Yoona's Party - Pt. 1

Oppa, Please!

Chapter 8


I walk inside my house, tired, dragging my feet. Jay had not wanted to leave the mall so early, so we were there until we were forced to leave because it was closing. Typical Jay.


“Hey there,” Khun greets me. He is laying across the couch, watching the same drama Chansung had forced me to watch with him that one time.


“Hi,” I respond, dropping my bag on the ground and plopping down on the couch next to him.

“How was your day?” he asks.

“Tiring.”

“I hope you’re not too tired,” he says, “We’re going out in a few minutes.”

I look at him, “What?”

“I don’t know if you remember her,” Khun says, “But and old friend of mine--Yoona--invited us to her housewarming barbeque tonight.”

I’m sorry--what? Did I hear correctly? Yoona? The girl Jay said Taec likes? The girl that likes my brother? The girl I just now saw wandering around the mall? Her?

I guess you can see the surprise on my face, but being at a loss for words, I don’t say anything.

“You okay?” Khun asks.

“I am at a loss for words.”

Khun laughs, “Why? Just say yes or no to the barbeque.”

“But I’m tiiiiiirrrrrreeeeddddd--”

“Taec will be there.”

“Fine.”

I guess it’s time to get ready for a barbeque.

***

My heart pumps as we pull up to an unfamiliar house a few minutes away from our own.

“I can’t believe you made me wear this stupid dress, Khun,” I complain, pulling at the hem of my skirt, desperately trying to cover my knees.

“I got it for you for your birthday last year, and you never wore it,” he answers, taking off his seatbelt, “This is what you get.”

I groan as I take my seat belt off and get out of the car. I hold on to Khun’s hand and he walks me around the house to the backyard where I instantly hear music and smell the scent of yummy Korean barbeque. Khun opens a wooden door attached to the fence and immediately we are greeted by a petite girl with a huge smile on her face.

“Khun!!” she exclaims, “You made it!!”

It’s Yoona. And she is wearing the same dress as me. A girl’s worst nightmare. I remind myself to burn this dress as soon as we got home.

Yoona gives Khun a huge hug, causing him to let go of my hand and have me stand there. That’s always awkward.

“How’ve you been?” Khun asks when they finally separate.

“I’ve been okay!” she responds, then looks at me, “Is this your girlfriend?”

I almost laugh.

“What? No,” Khun answered, “This is my sister, ~~~.”

Yoona’s perfect almond eyes widen as she places her perfect, slim hands on her face.

“You’re ~~~?” she exclaims, “Wow! You’ve grown up! You probably don’t remember me, do you?”

“Not really,” I say, smiling slightly.

“That’s ok, it’s been a while,” she replies with her perfect smile, “Come in, come in!!”

We are led to the main part of her perfect backyard where there are tables and food and drinks and people and Taec standing in the back with Junho and Wooyoung, with his perfect smile and perfect laugh and perfect--

“Help yourselves to drinks and food,” Yoona says, pointing to everything, then turning her attention to the door, “Oh! Jessica and Tiffany are here, I’ll be right back--Jessica!!”

And she’s gone.

Khun immediately begins to help himself and I look at him.

“What?” he says smiling, “I’m hungry.”

“What am I doing here?”

“You are here,” he responds, pouring himself a drink, “To welcome your unnie to the neighborhood.”

My unnie?!

Before I can protest, Taec and the rest of the guys walk up to us and go through their daily obnoxious greeting routine, all except for Chansung who comes straight to me and gives me one of his huge bear hugs.

“I didn’t think you’d make it, man!” Taec says to Khun as they exchange handshakes.

“Are you kidding?” he exclaims, “Of course I’d be here!”

Junsu snickers, “Khunnie had no choice.”

“Shut up, Junsu,” Khun says and punches him playfully.

Of course, I’m just standing there not expecting to be noticed by anyone but Chansung. Then all of a sudden I feel Taec’s eyes on me.

“~~~,” he says, “Are you wearing a…dress?”

“You wanna make something of it?” I reply, feeling my face turn red.

“You look cute,” he says, chuckling, “It suits you.”

I stay quiet, blushing. Chansung places a hand over my shoulder and checked his phone.

I feel Taec keep his eyes on me for a few more seconds before breaking out his bromance with the guys. They all pour themselves drinks and make toast after toast while I stand there staring at my feet. The atmosphere is far more awkward than I imagined, everyone knows each other and the only people I knew are standing in front of me ignoring me. I knew I should have stayed home.

I look up at Taec and smile slightly as his almond eyes twinkle with joy. He really loves being around his friends. It’s only a matter of time before I start feeling my face grow hot and my heart start beating at that familiar pace. He is so amazing. I wish he saw me as more than just a kid.

Just then, Yoona of all people walks up and hands us all goody bags, as if we were at some children’s party or something. Instantly Taec’s whole being changes and he focuses all of his attention on Yoona.

“I hope you guys are enjoying yourself!” she says, giving me my goody bag.

“Yoona you look incredible,” Taec replies, ignoring her previous comment, “That dress is just beautiful on you.”

I look down at my own same exact dress.

“Thank you,” Yoona says with that perfect smile of hers, “If you need anything, you know where to find me!”

“You are such a kiss ,” Junsu says as soon as she’s gone, “Have you no pride, bro?”

Taec laughs, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I’m gonna go use the restroom,” I say and quickly walk away.

Chansung finally puts his phone away and says, “Want me to go w--”

“Chansung, you are not a girl.”

Quickly I walk into the house and squeeze through all the people mingling. I head straight for where I think the bathroom is but I’m stopped by a girl with long black hair.

“Unnie!”

I almost crash into her because I stopped so suddenly but I tackle her as soon as I realize who it is.

“Krystal!” I exclaim, “It’s been so long!!!”

The petite girl is laughing while hugging me at the same time. I pull away to get a good glimpse of her-- the last time I saw her she was tiny and still playing with dolls. Her long black hair now reached her midsection and she wore makeup now!

“What are you doing here!?” I ask her.

“Jessica dragged me along,” she explained.

“Khun dragged me here,” I said to her and we laughed. Oh, the life of the younger sister.

Krystal had made me completely forget about my bathroom urges and she eventually drags me back outside. We go looking for the boys but figured it’s useless--they’re probably mingling with all of Yoona’s guests and Yoona herself. So we sit down on the outside staircase that leads towards the attic with a few drinks and we talk. We gab about what’s happened throughout the years and recall memories of us together.

Then Taec is brought up.

“So, are you still crushing on the tall dude?” Krystal asks, taking a sip from her margarita.

I smile, not really surprised by the question. Everyone asks me eventually.

“Yeah, believe it or not,” I tell her.

“Any progress?”

“Maybe.”

Krystal looks up at me. Her smile grows wider and I feel my face grow warm.

“What do you mean, maybe?” she asks, scooting in closer to me. She looks around to make sure no one is listening and looks back to me. I laugh.

“Well…” I start, “We asked me to a Super Junior concert.”

“WHAT!?” she screams. Everyone turns to look at her for a second and she quiets down and turns back to me.

“How’d he get the tickets? That concert sold out in seconds!”

“I have no idea,” I say, “All I know is that I’m gonna go see Super Junior with Ok Taecyeon. Just me and him.” My stomach does summersaults.

“Are you gonna kiss him?” Krystal asks.

I look at her, “Aren’t you a little too young to be talking about that?”

“I’m 16,” she replies, “You’re only 2 years older.”

“Three,” I reply, “My birthday’s next month.”

“Isn’t the concert like the day before your birthday?” Krystal says, suddenly remembering the date of my birthday.

“I don’t know,” I reply, “Is it?”

“I think it is.”

“Well, I’m getting what I’ve wanted for 15 years for my birthday this year!” I exclaim. Krystal and I high-five each other and as I sip on my drink I scope the crowd for Taec. I see him huddled with the others, laughing at whatever Wooyoung is going on about. I see Taec avert his gaze towards where I am and as we make eye contact, he smiles at me. And it’s a different smile than the ones he usually gives me. It’s a soft smile that freezes everything around me. He nods at me, knowingly, and I smile back at him. For that split second it feels like it’s just the two of us in the world, and just like that it’s over. Wooyoung does something to win back his attention and I look at Krystal once again, who’s going on and on about a boy at school she likes.

“Hey,” she finally says, “Let’s just go over to them. I know you want to.”

“Okay,” I say grinning and we get up and head towards our familiar crowd.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DUN DUN DUN! Finally, I update after all this time.....T_T I am so sorry my beautiful readers *pets you all* you have all been so loyal to me. I shall update again tomorrow! I promise! I love you all :D

xoxox Clefairy