Super Junior

Oppa, Please!

 

Chapter 7
 
It was now well into the second week of Jay’s stay in Korea and of course I hadn’t seen Taecyeon in weeks. It seems the more I spent time around him, the less I heard from him. 
 
Jay, on the other hand, was a completely different story. I saw him practically everyday. Whenever we didn’t see each other, he was texting me the whole day. It’s as if he was trying to make up for all the time he wasn’t here. I mean, I loved the attention and everything.
 
But I still couldn’t help but miss Taec.
 
I woke up on Saturday morning and checked my phone to see I had 3 texts and 2 missed calls from Jay. I looked at the clock. It was only 10am. What, he expected me to wake up at the crack of dawn to answer every little text? Nevertheless I texted him back.
 
Yes, Jay?
 
Moments later after I finished brushing my hair.
 
Let’s go shopping today. Pick me up at Taec’s house okay?
 
I sighed and replied saying that I would go pick him up. That is if the car was free today. I got out of bed to take a shower and get ready for the long day that was ahead of me. But I smiled at thought of Jay holding my hand like he always did. 
 
***
 
I parked in front of Taec’s house and took in a deep breath. I really, really, hope Taec isn’t home. It’d awkward enough going to his house to pick up Jay, but to actually see him…
 
Whatever, I told myself, just go.
 
I got out of the car and went straight to the front door, knocking and ringing the doorbell at the same time. I put my hands in my pocket and waited.
 
A minute later the door opened and I turned around expecting to see Jay’s rabbit face smiling back at me.
 
Nope. Instead I got Taec the giant.
 
“Oh, ~~~~, hi! I didn’t know you were coming over,” he said, that beautiful smile spread across his face.
 
“Oppa!” I said smiling back, “Oh, I’m here to pick up Jay. Is he here?”
 
“Jay?” he said, his smile shrinking, “Yeah, sure, come on in.” 
 
He made way for me and close the door behind me as I walked in. I looked around--nothing much had changed since the last time I’d been there.
 
“Sit down, Jay will probably take a while,” he said, “Do you want anything to drink? A soda, water--”
 
“No, it’s okay, oppa, thanks.” I said, taking a seat on the comfiest chair in the living room. Taec sat across from me, a smile on his face. He leaned forward and rested his arms on his knees, his eyes still on me.
 
I smiled, “…what?”
 
“Nothing,” he said, “So uh, are you and Jay like…”
 
“No!” I said, laughing, “No, no. We’re just friends.”
 
“Oh, okay,” he said, sitting up comfortably in the couch he was sitting on, “Uhmmm.”
 
I looked at him.
 
He sighed, “Okay, I’ll just come out and say it. What are you doing next Saturday?”
 
My heart stopped. 
 
I think it must have been obvious, since Taec chuckled at my face.
 
“W-why?” I asked, not knowing where this was going but loving it anyway.
 
“I got 2 tickets to see Super Junior,” he said, “Wanna come with? Third daaaate.”
 
My face went scarlet.
 
“Uhm..” I started, “Um--uh--”
 
“You like Super Junior right?” he edged on.
 
I nodded, “Y-yeah! Okay, oppa, I’ll go.”
 
Taec smiled, “Great. I’ll call you later and give you the details, okay?”
 
I nodded, my heartbeat racing. 
 
Just then, Jay walked in, fixing the white beanie he had on his head. He smiled at me and waved.
 
“Hey,” he said, “Ready to go?”
 
I stood up, “Yeah! Let’s go.”
 
“See you later, Taec,” he said, waving at him as he took my hand and led me to the front door. 
 
“Bye, oppa!” I said and saw him wave at me before I was out the door.
 
***
 
“Why don’t you call me oppa?” Jay asked, his arms crossed as we drove to the mall. I looked at him and laughed.
 
“Because you’re Jay.”
 
“You used to call me oppa all the time,” he said to me matter-of-factly. 
 
“You want me to be all cutesy and call you oppa all the time?” I said, still amused, “I thought you hated girls who do that.”
 
“You call Taec oppa.”
 
“Taec’s different,” I replied, turning a corner, “You know that.”
 
Jay scoffed, “Don’t tell me you’re still in love with him, ~~~~. I thought you’d be over him by now.”
 
I didn’t say anything.
 
“Who could make you get over him?” he asked.
 
“What?” I glanced at him.
 
“Me?”
 
“Jay, you’re stupid.”
 
He laughed.
 
***
 
At the mall, Jay held my hand, just like I knew he would. We ate ice cream, we went shopping (mostly for him), and we had fun.
 
But I could not stop thinking about Taec.
 
He asked me out on a date. A legit date. I never thought this day would come. For years I’ve dreamt of the day I would go out with Taec and be able to call it a date. Maybe he really did like me. I mean, why else would he ask me out. And to go see Super Junior, my most favorite group in the whole world?? Those tickets were probably hard to get with just one week until the concert.
Butterflies were now eating away at my stomach.
 
“Hey!” Jay said, waving his hand in my face, “Are you alive?”
 
“Huh?” I said, “Oh, sorry.”
 
We were sitting at a restaurant. He sat in front of me sipping on a soda while I picked at the burger and fries in front of me. His food was all gone.
 
“What were you saying?” I asked, taking one of my fries and feeding it to him.
 
“Meh, it’s not important,” he replied, taking the fry from my hand with his mouth. I smiled.
 
“You’re so cute,” he said, reached forward and softly pinching my cheek.
 
“Am not!” I protested, laughing and swatting his hand away.
 
“Yes you are,” he said, “I don’t know why you don’t have a boyfriend. Anybody would be lucky to have you.”
 
I looked at him. He murmured something else before turning away to the glass wall that separated us from the mall full of people shouted. I sighed, not bothering to ask what he said.
 
“Hey look, it’s Yoona.” he said, straightening up and looking out the glass wall.
 
“Who’s Yoona?” I replied, turning my attention to where he was looking. 
 
I saw a tall, skinny girl stand with 2 shopping backs as she checked something on her cell phone. She was really pretty. Her hair was perfectly in place and she wore hardly any makeup, yet she still looked flawless. She has a great body and I noticed she had a vibrant smile when she looked up to greet someone who walked by.
 
“You probably don’t remember her,” Jay said, “But she used to hang out with us a lot when we were younger. She hung out a lot with Jessica.”
 
“With unnie?” I said, “How come I don’t remember her?”
 
“She moved to Busan a loooong time ago,” he said, “Khun was ten when she moved…so you were about six. I didn’t know she moved back.”
 
“Wow,” I said, “She’s really pretty. Do you want to go talk to her?”
 
“Nah,” he replied, giving his attention back to his soda, “Knowing her she’ll eventually turn up. I bed Taec’s incredibly happy she moved back.”
 
I looked at Jay, “Why?”
 
“Taec’s liked her since we were kids,” he replied, “He’s the only one that’s really kept in touch with her since she moved away.”
 
My stomach did a summersault at the same time that my heart dropped. Not a good feeling.
 
“Taec… likes her?”
 
I turned back to look at her. She was on the phone now, smiling and laughing. She was gorgeous. And not to mention Taec’s age. Oh no…my heart.
 
“He did,” Jay responded, “I don’t know if he still does. Maybe not since he hasn’t asked her out or anything. Everybody knows he likes her, even Yoona. But I’m not sure if she’s interested.”
 
“What makes you say that?” I asked, my eyes still fixed on Yoona.
 
“She likes your brother.” Jay said.
 
Should that be a relief, or should I be even more worried?
 
Finally, she closed her phone and walked away. I turned back to Jay who put down his now empty cup.
 
“Let’s go?” he said, smiling.
 
I gave him a small smile, “Yeah. Let’s go.”
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
;)
 
xoxo Clefairy