A New Arrival

Oppa, Please!

 

Chapter 5
 
The next few weeks went by without anything amazing happening. I didn’t see Taec at all, and I haven’t seen him since that day at work. Khun hasn’t been hanging out with him lately either, and I guess it’s because he’s busy with work. 
 
I got home from work at around 8 to find that Khun still wasn’t home from work. Usually this meant he would be staying late, and not coming home till midnight or later. I worried about my brother a lot because of that. He loved his job which is why he always stayed late, but it really affected his health. 
 
Khun had studied to be able to become a producer. So that’s where he was right now. Producing music. He had always had a passion for it and he’s actually really good at what he does, so he puts a lot of effort into it. I just worry about him… and I miss him when it’s just me in the house.
 
I dropped my stuff on the couch and collapsed on it, hugging my favorite cushion. What to do. At this time nothing interesting would be on TV. I didn’t want to use my computer. I grabbed my phone and punched in a text.
 
Chansung! I’m bored ;~;
What should I do???
<3 your favorite nuisance
 
I set it aside and waited. Soon enough I felt the familiar vibration of the phone in my hand. 
 
Aigo. Kid, why must you always bother me?
Go online or something.
<3 apparently your favorite person to bug.
 
I giggled.
 
Anie, I don’t want to go online.
Will you entertain me, Chansung?
<3 you know who
 
--
 
I’ll be over soon to entertain you.
<3 I wish you didn’t know who
 
Instantly I got off the couch and began putting my stuff away; I hated having the house a mess when Chansung was over. 
 
After about 10 minutes the house looked decent and I heard Chansung close his car door outside my house. I opened the door and watched my best friend walked towards me, his jeans in his pocket. He was wearing a very low cut red v-neck shirt and tight jeans with boots on.
 
“Why are you all dressed up?” I joked, “You’re not going anywhere.”
 
Chansung rolled his eyes, “I just got back from a date, silly.”
 
“Oh really?” I said, “Well excuse me, Mr. Social Life.”
 
Chansung just laughed and attacked me in one of his bear hugs that I absolutely loved. They were the best hugs ever, next to my brother’s of course. I then dragged him inside and he pulled away, flying onto the couch. He grabbed the TV remote control, the TV and started flipping through the channels, his arm acting as a pillow. He kicked off his shoes.
 
I gawked.
 
“You call this entertainment?” I exclaimed, pointing at him.
 
“What?” he replied, “My drama is on! I was just watching it before you called me over.”
 
I crossed my arms, “I thought you just got back from a date?”
 
Chansung avoided my gaze.
 
“We were watching it at her house.”
 
“Ahuh.”
 
I then walked over and turned off the television, then placed my hands on my hips.
 
“AW COME ON!” Chansung complained, “I’ve already missed 2 episodes of Cinderella’s Sister, I can’t miss another one!”
I made a face, “Cinderella’s Sister? That’s your drama?”
 
Chansung patted the empty spot on the couch next to him and smiled, “Come lay down next to me and we’ll watch it together. You’ll like it, trust me.” 
 
I sighed, defeated and went to lay down next to him while he the television with the remote. I crawled onto the small space he had for me, then wrapped his arms around my waist to keep me from falling off the couch. I rested my head on my arm and focused on the TV. On the screen a girl with short hair was crying while a tall tan guy was standing next to her watching.
What was this?
 
I continued to watch, but I was so uninterested I began to fall asleep. I drifted into a slumber, Chansung’s lips brushing against my ear.
 
“Are you sleeping?” was the last thing I heard before I slept. 
 
***
 
It wasn’t long before my eyes shot open, due to the vibrations of my phone. I lifted my hair and looked around, realizing the drama was now over and Chansung had his arms round me, his head resting on my shoulder--asleep. I smiled at his sleeping face and reached towards the coffee table to get my phone, careful not to disturb my sleeping best friend. 
 
I flipped open my phone and read that I had received a text message from someone I had not spoken to in a long time;
 
I’m coming home
- Jay
 
It took every nerve in my body to keep me from screaming.
 
Too bad it didn’t work, because as soon as I computed those 3 words, I screamed out, jumping up from the couch, causing Chansung to wake with a start. 
 
“Wha--wha--what happened??” He said, sitting up, rubbing his eye.
 
“HE’S COMING BACK!” I shouted, jumping up and down, holding my phone with both my hands in front of me. I began to twirl around, still looking at my phone, cheering. 
 
“Since when are you this excited for your brother to get home?” Chansung asked, stretching.
 
“No, silly!” I said, “Jay! Park Jaebeom is coming back!”
 
Chansung’s eyes widened, “What? Jay’s coming back to Korea? How do you know??”
 
I showed him my phone and a smile spread on his face.
 
“Wow,” he said, “After 2 years Park Jaebeom is coming back to Korea.”
 
“I have to call Khun,” I said, “He’ll be so excited!!”
 
“I’m just wondering what he’s doing up this early,” Chansung said, “It should be like, 4 or 5 in the morning in Seattle, maybe 6.” 
 
“Should I call him?” I said kneeling on the floor next too Chansung’s legs. I rested my head on his knee. 
 
“Anie, call Khun instead.”
 
Just then, as if on cue, the door handle rattled and the door opened, letting my brother in. He was wearing a huge greeny hoodie and skinny black pants--his usual attire at the studio. 
 
He stopped in his tracks at the doorframe, looking from me to Chansung.
 
“What’s going on?” he asked suspiciously, raising an eyebrow.
 
Chansung and I exchanged looks and instantly I realized how awkward our position looked. I stood up quickly and looked at my brother.
 
“Nothing,” I said trying to act as if he had seen nothing.
 
Another brow was raised as he looked at us.
 
“Ahuh.”
 
“Oppa!” I said as he closed the door behind him and took off his hoodie, “Jay’s coming!”
 
He looked at me, “What? How do you know?”
 
I showed him my text and his eyes widened.
 
“PARK JAEBEOM IS COMING?” he exclaimed ecstatically, “When??”
 
“I’ll ask him!”
 
Before I could even flip open my phone I felt it vibrate, alerting me I had just received a text message. From Jay:
 
I’m boarding the plane in a little bit.
Make sure you’re there to pick me up ok? 
Jay
 
“Jay oppa is boarding the plane right now!!”
 
“WHAT?” Khun said taking my phone and reading the text for confirmation, “What time is it over there?”
 
“Like, 4, 5, or 6 am,” Chansung responded.
 
“He’ll get here tomorrow morning, then,” Khun said, “Aigo, Park Jaebeom a little warning would have been nice! I guess we’re gonna have to go pick him up.”
 
“YES!” I said, throwing my arms in the air. It was so excited to see Jaebeom oppa again--it had been way too long.
 
Khun then took out  his phone and began dialing.
 
“Who’re you calling?”
 
“Taec,” he replied, “I’m rounding up everybody so we can all go greet him when he lands. It’s been years since he--Taec! Hey, what are you doing tomorrow at like 6am..?”
 
Khun ran up the stairs and locked himself in his room.
 
Chansung and I exchanged glances.
 
“JAY OPPA IS COMING!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands up again and attacking Chansung in a hug. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------
O_O This is the longest I've ever taken to update. MIANHE! I hope you like this chapter. I'ma get started on chapter 6 right now.
Thank you to all who subscribed and commented! I hope it was worth your while! ^^
xoxox Clefairy