Kyungsoo and Sehun a short nod and efficiently went out. Her heels created faint click-clack sound as she walked.

"Mr. Lu has been waiting for you in the Photoshoot Room," she turned her heard to have a short glance at Sehun and coughed, "at least one of you," she continued. Sehun stared back at he with his colder than the coldest winter look which effectively muted the reception lady.

 

 

They went through a corridor, decorated with various photos of Luhan. There were Luhan winking, pouting, elegantly smiling, aegyo-ing, and any other possible facial expression and poses everywhere.

 

"Just like The Tyra Room...," Kyungsoo sighed in awe, running his gaze in excitement up and down (there were photos of Luhan on the floor as well, protected by fancy gold fences to prevent anyone stepping on his face). Sehun stared weirdly at Kyungsoo.

 

"We have arrived." The reception lady walked toward a metal door. She inserted a series of code numbers, and the metal door slided open, revealing the photoshoot room inside.

 

The room was large. In contrast to all the color fiasco and Luhan's face that was stamped on every possible space outside, the photoshoot room was relatively sterile. The ceiling, wall, and flooring were designed in cool white color, without any painting or photo decorating the surfaces. A DSLR camera supported by a tripod was situated at the central of the room in front of a giant screen. People dressed in black clothes were walking here and there; some were carrying what looked like a lighting system, some other was holding some kind of fabrics seemingly needed for the photoshoot. Before Kyungsoo could observe more something attacked him, wrapping his body tight like tentacles and squeezing air out of his lungs.

"Kyungsoooo! I missed you! Come here baby, Lulu needs your love...! Kyaahhh squishy squishy!" Luhan rubbed his cheeks on Kyungsoo's, cooing the boy like a mother hen on drugs. He playfully poked the boy's bun, "ahhhh cute bun! Who made your hair precious? It fits you so well kyahhh!" Luhan tightened his boney grip around Kyungsoo, ignoring the poor creature's whine.

Sehun sighed. He knew taking Kyungsoo here was not a good idea.

 

After playing tug-of-war with the untamed designer, he managed to un-wrap Luhan and take Kyungsoo away. Luhan grouched. His accusing eyes looked at Sehun in dissaproval. "Why should I see Mr. Spock in my own territory," he complained. "I swear you stick to my baby like a leech. But Lulu is not an ill-mannered person, so here's a nice greeting for you," Luhan said as he raised his right hand, palm forward with the fingers parted between the middle and ring finger. "Vulcan's salute. May you live long and prosper," he solemnly greeted Sehun.

 

As usual, Sehun decided that Luhan's rambles were not worth a reply.

 

Luhan, being accustomed already with Sehun's lack of response, going back to his overly cheerful manner in a swift moment. Flicking his fingers, he called one of his assistants.

 

"Our photoshoot today are for my autumn and winter collection ads. At first I want to use your photos for my clothing line, but then my artistic side tingled and the realization dawned upon me; you are perfect for my perfume ads. You, baby, are going to be my mysterious, uber-ethereal model." Luhan pinched Kyungsoo's chubby cheek lovingly.

"No one is gonna find out your real name. You're going to be a goddess covered under the fabulous shadow, and Lulu here will provide the most perfect stage for you. What's your full name, precious?"

"Do Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo smiled, forming a cute heart shaped lips which made Luhan lose his right senses (if he ever had any). Sehun stepped forward, grumbling as he peeled the boney limbs off for the umpteenth time.

Luhan, being unaffected by the small distraction Sehun caused, continued cheerfully, "Let's just call you D.O then. How cool is that! For now, in the fashion world, you will only be recognized by that name." Luhan nodded in reassurance.

“What fashion world? This shoot is a onetime thing,” Sehun commented right away. Luhan waved his hand nonchalantly, “Details, details,” he chirped cheerfully. He turned his attention to Kyungsoo, "And, as a brief explanation, I have four perfume scents in total, one for each season. Your versatile look is perfect to endorse them all. Lulu will bring out the best of you, kyahh! I can't wait I can't wait!"

 

A girl approached him, efficiently breaking his babbles. She too, as every other workers, was wearing tight fitted black pants and a matching blouse. Apparently the freedom of clothes only went as far as that.

The girl nodded solemnly to greet Luhan, then wait for her boss' order.

"Vic, take our Kyungsoo to the changing room and go get Liza to go there, I have informed her of what I want for the hair do and make up."

"I understand, Mr. Lu." She gently led away the clueless boy.

 

 

 

 

...........................................................................................................................................