Confused Hearts

Dear Brother

“I know you’re going through something Kim Jongin, you don’t act like this when I’m around. We’re not like this at all. Tell me what’s wrong. You were drunk for two nights and your girlfriend doesn’t know anything about it.” Nicole crossed her arms, looking at Jongin who was sitting opposite of her, sipping a cup of hot cocoa. “I had two nights of wondering and thinking, what the hell is happening to me, what’s happening inside me, what’s happening around me.” Jongin mumbled as he put the cup of cocoa down the table then stared at Nicole. “I cannot do this anymore. I want to go away.” Jongin sighed and looked away. “What do you mean? What do you mean you want to go away? I can go with you, if it’s about kyungsoo again then I can help you. I will help you forget him…” Nicole stared at Jongin then took his hand on her hands. Nicole’s eyes widened after Jongin shook her hand away. “Let’s break up. I want to escape from reality.” Jongin glared at Nicole as Nicole stood up, her face all red and eyes already threatening to tear up. “K-kim Jongin… what’s happening to you? I told you I can help you, you don’t have to break up with me…” Jongin stood up after her then smiled bitterly. “I don’t get it Nicole, I think I like him… I’m sorry… I have to do this… “ Jongin put his cup down then removed the bracelet from his wrist. “I’m sorry…” Slowly, he left the coffee shop with Nicole standing and staring at Jongin’s direction.

 

 

“Chanyeol…” Kyungsoo held on chanyeol’s arm as they left the classroom, on their way outside the school. “Yeah? Did something happen again? Was Jongin drunk again?” Chanyeol looked at Kyungsoo’s worried face. “Yes… I picked him up last night… and he was really drunk… and….” Kyungsoo’s words became softer as he finishes the sentence. “He said he was in pain… I don’t know why…” Chanyeol stopped at his tracks then he faced kyungsoo, he then leaned down and cupped Kyungsoo’s cheeks. “Kyungsoo, you want to move on right? You should stop worrying about him. You’re making it harder for yourself… moving on is hard, especially in your case since he is your brother.” Chanyeol explained with a hint of jealousy in his eyes. “ I guess I have to, even if he’s my brother… it’s for the best…” Kyungsoo muttered and looked at chanyeol again, a smile visible on his face. “Yeollie, I’ll be on my way now. Good bye and thank you~ I’ll text you when I get home~” Kyungsoo waved goodbye at chanyeol and chanyeol did the same, waiting for kyungsoo to turn around.

 

“Yah, I said I’m going home, I’ll watch you walk away.” Kyungsoo jutted his lip out, looking at chanyeol.

 

“Nope, I’m going to watch you walk away. You are smaller than me and I have to watch over you because someone might kidnap you.” Chanyeol grinned and winked at Kyungsoo.

 

“Yah!! I’m not little, you meanie.” He puffed his cheeks and stomped his feet off as he left the path. “Goodbye kyungsoo~ Take care~” Chanyeol waved, as kyungsoo turned around and walked away, a small thought suddenly entering his mind.

 

“If Jongin is in pain… then does that mean he has feelings for kyungsoo?” Chanyeol wondered as he lost sight of kyungsoo, he turned around, the thought not leaving his mind.

 

------

 

Kyungsoo was thinking of the same thing, its just that kyungsoo has a narrow mind. “Why is Jongin hyung in pain….?” Kyungsoo thought as he stirred the sauce for the Kimchi spaghetti. In the middle of thinking, several knocks where heard from the door.

------

 

 

“Jongin hyung! You’re home!” A shout was heard as Jongin entered the house, a flat smile seen from his face. “Oh, kyungsoo yah, is that Kimchi spaghetti?” Jongin removed his shoes and placed it on the shoe rack, then walked his way to the kitchen. “My favorite. Make it extra spicy okay?” Jongin smiled and patted kyungsoo’s head, turning around then walking out of the kitchen.

He felt like kyungsoo was staring at him, he looked back again and waved his hand. “Kyungsoo? What’s wrong?” No movement, no words were spoken, just kyungsoo staring at him, somehow a glint of sadness written in his face.

 After a few minutes of staring at each other… “Kyungsoo. The sauce is burning.” Jonging laughed as Kyungsoo suddenly panicked, the owl eyes widening more like big saucers as he turned the stove off and stirred the sauce. “Let’s talk while eating, I’m changing my clothes then I’ll go down for dinner.” Jongin went up the flight of stairs, hurrying to the bathroom.

“Why is hyung in pain?” Kyungsoo was still thinking.

------

 

“So what did you want to talk about Jongin hyung?” Kyungsoo was talking with his mouth full of spaghetti. Jongin smiled and threw a roll of tissue on kyungsoo. “Yah! What was that for!” Kyungsoo took the roll and placed it on the table. “Your lips are messy, sauce everywhere kyungsoo.” Jongin smiled and eat another twirl of spaghetti. “I’m serious… what did you want to talk about hyung?” Kyungsoo pouted and looked at Jongin with curiosity.

“I wanted us to talk normally like this again, like in the past… we played and talked loud. I suddenly  missed it.” Jongin stabbed the spaghetti with his fork, Kyungsoo smiling wide at Jongin. “We can do that hyung, since we’re both moving on, we can do it.” Jongin’s smile faded at the words ‘Moving On’. “Start again, like brothers.” Kyungsoo extended his hand, asking a hi five from his brother. The gesture was returned and they were smiling like idiots.

“How are things going on with you and Chanyeol?” Jongin ate another twirl of Kimchi spaghetti, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo bit his lip at the mention of chanyeol and he sighed deeply, looking at his brother. “Chanyeol… he’s really nice… and I like him…” Kyungsoo nodded while taking in a huge twirl of pasta, trying to silence himself with it. “Hmm… that’s good for you then, Hyung is happy for you, that you’re moving on now.” Jongin patted kyungsoo’s cheeks then took his glass to drink water. “If you will be with Chanyeol, will you be happy?” Jongin took out a piece of paper, showing it to kyungsoo. “I’m planning on inviting him here, to be with you and watch over you, hyung will be leaving for a while.” Kyungsoo looked at the plane ticket to a place far far away from seoul, scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, then looked back at Jongin. “L-leaving? Why?” Kyungsoo’s words suddenly turned to sad and stutter words. “Hyung wants to think about things, I’ll be going there with Nicole, and don’t worry about hyung okay? I’ll be back, one month isn’t long.” Jongin ruffled Kyungsoo’s hair, faking a smile. “O-okay… you should be enjoying with Nicole noona, you’re taking a vacation? But how about school?” Kyungsoo pushed the ticket back to Jongin, Jongin taking it then keeping it in his back. “I talked to the principal, I said there will be an operation for my kidney.” Jongin laughed as he got a playful slap from his brother. “That’s so lame hyung, how can you say that.” Kyungsoo’s smile went back and they talked all night as they finish their dinner.

“I’ll wash the dishes tonight. You can go prepare for sleep.” Jongin stared at Kyungsoo then patted his cheeks for the last time, keeping his hand still on kyungsoo’s cheeks. “Goodnight kyungsoo…” He then proceeded to washing the dishes, kyungsoo turning around with a frown.

While going upstairs, new thought flooded kyungsoo’s mind. “He’s leaving me…. Maybe he doesn’t like to see me anymore…”

 

------

I’M SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I FINALLY HAVE THE LAPTOP FOR MYSELF YAAAY.

THANK YOU FOR WAITING~ SORRY FOR THE SHORT UPDATES, MIND IS STILL NOT FUNCTIONING BECAUSE OF BANGTAN HOHO SAY HELLO TO MY FANDOM <3