Memories.

Dear Brother

 

KYUNGSOO’S POV:

“Hyung, can I sleep here t-tonight?”

He remembered that time, when he was still 5, bed bugs and nightmares were scaring him out. He chuckled bitterly at the memory, how he was so weak that time. How he was so fragile that made his brother wrap his arms around him protectively…

“hmm? What’s wrong kyungsoo?”  Jongin stirred awake as he heard the younger stutter beside his bed. “I-I’m scared… there’s something moving in my bed, and I don’t know what it is…” kyungsoo mumbled, looking back at his bed. Jongin smiled, seeing his brother, clutching his pororo blanket on his hands. The thought of taking the younger in his arms and hug him to sleep crossed his mind. “Come here kyungsoo…” Jongin said and pulled the latter on his chest, hugging him tight and patting his back. Kyungsoo sniffed and put his pororo blanket around him, then went on hugging his brother back.

He loved it when they were like this. He felt that protection and affection from his brother… whom he dearly loved…More than a brother.

Kyungsoo walked down the gray path leading to their doorstep all tired from school and all. Now that he was 17 already. And his brother being 5 years older than him. He didn’t want to enter the house. He knew it would only hurt himself more than how he is now. Thinking about his happy memories with Jongin, every step on the path showed pasts that were important to kyungsoo.

“Happy birthday Jongin hyung!” kyungsoo exclaimed as he sat down opposite of Jongin looking at the pororo and krong designed cake. “Happy birthday also Kyungsoo~” Jongin clapped and they both wished silently. They opened their eyes, seeing their parents smiling widely, signaling them to blow the candles. They both giggled and blew their candles, earning a few claps from their parents. They ate happily, feeding each other and smearing icing all over their faces.

What a memory, kyungsoo sighed to himself. He stepped at the stairs infront, remembering another memory. This memory though, was different. That’s when he felt the love from his brother. When they shared…

 

“Jongin hyung!! I’m home~!” Kyungsoo ran inside the house, spotting no one around. He pouted and ran to his and Jongin’s room, finding no one still. “Jongin hyung?” he peeked at the cabinet hoping that his hyung was there. Then suddenly, a pair of hands covered his eyes. “Kyungsoo…” Jongin said with a deep voice, acting like he was another person. “W-who? Who are you… what did you do to Jongin hyung…” Kyungsoo started crying and tried pulling the hand away from his eyes. Jongin felt the hot tears from the other’s eyes and instantly removed his hands. “Kyungsoo, i-it’s me…” Jongin mumbled and backhugged kyungsoo. Kyungsoo faced him and hugged him tight. “H-hyung!! Don’t scare me like that okay?”He buried his face on Jongin’s chest. The other cradled him and carried him out, sitting at the stairs by their doorstep.

“I’m sorry kyungsoo.. I wanted to surprise you… I didn’t know you would cry…” Jongin said and caressed kyungsoo’s hair. Kyungsoo sniffed and nodded. “It’s alright hyung, hyung is just playing around~ anyway I want to show you something~!” Kyungsoo smiled and showed his wrists. Jongin smiled and clapped his hands. “Kyungie is so brilliant!” Jongin smiled and kyungsoo nodded. “I got 3 stars today because my teacher said I was behave and but active in my class!” kyungsoo proudly said and Jongin nodded. “I’ll give kyungie a reward~ what do you want kyungie?” Jongin asked and kyungsoo chuckled. He thought of something and puckered his lips. He wanted a kiss from jongin. “kisseu~” Kyungsoo said cutely and pointe d at his lips. Jongin’s eyes widened and gulped. “Kiss?” He asked and kyungsoo pouted while nodding. Jongin scratched his head and looked at kyungsoo’s inviting lips. It looked so plump and puffy. He wondered how it would feel… ‘No Jongin, stop fantasizing about your little brother.’ He thought to himself. He heard a sigh and looked at kyungsoo, who was looking away from him. “nevermind hyung if you don’t want to. it’s alright, I’ll accept anything you will giv—“ Kyungsoo’s eyes widened like those of owls, as he felt lips touching on his own. He blushed hard, his face red like those of an apple.

He chuckled at the memory, remembering his first kiss taken by his brother. He looked up and saw the tree branch going out from their roof, smiling as the memory continued in his mind when a leaf fell on his nose.

The kiss was very innocent. No tongues involved. Just pure lips. They didn’t know they took long, until a leaf fell on their noses. They both pulled away and kyungsoo scruntched his nose. “Achoo..!” kyungsoo sneezed as the leaf tickled him, pouting at the leaf that was now slowly floating down to the ground.He rubbed his nose and looked at Jongin, with his face still red. “Aigoo~ Kyungie is so cute!!” Jongin smiled as he hugged the other tight. Kyungsoo curled up on Jongin’s body in embarrassment.

He got the leaf from his nose and threw it away, tensing up when he felt a hand touch his shoulders. “Oh, kyungsoo, you’re here already~” a girl spoke from behind and he looked at her. “oh, noona you’re here. I’m gonna go inside no—“ he stopped as he felt nicole’s hand on his cheeks. “Are you alright? Why are you crying?” Nicole asked and kyungsoo touched his cheeks. Yes, he was crying. He sniffed and wiped his tears. “I-uh, nothing noona. I think there’s something in my eyes.” He rubbed it off but the tears kept flowing. He bowed and opened the door, meeting eye to eye with his brother, his tears bursted out more, seeing the sight. Jongin was going to greet him, but ended up getting worried. “K-kyungsoo? Why are you crying?” Jongin stood up from the couch and was going to hug kyungsoo, but kyungsoo gripped on his shoulder strap, shook his head and walked away, secluding himself in his room.

END OF KYUNGSOO’S POV

 

Jongin stared at the closed door of kyungsoo’s room, wondering what made his little brother cry so much. He felt arms hug his waist and hold both of his hands. “Why was he crying?” Jongin asked Nicole. “I went out and saw kyungsoo sitting on the stairs and he was crying. Seriously? What happened? Was he rejected or something?” Nicole said and snuggled on jongin’s back. Nicole’s phone suddenly rang and she picked it up and answered.

“Oh, yes mom? Okay, I’ll go now. Wait for me and appa there okay?” she said and ended the call. She gave Jongin a kiss on the cheeks and smiled. “I’ll be going now, mom and dad needs help with the groceries. Bye babe~” she waved and left the house.

Hearing the door slowly closing, he looked out and saw the stairs, he sighed as it hit his head as to why his brother was crying. “That stairs…” he muttered to himself as he looked out with mixed emotions suddenly flooding him.

 

-----

 

Done!! This was supposed to be a one shot but lol i just have to make it long. Kaisoo is just ugh. Anyway, thank you for subscribing and commenting! I'm back in writing! :3

 

 

 

And I suddenly wanted to make EXO conversations.