Seven Again

Oppa, Please!

 

I’ve had Chansung leaning on my shoulder for almost an hour now as we sat waiting for Jay’s plane to land. Khun had insisted we got here at least 2 hours early to make things faster. So we’ve been here since 4 in the morning.
 
I drank my third energy that morning, and tossed the empty can into a near by trash can. I looked down at Chansung, who looked back up at me and sat up. 
 
“Has Jay texted you yet?” he asked, pointing at the phone that had been in my hot little hand for the past 3 hours. 
 
“Nope,” I said, pouting and looking at my phone, “Maybe the flight got delayed?”
 
“Are you SURE he’s coming?” Wooyoung said as he walked toward us with a cup of hot coffee, “The plane should have been here by now.”
 
“He said he was coming,” I replied, “He just didn’t tell me at what time…”
 
“Aish,” Wooyoung said, “It’s just like that grandpa to leave out the important information.” Chansung laughed.
 
“Where’s my brother?” I asked, looking around for him. Wooyoung nodded towards the Cinnabon as he drank out of his cousing.
 
“They’re all in there.” he said.
 
Just then, 4 guys walked out of the Cinnabon with paper bags and drinks in their hands. I could see the girls around them stop and stare. I scoffed. They always seemed to grab every single girl’s attention, and I was always the target for dirty looks and whispers. I looked around and just as I suspected, there were a few girls already throwing me looks. I sighed.
 
“~~~~,” I heard my name being called. I turned my head and nearly jumped when I saw Taec’s crotch in front of my face. He laughed as I turned red.
 
“Here, I got you a cinnamon roll,” he said, handing me the paper bag he was holding. I took it, my cheeks beginning to burn. 
 
“Thanks,” I said, reaching into the bad to take out the cinnamon roll. He sat down next to me and sipped on a soda, watching me open the box the cinnamon roll was in. I looked at him.
 
“You’re drinking soda at 6 in the morning?”
 
“You drank like 3 energy drinks,” he retaliated, then moved the soda towards me, “You want some?” I looked at him for a bit then took the soda and took a sip from the straw.
 
“Ew, you guys just kissed without contact,” Junho commented, making a face at me and Taec. I instantly gave Taec his soda back and punched Junho’s hip. He winced but my punch obviously wasn’t hard enough to cause him any pain. Taec laughed and sipped out of his soda while I tried to cover my already blushing face.
 
“Do you think something happened to the airplane?” Khun then said, trying to get rid of the awkward air. 
 
“Maybe we just came to early,” Chansung complained, yawning and putting his head on my shoulder again. I laughed and leaned my head on his.
 
“Has he texted you?” Khun asked me.
 
“He can’t text me if he’s on a plane.”
 
“She’s right,” Junsu said, sipping on his coffee.
 
“Maybe we’re on the wrong terminal,” Junho suggested, looking around. I shook my head.
 
“Nope, he said this one, I’m positive.”
 
They all sighed, and I checked my phone again for confirmation. The last text I had received from Jay had what terminal he would be in, but not what time. At this point I wanted to slap him. That’s it. As soon as he gets here, I’m slapping him. Yep.
 
“Oh god,” I said standing up, “I think I had too much to drink.”
 
“Why, you have to pee?” Chansung said, looking up.
 
“I’ll be right back,” I replied and stood upand handing my phone to Khun, “Here, incase Jay calls.“ “Quickly making my way to the women’s bathroom a few feet away. 
 
I walked in, found a stall, did my business and got to the sink to wash my hands. There was no one in the room, it was just me. I began to hum to myself as I rinsed my hands. I looked up at the mirror and found a regular looking girl looking back at me. My hair was draped over my shoulders and chest and I hadn’t put on any eye makeup this morning. I looked like a regular 18 year old girl. I smiled at myself. It wasn’t that bad. I actually thought I was pretty. I mean, I wasn’t gorgeous, but I definitely wasn’t ugly. 
 
If only Taec could see that.
 
I shrugged at my reflection and dried my hands with a paper tower, then pushed open the door, ready to head back to the benches where I had left the guys. I lifted my head and stopped in my tracks. The benches were empty.
 
“What the--” I said and looked around for a glimpse of 6 tall boys walking around. I saw no one. They had left me. 
 
Make that 6 tall s.
 
I felt my pockets for my phone so I could call them, but then I remembered I gave it to my of a brother. I groaned and began to walk to the benches, hoping someone would pop out and yell my name, telling me they were over at some other place.
 
Nothing.
 
What was I going to do? I had no idea where to go, the last time I’d been at an airport was when I was 16 and got back from visiting my parents in the states. I don’t usually like wandering around an airport, it’s not a particular hobby of mine.
 
I walked around the airport, trying not to look lost. People still stared at me like I was some 6 year old girl who had lost her mommy. I kept my eyes fixed in front of me, no making eye contact with anyone, otherwise I’d start crying. I hate being lost.
 
I turned about 3 corners before I realized I had no idea how to get back to the benches. What if they had gone back to the benches and I wasn’t there? And I didn’t have my phone with me. How ing smart am I.
 
I heard myself whimper and quickly covered my mouth. 
 
Don’t cry, I told myself, don’t cry, don’t cry, don’t cry.
 
I felt my face turn red.
 
What is wrong with you? I thought, You are 18 friggin years old, not 6. Get a hold of yourself, you’ll be fine.
 
I wasn’t very convincing.
 
“Taec,” I whispered, but mentally slapped myself before I finished whatever sentence had escaped my mouth.
 
“Get a hold of yourself, ~~~” I said, and shook my head, “They can’t be far. I’m sure they’re looking for you at this very second!”
 
I turned around and intended to walk back to where I had come from, but stopped dead in my tracks--again.
 
There was a guy with a huge backpack and a suitcase walking towards me in a grey hoodie and a white beanie. He was looking down at his watch, obviously not caring that he had almost bumped into 3 people just now. He was short, not as tall as Taec or any of the others, but he was atleast 2 or 3 inches taller than I was. His ears were pierced and his eyes were really slanted. He walked with style.
 
I caught my breathe as he looked up and noticed me standing there, my eyes wide with bewilderment. He gave me the same look as he dropped his backpack and suitcase to the floor. We locked eyes.
 
He began to say my name but I interrupted.
 
“Jay!?” I shouted before automatically running towards him. He opened his arms to me and caught me neatly in a hug, spinning me around for the whole world to see. I could tell we were getting looks, but at this point I didn’t care.
 
Finally he put me down, but didn’t let go of my waist. My arms were still wrapped around his neck and we looked at each other, huge smiles spreading on our faces.
 
“I finally found you!!” I said, smiling at the boy I hadn’t seen or talked to in years. He smiled as well, a sight I had missed for much too long.
 
“Did I take long?” he said, his arms still around my waist, “I realized I didn’t tell you what time I’d be arriving.”
 
“We’ve been here since 4 in the morning.”
 
He let go and burst out laughing. I stood there with a smile on my face, restraining my own laughter. 
 
“Come on, let’s go find the others,” I said, taking his lightest looking suitcase. He grabbed his backpack and followed me as I led him towards the benches I all of a sudden knew the location of. I didn’t feel lost anymore. 
 
We walked a few feet with him right behind me before a comment of his stopped me.
 
“Damn,” he said.
 
I stopped and turned around, “What?”
 
He was staring at my hips, “How old are you again, ~~~?”
 
“I’m turning 19 in a month,” I said, “Why?”
 
“You were 16 last time I saw you, right?” he asked.
 
I nodded, “Almost 17. Why?”
 
He looked at me up and down, causing my face to grow hot.
 
“You… matured.”
 
“JAY!”
 
“What? It’s true?” he said amused, “Now, come on, let’s go find your brother.” He walked past me, grabbing my hand as he did and pulling me with him. He fingers were tangled with mine and my face grew even hotter.
 
We walked for a few minutes, chitchatting about how Jay’s flight had been, how his stay was in the states and all that.
 
“Hey!” we heard as we turned a corner and we saw 6 tall s walk towards us with huge grins. I puffed up my cheeks in annoyance.
 
“Where did you go?” I asked, irritated, “I got lost and I had no way of contacting you!”
 
“Blame Wooyoung,” Chansung said, “He thought he saw Jay and went running after him. We all just followed him until we found out it wasn’t Jay.”
 
“Sorry, ~~~,” Taec said, running his hand up and down my back. My face turned red.
 
“Oh,” I said, “It’s okay.”
 
“JAAAAYYY!!!” Khun finally shouted, attacking Jay in a huge manly bear hug, “You bastard, you’re finally here!!” Then everyone, including Taec who up to that point had still had his hand on my back, joined in to form a huge manly group hug, nearly crushing poor Jay. I stood and watched, amused.
 
“Wow, Park Jaebeom, you’re finally here!!” Junsu said, a huge smile on his face, “What took you so long to come back??”
 
“Hey, at least I’m here,” Jay replied.
 
“For how long?” asked Junho.
 
“Three months,” he replied.
 
“Yay!” I said, throwing my hands up.
 
“Wow, that’s great,” Taec said, “Where are you staying?”
 
“I don’t know.”
 
We look at him.
 
“What?” Wooyoung said, “How do you not know where you’re staying for 3 months?”
 
“Well you see,” Jay said, “I kind of booked my tickets before I actually thought things through so…”
 
Oh yeah, I was supposed to slap him when he got here.
 
“Ow!” he said, rubbing his arm, “What was that for??”
 
“ARE YOU CRAZY?” I replied, “How are you--why--did you think--…JAY!?”
 
He gave us his signature smile, “Calm down, I’ll find a place.”
 
“You can stay with me if you want,” Taec offered, “Extra bedroom and bathroom. There’s plenty of room.”
 
“Yeah?” Jay said casually, “Aiight, then, let’s go.”
 
“Are we finally leaving?” Chansung complained, “I’m sleepy.”
 
“Yeah, let’s go to my place.” Taec said.
 
I gulped. Taec’s place?
 
***
 
The car ride to Taec’s house was like it always was when all the boys were in the same car together, but this time it was about a thousand times rowdier with Jay participating. He was always the center of attention, and this time it was no exception. I couldn’t help but smile. It was nice having the group complete again. 
 
I found myself dozing off throughout the car ride. I hadn’t slept well last night and Taec’s house was like 45 minutes from the airport. And Jay’s arm around my waist was warm enough to cause my eyes to droop. His armed made a great pillow.
 
***
 
I felt anxious as we walked through Taec’s door. I had never been to his new house. The last time I went to his house he was still living with his parents, and I don’t know how long ago that was.
 
I walked in and while everyone helped Jay put his stuff in the extra room I stayed in the living room looking around at every detail, trying to commit it to memory. The place was a bit strange in decoration, but this was Ok Taecyeon we were talking about. A smile pulled at my cheeks as I looked at the pictures he had in frames on top of the fireplace. One caught my attention.
 
A small pictures in a plain wooden frame right next to a picture of Taec and his parents. It was a picture of…me. Me and Taec, when we were younger. I was about 13, and he was 16 or 17. He had his arms around my waist and was lifting me in the air, my arms around his neck. We were in front of a Ferris wheel. I remember this day! Khun must have taken this picture. I wonder why he still keeps it…
 
I reached for it but was stopped when I heard the footsteps of giants running back in from the hallway. I turned around and watched them fly in and land on the couch cleanly. I laughed.
 
Taec, who had run to the kitchen, came out with snacks and set them on the coffee table. I instantly walked over to reach for the carrots and ranch dip but was pulled back by a strong hand and landed on someone’s lap. 
 
Jay. I should have known.
 
“You’re really grown, ~~~” he said, “You’ve gotten a lot cuter since the last time I saw you. I didn’t think that was possible.”
“R-really?” I replied, blushing. I glanced at Taec who was sipping his drink, not paying any attention to whatever conversation Jay was attempting with me.
 
“Careful now,” Khun said, “Do you think anyone forgot how much of a player you are?”
 
Everyone laughed. I tried getting off of Jay’s lap, but he wouldn’t let me. His grip on my thighs was tight.
 
Throughout the rest of the day we stayed at Taec’s house. Literally the whole day. When we were finally ready to leave it was almost 10pm at night. All through the day, Jay made sure I stayed by his side. When we went into the kitchen, he would hold my hand. When I tried to get something out of the top cupboard, he would wrap his arms around my waist and not let me go. Every time I went to go sit on the couch, he would pull me away and made me sit next to him.
 
Not that I was complaining.
 
Taec, on the other hand, hadn’t looked at me at all.
 
At the end of the day, I finally fell asleep, resting my head on Jay, his arm around me. I guess I could never keep up with the manly men.
 
I don’t know how long I slept, but when I finally opened my eyes, I was being carried into my room. I guess the guys had accompanied Khun and I home. I felt myself being placed on top of my fluffy bed and the covers being pulled over me. I opened my eyes and saw Jay above me, that bright smile plastered on his face. I stirred.
 
“Good night, princess,” he said and leaned in to kiss my forehead. I guess he missed because he ended up kissing the corner of my mouth. I giggled and dozed off again. 
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well? It was worth the wait right? Lol
xoxo Clefairy