Always the Little Girl

Oppa, Please!

 Chapter One

“~~~-ah, wake up!” someone banged on my door. Instantly I shot upright and looked at my clock. 1:00pm. My alarm hadn’t gone off this morning, I was supposed to wake up 3 hour ago.
 
“Shoot,” I muttered to myself and kicked my sheets off, “What!?” I yelled to the person banging on my bedroom door.
 
“You have a phone call, sleepy head!” my older brother’s familiar voice was heard, muffled by the door. I smiled and made my way to the door, running my fingers through my long, brown hair. When I opened the door, my brother was standing there with the phone in one hand and a spatula in the other. He had on my Hello Kitty apron.
 
“Khun Oppa--” I said, stopping myself from laughing.
 
“It was your turn to cook, but you over slept.” Khun said handing me the phone, “Chansung’s on the line.”
 
I took the phone, “Mianhe,” I told Khun as he walked away. 
 
“Yeobosaeyo?” I said, walking back to my bed.
 
“Ya,” I heard, “~~~. You were supposed to meet me in the mall 20 minutes ago, what happened?”
 
“Will you believe me if I told you I overslept?” I said, casually making my bed.
 
“Are you serious?” Chansung said, amusment in his voice, “We planned this last weekend!”
 
“Mianhe!” I said, “Let me get ready and I’ll be there soon. Are you alone?”
 
“No, I’m with Wooyoung hyung. Take your time.”
 
“Okay,” I said, “Annyeong!”
 
I quickly stripped and jumped into my shower. 
 
When I got downstairs, my breakfast was already waiting for me at the table, Khun sitting opposite of me. Khun really was the best brother, he always took care of me. I guess he kinda had to, with our parents back in the states and all. 
 
My family and I moved to Seoul from the US when I was 4 and Khun was 8. We loved it here, so that’s why we’re still here. When I turned 14, our parents wanted to move back to the US, but Khun and I refused, so we stayed here. Khun was already 18, so it was fine. He promised my parent’s he’d take care of me, and we’ve been living pretty well together the past 4 years.
 
“So what are your plans for today?” Khun asked me as I sat down at the table, removing my wet bangs from my eyes. 
 
“I was supposed to meet Chansung at the mall,” I said, “But I overslept.”
 
“How’re you getting there?” he asked me.
 
“Bus,” I said, my mouth stuffed with food. I was hungry and Khun was a great cook.
 
“I’ll drive you,” he offered, picking up his tray and walking it over to the sink.
 
“Are you sure?” I said, swallowing another lump of rice, “I don’t want to bother your, oppa.”
 
“It’s fine,” he said, “I’m meeting Taec and Junsu there anyway.”
 
My ears perked up at the sound of Taec’s name, “Taec oppa is gonna be there?” I asked, finishing off the last bits of food on my plate. Khun nodded. 
 
It’s a good thing he told me after I was finished with my food, otherwise the butterflies that were growing in there wouldn’t have let me eat.
 
The thought of seeing Taecyeon oppa made my ears grow hot. Taec was my brother’s best friend. They’d been friends since the moment we got to Korea, so I’ve known Taec pretty much all my life. Khun, Taec, Junsu and Junho were inseparable. Because I was Khun’s little sister, they were all always nice to me. Junsu and Junho I thought of as brothers but Taec… Taec was different. He always knew how to make my heartbeat speed up and make me feel as if I was flying.
 
Too bad I had always been just “Khun’s little sister” to him.
 
“Are you done?” Khun asked, peeking back in from the kitchen.
 
“Hm?” I said, breaking my thoughts, “Oh, yeah, let me just go get my bag.”
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know it's short, I'm sorry! The next chapter will be better. I'll post it in a few.
XoXo Clefairy