" I'll Bring You A Barbie Next Time!"

Oppa, Please!

 Chapter 3


I walked inside the theatre with my big bag of popcorn and Chansung at my side. Taec and the others were going on and on about how excited they were for the movie. I wasn’t very thrilled. I hated horror movies, especially watching them on the big screen. Why were a bunch of grown men going to see a horror film for anyway? It made no sense to me.
 
We made our way to the back of the theatre and all sat down at the very last row. I sat between Taecyeon and Chansung. Our group was the only group of people in this theatre. I guess the rest of the world had the same common sense that I have and didn’t dare watch the movie.
 
The seats in this theatre were huge, and I was tiny enough to be able to bring my feet up and hug my legs, cuddling up into a little ball in the corner of the seat. Taec saw me and laughed, ruffling my hair. I didn’t blush too much, since it was dark and no one noticed out interaction. When it was just me and Taec I felt a lot better than when it was us and the rest of the world.
 
“Are you really scared?” Taec whispered, leaning in so his lips almost brushed my ear. I could barely breathe.
 
“Yeah,” I said, playfully pushing him away.
 
“You exaggerate,” Taec said, playing with my hair, “It’s not THAT scary. Trust me.” I rolled my eyes and glued them to the screen, holding on to my bag of popcorn tightly. I shouldn’t have bought it… in a matter of minutes it’s gonna be all over the floor. Chansung leaned in and grabbed a handful of my popcorn then stayed there, resting on the arm rest. I scooted closer to him for comfort.
 
* * *
The movie was just as I expected it: horrible.
By the end of the film I had tears stained on my face and I was shaking. Throughout the whole thing Taec had to keep his hand on my knee to keep me from screaming. And just as I anticipated I jumped during one of the scenes, causing my popcorn to go flying all over the floor and everyone’s laps. At one point I even buried my head into Chansung’s neck. Why would they make me go into see that movie? 
 
We walked out of the theatre, me clinging onto Chansung’s arm. My brother and the others were jumping around like kids about how awesome the movie was. I strongly disagreed.
 
“Can we go home now?” I asked, tugging on my jumping brother’s shirt. He stopped and looked at me.
 
“Are you serious?” Khun said, wrapping his arm around my shoulders, “The movie scared you that much?”  I just looked at him, but he knew that I was saying yes.
 
I really hated scary movies.
 
Khun sighed, “Fine. Hey guys, I’m gonna go. ~~~~ wants to go home.”
 
“Awwwww”, the boys echoed.
 
“Already?”
 
Suddenly I felt guilty.
 
“Actually, oppa,” I said, “It’s okay. You never go out, stay here I’ll just take the bus home, it’s fine.” Khun ruffled my hair.
 
“Are you sure?” Khun said, “You know I don’t like you taking the bus by yourself.” I nodded while trying to pry his hands off my hair. 
 
“I’m sure,” I replied.
 
“I’ll take you home.”
 
We all turned to look at Taec. My heart, of course, began to pound. He gave me a reassuring smile.
 
“I have to go to meet my parents for some family reunion thing anyway,” he continued, “Your house is on the way to my parent’s house, so I’ll be glad to give you a lift.”
 
Everyone looked at me with sheepish grins plastered on their faces.
 
Why is this my life.
 
“Um,” I said, “Okay.”
 
 
* * *
 
It’s times like these where I don’t know if I should be happy or a nervous wreck. I mean, sure I’ve ridden in a car with Taec before, but those times there was atleast 5 other guys in the car with us. And I was always in the back. Now I’m gonna be riding in his car, sitting right next to him.
 
I stood at the mall’s entrance. Taec had told me to wait there while he go his car. As much as I told him that he didn’t have to give me a ride home, that I could easily have taken the bus, he just kept on insisting. One of the many things I loved about him. He was a gentleman. 
 
As I waited I pondered how the ride was gonna go. My house is pretty far away from the mall… I don’t know if I can bull a conversation that long.
 
‘Stop worrying!’ I tried telling myself, ‘You’ve known him almost all your life. You’re only making it awkward because you want to.’
 
“Right,” I whispered to myself.
 
Just then Taec’s car pulled up in front of me and he rolled the passenger’s window down.
 
“Get in,” he said. I pulled the handle and got inside the car, feeling my face grow hot with each passing second. I put on my seatbelt and placed my hands on my lap, not intending to move them one bit. I felt the car start driving away and soon the mall was behind  us. No one said anything.
 
‘So much for not making it awkward,’ I thought to myself.
 
Suddenly I felt someone touch my shoulder causing me to squeal and jump up in my seat a little bit. Taec began to laugh while my face turned the color of a tomato.
 
“Don’t laugh,” I told him, “It’s not funny.”
 
“The movie scared you that bad?”
 
“…maybe.”
 
Taec chuckled, keeping his eyes on the road.
 
“So tell me, how have you been ~~~~?” he asked, “It’s been a while since we sat down and talked.”
 
‘Yeah, years,’ I thought.
 
“I’ve been okay,” I answered, finally managing to look at him. His profile was absolutely perfect, his bone structure the best I’ve ever seen. His jaw line was so tempting… I was only a few inches away. If I wanted to I could reach up and simply…
 
“How’s the love life?”
 
Now, why did he have to go and ask that question? I turned my attention back to my window.
 
“It’s… you know. Uneventful.”
 
“Oh really?”
 
Yes really. How could my love life be anything but when the one guy I’m head over heels for looks at me as his best friend’s little sister and nothing more? If you want me to tell you that my love life is incredible and interesting, first YOU have to make it that way. I mean what am I supposed to say? ‘Yes, Taec, really. My love life is a complete bore because you have yet to ask me on a date. You still see me as this puny kid when we both know kids don’t--oh hey he’s talking.
 
“You haven’t found the one yet?” he asked me, his eyes glued to the road in front of him.
 
I kind of wanted to slap him.
 
“I’ve found him,” I replied, “He just won’t acknowledge me.”
 
“I see,” he said, “One of those blind guys, eh?”
 
“I guess.”
 
I could see that he was acting stupid on purpose. Everybody and their mothers knew of my feelings for Taec, him included. But I guess it’s good that he’s not mentioning it too much. I can barely stand the awkwardness now.
 
After about 20 minutes we pulled up to my driveway. Finally. Taec offered to walk me to my front door and he did, although very quietly. Why wasn’t there anything to say? 
 
“Thanks for the ride,” I said trying to break the curse.
 
“Oh yeah, sure, no problem.” he said, standing before me, cutely playing with his keys. I looked up at his face. Our eyes locked and for that split second the world around me melted away.
 
“Uhm, do you wanna come in?” I asked, my hand on the doorknob, “Do you want something to drink? Or do you have to go already?”
 
Taec looked at me, considering it.
 
“You know I’d love to, ~~~~” he said finally, “But I do have to meet my parents.”
 
I smiled and nodded.
 
“Maybe on the 2nd date,” he teased. I gawked at him and he winked.
 
“That’s NOT funny, oppa!” I exclaimed, pushing him. He laughed--a sound that sent shivers up and down my body. 
 
“Okay, I guess I should go now,” he said calming down, “Bye, ~~~~.” He pulled me into a hug, his arms wrapped around my shoulders. I placed my hands on his back, a bit surprised by the sudden movement, but soon enough my legs began to feel like jelly and I rested my head against his lean shoulder, getting a whiff of his familiar scent.
 
That hug could have been seconds, but to me it seemed like hours. Yet, it wasn’t long enough for me.
 
He finally let go, keeping his hands on my shoulders. He came down to eye-level with me and bumped his forehead with mine softly.
 
‘WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?’ I screamed in my head, the familiar sense of the blood rushing to my face occurring.
 
“I’ll see you, ~~~~,” he said, ruffling my hair for the umpteenth time today. What was it with these guys and my hair?
 
I watched him walk away, still not being able to feel my legs. He got to his car and before he got in he turned to me and said, “I’ll bring you a Barbie next time!” 
 
Again, I gawked him and as he got in his care I yelled out, “NOT FUNNY!”
 
-------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed! ^^
XOXOX Clefairy~